Ships from crates. I think its a conspiracy against me personally lol.

mashed68

I've been playing around 3yrs now. 1yr Asian server, last 2 on NA. In those years, I've gotten 5 ships from crates: Krasny Krym, Novorossiysk, Lenin, Ochakov and finally, finally for F's sake, Weimar.  

I can't wrap my head around 4 of these things being soviet. Why? Because I refuse to play soviet ships. Its like WG knows I want nothing what so ever to do with them, and so that's about all I get. I don't even look forward to winning ships anymore. But I did get Weimar recently, and its gang busters good. Which is weird because I suck at light cruisers normally lol. 

• Bored 1

Have you gotten Ships in crates or any ships in the past? Did you hold on to them? or sell them?

One thing many of us have learned, is to never sell a Premium ship received in a drop. Reason being, if you already have the ship, you can't get it again, improving your chance at another ship.

Another thing we learned from previous Santa crate events, is that usually the low tier ships drop first, and then work their way up.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

I've been playing around 3yrs now. 1yr Asian server, last 2 on NA. In those years, I've gotten 5 ships from crates: Krasny Krym, Novorossiysk, Lenin, Ochakov and finally, finally for F's sake, Weimar.  

I can't wrap my head around 4 of these things being soviet. Why? Because I refuse to play soviet ships. Its like WG knows I want nothing what so ever to do with them, and so that's about all I get. I don't even look forward to winning ships anymore. But I did get Weimar recently, and its gang busters good. Which is weird because I suck at light cruisers normally lol. 

You can gift me the Lenin that dropped for you. 😁

• Haha 1

You have no right to complain.  I wound up with California, Weimar and Leningrad.  I wonder if Weimar is this year's Makarov.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mashed68 said:

I've been playing for 5 years, I got Genova, Abruzzi, Russian Omaha, Krasny and Dalian. It's not much I also think I'm a bit unlucky lol.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I've been playing for 5 years, I got Genova, Abruzzi, Russian Omaha, Krasny and Dalian. It's not much I also think I'm a bit unlucky lol.

If you mean the Murmansk I got that and I've had some good games with it, it's a decent ship. Got the Abruzzi from a SC and that's decent too, I have  that samsonite, samsung, samsonetti or whatever his name is on it and I like it/

Gosh, many of us have been on our host's crap list to years and years.

Yes, we do see some "coincidences" that make you go "Hmmmmm?" 

Like spawning at the same, worst place possible on every COOP map, no matter the ship choice......  That recently changed when the Holiday events started....

Is it Tin Foil hat time, no.  Look at it this way:  if our host doesn't have the staff to "fix" anything but glaring errors, do you really think they'd program in "negative karma" because some CM doesn't like you?  They can't even fix the simplest of bugs.....let alone manage intentional anti-customer actions.... No way.

It's just sometimes the odds are with you and sometimes against you.....   That's all.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, LTC_Tiger said:

You have no right to complain.  I wound up with California, Weimar and Leningrad.  I wonder if Weimar is this year's Makarov.

Why? You got 2 ships I'd love to have and 1 I wouldn't play. Thats 100% more ships I'd be willing to play then I've received....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

......I refuse to play soviet ships. Its like WG knows I want nothing what so ever to do with them, and so that's about all I get. I

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

Well..... I dont play Cv's and I;ve got last year a Kaga B. Otherwise this year was kinda nice, at least on EU. I've got Cossack and Tirpitz from Sc's. Also got Tokachi and Mackarrow from the current crates. So far...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LTC_Tiger said:

I wonder if Weimar is this year's Makarov.

Weimar is a good ship, though, much better than Makarov (or Leipzig). 

1 hour ago, majmac said:

You can gift me the Lenin that dropped for you. 😁

I was just talking about this with my friend. Accounts not transferring between servers is one thing, but why the hell can't we trade premiums with other people on the same server? I'd trade all my soviets for a single ship I'd actually play. I'd love a Warspite, West Virginia [either year], maybe a tirpitz. Lots of good boats out there. Or maybe sell the premiums for doubloons. Obviously not full pay back but economy like tech tree ships credits. 

Edited by mashed68

or a trading house where you pay like 10 20 percent in cash, honestly the trouble is if people can trade or sell ships then they are not buying ships and giving the company money

the trouble is gamers want to pay as little as possible and companies want to charge as much as possible, if the company had its way 10 percent of the game would be free and 90 percent in the store for real money, and gamers would have it all free and either all unlocked or unlockable through game play

Edited by kriegerfaust

59 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

53EB5C0D-3B99-4A7E-8E10-0AD06C0F515D.gif

Well..... I dont play Cv's and I;ve got last year a Kaga B. Otherwise this year was kinda nice, at least on EU. I've got Cossack and Tirpitz from Sc's. Also got Tokachi and Mackarrow from the current crates. So far...

I'd be more than happy to take any premium CV from anyone....but that's not how WG makes money.

🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mashed68 said:

.....but why the hell can't we trade premiums with other people on the same server?

If you can trade premiums with other people, then you can satisfy your thirst for certain ships without paying real money to WG. Better for you to have lots of port queens so that you have the incentive to pay WG money for ships that you desire.

1 hour ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I'd be more than happy to take any premium CV from anyone....but that's not how WG makes money.

🙂

How much money do you think they make from Malta, Immelmann and FDR?

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

How much money do you think they make from Malta, Immelmann and FDR?

A significant amount, since premium time gives faster access to coal...and steel is gained faster with purchases during specific events.

Just because something can be earned through grind doesn't mean people won't and don't pay to shorten that grind.

I am willing to bet most people who have those ships aren't free2play.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark

3 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Oh believe me, I already tried . Almost immediately wrote to CS pointing out that is preeetty much wasted on me

rofl.gif