CHANGES TO TEST SHIPS – CLOSED TEST 12.11 & 13.0

Zerstoerherr

Jupiter just got absolutely gutted. Even the upgraded torp lethality doesn't compensate for it IMHO. 

Also, the fact that she has a year attached suggests we might be getting an alternative version, much as we did when Tiger '59 was released and people were saying "That must mean we're getting the battlecruiser." British DD split on the horizon, anyone?

I'm really excited for Tianjian if I'm honest. However I just wish they'd buff her pen back up to Petro levels, that really made her stand out for me and I would love to spend whatever resource it is for her. Hopefully she gets buffed more and more soon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

British DD split on the horizon, anyone?

I don't know what to thing about these changes. It seemed to me like they are trying some alternative premium line (kinda like American Massa-Georgia-Ohio or German Brandenburg-Pommern-GK) with Jupiter - more DPM, less torps, simply a tier VII Cossack, but in the actual state... really confusing, making a torpboat from a gunboat...

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Jupiter just got absolutely gutted.

I'm not sure getting her detection buffed to Haida levels of stealth qualifies as "gutted". 

image.png.1cad4ecb8dcba4972551e1d1d0c6b7a4.png

1 hour ago, torino2dc said:

I'm not sure getting her detection buffed to Haida levels of stealth qualifies as "gutted". 

Remember, EC plays primarily co-op / PVE...so damage output nerfs do indeed gut the ship for that mode.

2 hours ago, torino2dc said:

Detectability isn't everything. Removal of HE is a huge change, removing entirely her ability to stack fires on floods, and I was actually looking forward to having a British DD with torps whose range is competitive.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Jupiter just got absolutely gutted. Even the upgraded torp lethality doesn't compensate for it IMHO. 

Also, the fact that she has a year attached suggests we might be getting an alternative version, much as we did when Tiger '59 was released and people were saying "That must mean we're getting the battlecruiser." British DD split on the horizon, anyone?

The previous Jupiter is the Spanish introductory ship, minelayer Jupiter.

• Like 1

Jupiter gets Haida concealment. It cost literally everything (long torp reload, AP only with no pen, no reduced fuse arm time or fuse threshold)

Scillia just slapped Colombo in the face even harder.

Tianjin gets actual DPM, and Soviet damage con without the downsides.

WG must of finally played Gibraltar, cause a hull like that without a super heal does not last very long.

WTH is WG doing with Rhode Island? That sucker's been mega buffed every time it's showed up.

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

They don't want people to be confused with the Spanish T1 nobody plays.

10 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

They don't want people to be confused with the Spanish T1 

Good catch, although the differing nations ought to sort that one out.

I excised the last two words as they are both superfluous and inaccurate. Those who missed the opening event WILL have to play her, if only once.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu

🙋‍♂️

IX TIANJIN:

The parameters of the High-Precision Spotter consumable were changed:

Action time reduced: 55 to 30s  (?) I'm confused, (normal for me) so, is the word "reduced" a typo or are the numbers transposed?
If they reduced it it would be a nerf from 30s to 55s, but if the numbers are transposed it would be it would be a buff from 55s to 30s. 
🤷‍♂️

Number of charges increased: 3 to 5

Reload time reduced: 200 to 100s

32 minutes ago, Malum0ne said:

🙋‍♂️

IX TIANJIN:

The parameters of the High-Precision Spotter consumable were changed:

Action time reduced: 55 to 30s  (?) I'm confused, (normal for me) so, is the word "reduced" a typo or are the numbers transposed?
If they reduced it it would be a nerf from 30s to 55s, but if the numbers are transposed it would be it would be a buff from 55s to 30s. 
🤷‍♂️

Number of charges increased: 3 to 5

Reload time reduced: 200 to 100s

Prior the Spotter would be in the air for 55secs (its action time- would be about 4 salvoes during that time) and take 200secs to be ready to use again. Now it is only in the air for 30secs (probably two salvoes can be fried off in that span) and take 100sec to be ready again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1