New Audio changes - The "world class developer" improving the game.... again.. :)

Andrewbassg

Nuff said...

Edited by EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico
Clarified context in the title through moderation - EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico
  • Like 1

I noticed there was some article touting the merits of the 'audio rework'. Didn't bother to read the bloody thing, though, obviously.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Didn't bother to read the bloody thing, though, obviously.

Obviously.

This does explain why my game's been sounding funny - I thought I'd broken something, but was far too lazy to work out what...

I'll just re-quote what I told Flamu:

The game sounds like someone farting through a bass boosted tuba or fireworks recorded on a toilet.

• Haha 1

Oddly, on this 12.7. PTS video Mountbatten seems to have been very excited about the audio changes. What gives, I wonder.

https://youtu.be/lPA4i79Jnpw?t=701

BTW, I'm not sure if I hear the same sounds because I use the 'old sounds' mod myself, unless the change also affects something that changes how the mod sounds as well.

I had the gun shooting sounds that sound like is was me shooting or near me shooting but was a ship on other side of the map shooting. Working as intended™

I like the 'far away' sounds. It feels like I am in the middle of a battlefield. Distant explosions are clear.

But I do not like what they did to the other sound effects. For example, the sound of secondary guns are weaker compared to the previous version.

The sound is a mess right now and I hope it gets some serious attention soon.

There are definitely some good ideas happening, like the distant explosions mentioned, but the balancing of effects default is downright terrible at present.

And yes, certain camos like that waterworld one (maybe others, but I don't know) render their sound wrong and everyone who has the ship visible hears said ship firing main guns as is the ship was right on top of them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aragathor said:

I'll just re-quote what I told Flamu:

The game sounds like someone farting through a bass boosted tuba or fireworks recorded on a toilet.

Well if you loved that, you are going to love this!

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, wade_gaskins said:

I had the gun shooting sounds that sound like is was me shooting or near me shooting but was a ship on other side of the map shooting. Working as intended™

Dang, I thought I was losing my mind.  Couldn't not for the life of me figure out what ship was firing "Shikishima" sounding main batteries. 

I always wonder, what the testing strategy is being used for something that the issue is discovered almost immediately as released. 

image.thumb.png.52c49302b63fbab94470e0c7ba7468ae.png

• EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico changed the title to New Audio changes - The "world class developer" improving the game.... again.. :)

It might be that my mod-pack update installed the old sound effects automatically. I really don't remember setting anything like that up. Because I really didn't notice a difference. Might also be me never really paying much attention to the in-game sounds. I really can't tell.

• Thanks 1

And the "Awaiting instructions!" shouted right in your ear as soon as the ASW is ready is quite annoying.

I liked the old sounds just fine.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico said:

It might be that my mod-pack update installed the old sound effects automatically. I really don't remember setting anything like that up. Because I really didn't notice a difference. Might also be me never really paying much attention to the in-game sounds. I really can't tell.

Thnx fro the corrected title 🙂

• Like 1

I mean *some* of the sounds are nice. Like the sound of guns firing in the near distance is a nice addition. Nice and deep base. The sound of waves crashing over your deck is nice.

They utterly screwed up the sound effects for AA fire and for shells hitting your ship however.

On 8/23/2023 at 2:33 PM, Frostbow said:

I like the 'far away' sounds. It feels like I am in the middle of a battlefield. Distant explosions are clear.

But I do not like what they did to the other sound effects. For example, the sound of secondary guns are weaker compared to the previous version.

A thousand times this.  Far away sounds are very realistic but they ruined the secondary guns sound (not that it sounded better in the past). At least the AA guns are "Decent" but not by much. It just, the entire thing sounds like it came from a very bad, cheap speaker that's on the verge of suffering a catastrophic explosion.

On 8/23/2023 at 6:40 PM, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

And the "Awaiting instructions!" shouted right in your ear as soon as the ASW is ready is quite annoying.

I liked the old sounds just fine.

Oh god that is the one that gets me. There is no way to turn the captain down to a comfortable volume for it without losing every other line they speak. So I suffer through painful shouting at the start of the match.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Darlith said:

Oh god that is the one that gets me. There is no way to turn the captain down to a comfortable volume for it without losing every other line they speak. So I suffer through painful shouting at the start of the match.

Not to mention the bug right now for the "Master of the Water World" camos for DDs that causes you to hear their gunfire as if it was right in your ear no matter where they are on the map or what team they are on.

7 hours ago, Sidelock said:

....secondary guns sound....

Actually...there is a secondary guns sound mod 🙂 It is included in Aslains...

secguns.thumb.png.83af825d0b97f52a36d0a76f24fdd42f.png

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 1