Navigator treasures

Wulf_Ace

ok boys WG is striking again haha

did you see new event? so there are 6 stages of which 3 you can get for free doing missions.

after that you have to pay 1200 for random bundles to get more tokens, only 3 per 1200 doublons!

in total you have to pay over 16 000 doublons to be able to ( now listen to this), to be ABLE to get a chance to buy a tier 8 premium ship for a " discount" price hahahah at only 6750 doublons for a lousy tier 8 premium.

So in the end you pay over 23 000 doublons for a bad premium ship.

Unless ofc you are lucky in a gamble mode and get more tokens in random bundles.

btw i just realize how ironic is that the icon for the random bundles are dices.what a perfect example that you are gambling your money.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

This is continuing to be the case for a while now. Until customers stop participating in such offers these will likely continue and possibly get worse too.

• Like 1

I've always been F2P ... I have had a low opinion of WG after they basically made WoT scouting much harder years ago by removing a lot of cover ... to encourage the heavies to move up. I just stopped having fun playing WoT and uninstalled. That's why I was so slow to embrace WoWS. And it's why I won't ever give them any money.

So these days unless I can get something 100% for free ... I just let whatever temp currency I accumulate convert to silver.

It just makes it easier than trying to decipher all the mess.

• Like 2

Slight OT - but on the same general topic.

I have the "Around the world"-flag....but I can purchase it again? Wierd. Anyone else that has some of the l00t, that seems to be available to re-purchase for them?

Fortunately this prem is so bad that it isn't any loss at all to ignore the event, beyond the initial free missions.
Would be nice to see less frequent events like this though.

• Like 2

The armory looks like a menu from a mobile game at this point: shiny icons, tokens and convoluted prices. I just get the free stuff and ignore the rest of it.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

ok boys WG is striking again haha

did you see new event? so there are 6 stages of which 3 you can get for free doing missions.

after that you have to pay 1200 for random bundles to get more tokens, only 3 per 1200 doublons!

in total you have to pay over 16 000 doublons to be able to ( now listen to this), to be ABLE to get a chance to buy a tier 8 premium ship for a " discount" price hahahah at only 6750 doublons for a lousy tier 8 premium.

Unless ofc you are lucky in a gamble mode and get more tokens in random bundles.

btw i just realize how ironic is that the icon for the random bundles are dices.what a perfect example that you are gambling your money.

Only way those things have an even slight chance to go away is for people to stop buying into them as long as WG gets even couple of € from few thousand suckers we ll be having those as they cost them next to nothing to "create"

Edited by Yedwy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

If one actually wants Hampshire (she's fun in Coop, I guess, albeit wildly sub-optimal compared to *lots* of alternatives for almost anything else), why not just buy her from the premium shop for the normal T8 cruiser price, and without any gambling component or random bloat?

WG clearly over-value the various carp you get along the way through the bundles.

BTW Numancia sounds unremarkable - would that be a fair assessment?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wulf_Ace said:

In total you have to pay over 16000 doublons to be able to (now listen to this), to be ABLE to get a chance to buy a tier 8 premium ship for a " discount" price hahahah at only 6750 doublons for a lousy tier 8 premium.

An IQ test, as usual. 😄😆😂

• Like 4

Just now, Frostbow said:

An IQ test, as usual. 😄😆😂

natural financial selection

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, _Kokushibo_ said:

The armory looks like a menu from a mobile game at this point: shiny icons, tokens and convoluted prices. I just get the free stuff and ignore the rest of it.

A lot of sales events are going on.

Symptomatic of a dire need for more revenues. 

😄

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Slight OT - but on the same general topic.

I have the "Around the world"-flag....but I can purchase it again? Wierd. Anyone else that has some of the l00t, that seems to be available to re-purchase for them?

I don't know if you can purchase again, but the answer is irrelevant.  Having two means nothing.  Flags can be applied to all ships, as many as you choose.

Unless you're thinking you can fly two of the same flag on one ship?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Frostbow said:

A lot of sales events are going on.

😄

Unfortunately, going into whose fault that is, is "politics".

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yes, please stay within talking about WGs offer. Going deeper would involve those. This message is for the overall health of the topic. Not pointing fingers at anyone here.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

Trips to Madam Olga's aren't going to finance themselves y'know...

Laughing2.gif.ddafd28d66513d0cbfd793f3aa7b5fc5.gif

Incidentally, I need coffee before I do the maths (it's still comparatively early over here), but if you already have the pirate permaflage for Hampshire, getting it again will get you 5K doubloons; I don't think it changes the value proposition of the bundles to that point much, but it might for some people.

• Haha 1

I am in between of getting 3 token for 1500 coal or just convert them all for credit...

The deal ain't worth it if you are not going to use the combat signals anyway... The DD camo is particularly underwhelming without economic bonus.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Trips to Madam Olga's aren't going to finance themselves y'know...

Laughing2.gif.ddafd28d66513d0cbfd793f3aa7b5fc5.gif

Incidentally, I need coffee before I do the maths (it's still comparatively early over here), but if you already have the pirate permaflage for Hampshire, getting it again will get you 5K doubloons; I don't think it changes the value proposition of the bundles to that point much, but it might for some people.

i have the camo but to get to that bundle i need to spend 16000 doublons, so no thank you

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

You see it the wrong way. It's to have the HONOR to buy...

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My post did not even approach the "whose fault that is" territory. You are grossly mistaken.

If you want to ascribe "politics" on such a neutral post, that is on you.

• Like 7

Just now, Frostbow said:

My post did not even approach the "whose fault that is" territory. You are grossly mistaken.

If you want to ascribe "politics" on such a neutral post, that is on you.

I don't think he meant it in a way to attack you.

He is right that if one wants to go deeper into who's fault the current system is politics will open up. So let's just stay on discussing the event and offer itself.

For discussions of monetization it is best to create a new topic. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

He is right that if one wants to go deeper into who's fault the current system is politics will open up. So let's just stay on discussing the event and offer itself.

isnt it in every game? from blizzard to activision and to here. 

but on topic, do people nowdays have this much amount of money to spend on stupid events or wargaming have wrong marketing?

open the arnory today, look at all those event there, there is not one single of them that I MIGHT even consider spending, beacouse lowest amounts are 50 euros for a chance to get something that you might get or not get.

dont we all want to spend money and get an item in return what we want?

when did this all become gambling addiction?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

do people nowdays have this much amount of money to spend on stupid events or wargaming have wrong marketing?

Usually offers adapt to the needs of the customer. It appears that WG has not yet offered enough opportunities to spend money. This is how it appears to me. 

The more a customer is willing to spend the more products will be available and the higher the price will be.

40 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

I agree. That's why I only ventured an opinion that it is 'symptomatic'.

41 minutes ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

I know, and I did not see it as an attack. I know he does not attack players, he simply defends WG. 

20 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

isnt it in every game? from blizzard to activision and to here. 

It is in every game. That is how they developers and publishers thrive. It is a really big industry. 

• Like 4