Humor - New Lego set for the IT geeks

Tpaktop2_1 NA

My wife sent this one to me because this is what I do as a profession. What is funny is that I am running into problems now where 20 year old LAN cables are going bad due to gravity on the connectors. LAN cables do go bad due to age.

411191558_10159427544810025_6567551787798333936_n.jpg

• Haha 6

One morning, our internet went off and stayed off. That afternoon, I happened to see the head phone company technician, whom I knew fairly well, drive by so I waved him down to ask him what the problem was. He told me the internet would be back up shortly. Seems that one of his new technicians had been sent out to install a dedicated server for a local company's new office building. However, while doing that, he noticed the rack was full of old servers that he figured wouldn't be needed anymore so he just threw them away. Of course, the old servers were what supplied internet to the rest of the town. Fortunately, it wasn't trash day so they were able to go out and get them from the dumpster and re-install them that day, otherwise our internet would have been out for a week. That's more than a little bit of a hassle because our TV is all streaming now and when the internet is out the card reader at the register of the only store left in town also is down so we are back to a cash-only economy.

• Like 4