When you start to feel "the heat", what online game do you switch to to "cool off"?

Volron

I am starting to feel a bit toasted in WoWs, what with all the event things going on at the same time.  I've managed Stord 43 by using 5k dubs (3k "free", 2k bought), which other than the DY means I'm done with everything....finally.

For me I went to War Thunder, been grinding through my bombers in ARB.  Honestly surprised how chill it has been, definitely not what I've seen in vids and heard about in Randoms in WoWs.  Don't get me wrong, I know for a fact that folk can get super salty in WT, I've seen it more than a few times especially in Arcade Battles (where I see it a ton).  Most of it is about someone in a Prem vehicle merk'in the salty guy though.  haha

Here is an awesome thing that happened to me just now; came out of a match where 2 reds formed up with my bomber and we shot the spit till mission timer ran out.  Had chatted with one at the beginning of the battle, but after the reds merk'd my team, he asked if he could form up with me.  We got into formation for a bit till another red showed up and joined us.  Did benefit the reds that needed to ground pound, since that can be a PITA to do.  I know that pain all too well.  Smile_hiding.gif.cdf76a0f483ae27a64003ea79a3bf5ec.gif    But it was awesome to chat like that for a bit.  Air Realistic is definitely a different animal compared to Air Arcade, that is for sure.

The other thing is that it is a huge change of pace.  Bombers have a "chill" way of doing things, unless you go ham into the battle (a viable option).  More often than not, there will be someone flying intercept so it's not always going to be chill, but this fine with me.  Either I get them, or they get me (or we get each other), but good none-the-less.

So what online game do you turn to to "cool off" from WoWs?

• Like 3

None, this is the only game I play. I never "feel the heat" from this game. If I get bored I go do real life activities. Woodworking, cooking, fishing, spending time with the wife. Plus I still work, at 71, 30 hours a week to stay in shape.

• Like 4

Sometimes, it can be WoT, typically it would be GTA Online, though. I so time deficient generally that I barely have time for more than one game/few battles daily. Periodically, I might focus on something else, could be an online game like SWTOR, or some single player game as well.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Gillhunter said:

None, this is the only game I play. I never "feel the heat" from this game. If I get bored I go do real life activities. Woodworking, cooking, fishing, spending time with the wife. Plus I still work, at 71, 30 hours a week to stay in shape.

For me "feel the heat" is "feels like work".  When it starts to feel like work, it is time for a change of pace.  They have been hammering us with event after event after event, some overlapping each other which actually is a plus since you can work each at the same time, usually this is not the case.  While I am damn grateful they have allowed Co-Op, Operations, and to a lesser extent Asymmetrical Battles to count towards their completion, it still gets a bit rough.

Since I was getting into an aerial mood anyways, WT was one game that came to mind.  Truthfully, Aces High came to mind first but I can't do a subscription based game right now even if it is a dirt cheap subscription.  I may have the dosh to pay for this month, but may very well not next month.  RL has a nasty habit of punching you in the potatoes every now and again after all.

Despite all this I am still a WoWs Main, so I won't leave.  While WeeGee keeps doing asinine things, the core game itself is still quite enjoyable.  If it were not, I'd have left ages ago. Smile_Default.gif.d8b2e8b4baf80f0d585be14bcc446355.gif

@Wolfswetpaws@Admiral_Karasu

Offline games I have been dabbling in are; Cepheus Protocol, Sentry, Castle of Alchemists, Wall World and BeamNG.  I'm fairly active in the CP Discord server but do stalk Sentry's and CoA's servers.  I should get on Beam's discord too now that I think about it. Smile_veryhappy.gif.0e8d9f242866cb0a7c73df1b523dbc30.gif

Edited by Volron
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Volron said:

For me "feel the heat" is "feels like work".  When it starts to feel like work, it is time for a change of pace.  They have been hammering us with event after event after event, some overlapping each other which actually is a plus since you can work each at the same time, usually this is not the case.  While I am damn grateful they have allowed Co-Op, Operations, and to a lesser extent Asymmetrical Battles to count towards their completion, it still gets a bit rough.

