Aug 24 Update on the Lightning Ballistics Affair

Project45_Opytny

10 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

People aren’t annoyed that the bug existed or that WG didn’t know about it. That kind of thing happens quite often. It was raised repeatedly and those raising the issue where repeatedly told that not that only there was no bug, but that no change had occurred at all. They were basically given the run-around until someone who was affiliated with WG (a volunteer moderator on the WoWs Discord) actually took the claims seriously and investigated themselves. That’s not how the system is supposed to work.

This. Time and time again, players find errors in mechanics, and get the Rainmaker "Stupid Letter" until someone with a prominent profile actually wakes them up and gets them to acknowledge "yeah, well, uh" before fixing it a patch or more later. Sometimes, they dont even fix it, they just leave it as a "feature", and in others they apparently cant fix it, and add some jury-rigged mechanic to keep it tamped down (eg nerfing elevation speed to stop the railgun bug). 

1 hour ago, pew_pew_magoo said:

Sounds like it was just a bug that WG didn’t know about. This is just my take on what you guys have said, but seems to me like players are making mountains out of mole hills.  Now I am pretty new, but it comes off as pretty laughable.  

If this is the attitude prevailing, there is no reason to provide feedback to WG about anything.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2023 at 10:35 PM, Nevermore135 said:

Thankfully it looks like WG’s fix for this is to (eventually) revert Lightning and Wakeful HE shells back to their original, intended ballistics.

Despite nothing has been mentioned in official patch notes or the list of changes and improvements posted in Player Support portal, the problem appears to be fixed by Patch 12.8.

Lightning (that I haven't researched yet) and Wakeful (that I haven't actually tested)'s HE shells are shown in port with correct parameters of 774m/s MV and 9% fire-setting chance. Stord's HE shell is renamed as generic "120-mm HE", perhaps as a part of the fix. Third-party site indicates that their ballistic parameters have been restored.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Despite nothing has been mentioned in official patch notes or the list of changes and improvements posted in Player Support portal, the problem appears to be fixed by Patch 12.8.

Lightning (that I haven't researched yet) and Wakeful (that I haven't actually tested)'s HE shells are shown in port with correct parameters of 774m/s MV and 9% fire-setting chance. Stord's HE shell is renamed as generic "120-mm HE", perhaps as a part of the fix. Third-party site indicates that their ballistic parameters have been restored.

Typical WG.

Also a reminder that, yet again, this is proof that the devblog does NOT contain a full and complete list of changes to the game.

Caveat Emptor.