Since I was getting into an aerial mood anyways, WT was one game that came to mind.  Truthfully, Aces High came to mind first but I can't do a subscription based game right now even if it is a dirt cheap subscription.  I may have the dosh to pay for this month, but may very well not next month.  RL has a nasty habit of punching you in the potatoes every now and again after all.

Despite all this I am still a WoWs Main, so I won't leave.  While WeeGee keeps doing asinine things, the core game itself is still quite enjoyable.  If it were not, I'd have left ages ago. Smile_Default.gif.d8b2e8b4baf80f0d585be14bcc446355.gif

@Wolfswetpaws@Admiral_Karasu

Offline games I have been dabbling in are; Cepheus Protocol, Sentry, Castle of Alchemists, Wall World and BeamNG.  I'm fairly active in the CP Discord server but do stalk Sentry's and CoA's servers.  I should get on Beam's discord too now that I think about it. Smile_veryhappy.gif.0e8d9f242866cb0a7c73df1b523dbc30.gif

I agree that when it feels like work it’s time for a break. I stopped trying to complete events a long time ago. Same as you, I’m still a WoWs main despite the stupidity. 

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Now there's a name I've not heard in a LONG time.

Ell, I still have a copy on my 386SX server pc, that still works. Smile_playing.gif.a6c958c121c06bdb09497f61b74f9620.gif

@Wolfswetpaws

I remember a fancier looking variant of EGA Trek.  I cannot remember what it was called specifically, but it had better graphics.  Pretty sure it was a 486 game though, since the School PC that we had in high school were 486's.  Do you happen to remember what that one was called?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

25 minutes ago, Volron said:

@Wolfswetpaws

I remember a fancier looking variant of EGA Trek.  I cannot remember what it was called specifically, but it had better graphics.  Pretty sure it was a 486 game though, since the School PC that we had in high school were 486's.  Do you happen to remember what that one was called?

Not the one I linked?

• Like 2

I play a game called Factorio its fun and I also have it on the Nintendo Switch lite and I can share maps between the PC and Switch but the Switch version does not support mods as of yet. It can be relaxing or taxing depending on what I am doing in the Factory I made.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Not the one I linked?

No.  That is OG Trek.  The one I am trying to convey had better graphic's but fairly similar play.  It was run on either a 486 or 586 machine as I am certain it was 32bit graphics.

6 hours ago, MysticalWar said:

I play a game called Factorio its fun and I also have it on the Nintendo Switch lite and I can share maps between the PC and Switch but the Switch version does not support mods as of yet. It can be relaxing or taxing depending on what I am doing in the Factory I made.

It's great they were able to give it Multiplayer.  Friend and I gave it a go, but it became too much for him to handle the logistics.  Smile_veryhappy.gif.0e8d9f242866cb0a7c73df1b523dbc30.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Volron said:

No.  That is OG Trek.  The one I am trying to convey had better graphic's but fairly similar play.  It was run on either a 486 or 586 machine as I am certain it was 32bit graphics.

🤔  
When you figure out the answer, I'd be curious to learn it, too.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

16 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

🤔  
When you figure out the answer, I'd be curious to learn it, too.

Well so far my Google-Fu has proven weak.  At this point I'd accomplish more as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest...Smile_hiding.gif.cdf76a0f483ae27a64003ea79a3bf5ec.gif

The Fallout series (Fallout 3 or 4 or 5, when ever that comes out...)

Sometimes Mechwarrior Online or one of the Mechwarrior FPS game previous to that.

or, if I am really deflated, Bioshock 1 and/or 2.

• Like 3

WoWs is my go-to game.  But, as the topic states, to cool off, I try to play:

The Hunter - Call of the Wild - Just plain fun and relaxing.  Maps/locations are beautiful.

Transport Fever 2 - After blowing things up, a nice change of pace to build from the ground up.

More recently, Star Citizen - Talk about a learning curve; this game has it.  I usually just ride along to view the stars, planets, and spacecraft.  It is really something to see.

• Like 2