What should this be called?

Aethervox

I ask you. A ROFLSTOMP, certainly. A JOKE? This is my personal opinion. Here is the 'battle' (if you can call it that) in question ... 

I went in the correct direction (after some indecision) then I change fire to AP & think I'm doing the smart targeting. You tell me if I was wrong. I citadel some UK BB but somehow then miss two forward tier AP volleys which should have deleted said enemy UK BB. Due to the infamous WG targeting cheat, I cannot.

End result is a one sided wipe ROFLSTOMP yet I'm indicated as top T7 to begin the battle & do barely anything in comparison to others on my team. 

All I see is another of most all WoWS  joke results. Why even think WR is accurate when the game CHEATS so badly, at least, 80%, imo, of the time.

20231216_184314_PGSB107-Gneisenau_55_Seychelles.wowsreplay

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Bored 1

Weekend?

Well, I'm not a WoWS expert, but you play this very much like I tend to play, so perhaps it's not a surprise if you get very similar results to what I would be getting. Most of the time I place fairly similarly on the results too, very rarely would I top them on a BB (sometimes on DD), unless I'm on the losing team when I turn out to be the best of the not-so-best.

I noticed you like to use the rear turret for opportunistic fire. I sometimes switch targets too, typically when I'm executing a turn as the guns tend to follow the ship. In the case of the KGV, though, I would have probably focused on that more, but then again I would also have tried to bring all my turrets to bear on my focused target to maximize fire power. Not saying I would have fared any better, might even have done worse.

• Like 3

"In Szczebrzeszyn cane beetle sounds.  Cousin Jan Henryk has his own mazurka.  My hovercraft is full of eels."

whut.jpeg.0c7bb09e8a38323f217dcef84f070450.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

If you're confused, that is Admiral_Karasu's signature, translated.  And as you can see, I too am confused.

[On the old forum I didn't have sigs enabled.  Too many were too large and busy.  These are small enough to be interesting / confusing without being obtrusive.]

Edited by iDuckman

12 hours ago, Aethervox said:

. I citadel some UK BB but somehow then miss two forward tier AP volleys which should have deleted said enemy UK BB.

What should this be called?

... Just another day in Gneisenau. 

• Haha 1

If you constantly and exclusively blame external factors for your losses... 

the infamous WG targeting cheat

the game CHEATS so badly, at least, 80%, imo, of the time.

...you will never allow yourself to improve.

I know who's to blame for my mediocre Randoms winrate. I see him every time I shave.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

15 hours ago, Aethervox said:

All I see is another of most all WoWS  joke results. Why even think WR is accurate when the game CHEATS so badly, at least, 80%, imo, of the time

You do not play very effectively and have little battle impact. That’s why you have a poor win rate. We all get the same teams and RNG. Good players will carry tier teams to wins and poor players will blame everything else but themselves.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bored 1

8 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

You do not play very effectively and have little battle impact. That’s why you have a poor win rate. We all get the same teams and RNG. Good players will carry tier teams to wins and poor players will blame everything else but themselves.  

with the amount of other people on your team, you playing effectively the outcome is STILL heavily dependent on the rest of the team, likewise the tiers you play also can heavily influence win rate, the same goes for things like how often you division with a common group and thus skew your chance to win by stacking your odds of a better team, to the point win rate taken out of context is yet another meaningless stat.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, iDuckman said:

If you're confused, that is Admiral_Karasu's signature, translated.  And as you can see, I too am confused.

I can help you out with the last bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, b101uk said:

with the amount of other people on your team, you playing effectively the outcome is STILL heavily dependent on the rest of the team, likewise the tiers you play also can heavily influence win rate, the same goes for things like how often you division with a common group and thus skew your chance to win by stacking your odds of a better team, to the point win rate taken out of context is yet another meaningless stat.

You’re just wrong. WE ALL GET THE SAME TEAMS!  I hardly ever Div and only play T8-10. I win by doing pretty damn in whatever ship I’m playing. I understand the mechanics of the game and play what ship I’m in to its strengths. I still do dumb crap on the regular and get sunk, but more often than not my team wins because I’m doing my job well. When 2 or 3 players on a team do that, they are going to win more often than not. Quit blaming being bad on other things than yourself.  

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

You’re just wrong. WE ALL GET THE SAME TEAMS!

If we all get the same teams (and statistically we do), then YOU are the variable. 

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, Aethervox said:

somehow then miss two forward tier AP volleys which should have deleted said enemy UK BB

I grabbed screenshots of the three volleys that should have been 'killshots' on the UK BB and weren't. Though RNG may have played a minor role, by far the bigger factor here is aim. 

1st volley: The target is turning away from you, and you're aiming too low and too far ahead. The likelihood that this achieves a citadel hit is very low.

image.thumb.png.35dfbd61e088f44284addf8312589800.png

2nd volley: over-leading, aiming for upper belt, unlikely to kill target.

image.png.8091b50dc992f722bcbedd37b3d012ca.png

3rd volley: over-leading, it's a coinflip if the 4 shells will hit the nose and get the kill. 

image.png.c7703bd75aae0c0a825e34fedd336891.png

The Gneisenau has a bad reputation for accuracy (mostly due to a lot of people run secondary range mod instead of aiming systems) but if you consistently aim center mass with AP, she can do reliable damage. The three supposed "killshots" that went awry could each have been aimed better to achieve more consistent results independently of RNG. 

As much as folks would like to believe that there is some sort of "targeting cheat," the reality is that good aim takes a lot of practice and even small imprecisions from the player can have a large effect on the outcome. I hope that helps. o7

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 12/16/2023 at 10:25 PM, Aethervox said:

I ask you. A ROFLSTOMP, certainly. A JOKE? This is my personal opinion. Here is the 'battle' (if you can call it that) in question ... 

I went in the correct direction (after some indecision) then I change fire to AP & think I'm doing the smart targeting. You tell me if I was wrong. I citadel some UK BB but somehow then miss two forward tier AP volleys which should have deleted said enemy UK BB. Due to the infamous WG targeting cheat, I cannot.

End result is a one sided wipe ROFLSTOMP yet I'm indicated as top T7 to begin the battle & do barely anything in comparison to others on my team. 

All I see is another of most all WoWS  joke results. Why even think WR is accurate when the game CHEATS so badly, at least, 80%, imo, of the time.

20231216_184314_PGSB107-Gneisenau_55_Seychelles.wowsreplay 1.67 MB · 16 downloads

It's not the game that's the problem, I'm going to be honest. It's you. Your aim needs improvement and even then the ship you're playing doesn't help. If I were you I wouldn't blame the game too much, you have lots of room to improve and if you actually want to get better and improve then it won't be a quick or easy thing to do. You'll need to put time and effort in to actually improve yourself.

- BOOBTHEBALL

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 10:38 AM, Ensign Cthulhu said:

If you constantly and exclusively blame external factors for your losses... 

...you will never allow yourself to improve.

I know who's to blame for my mediocre Randoms winrate. I see him every time I shave.

They have the same problem, always blame everyone besides themselves and never realize they are actually the problem.

• Like 1

On 12/17/2023 at 2:45 PM, b101uk said:

It's only to some extent. You can still quite easily manage to pull a win out of the bag. Blaming your team only gets you so far and one of the many constants with people who never blame themselves is how their stats look.

On 12/17/2023 at 7:06 PM, iDuckman said:

If we all get the same teams (and statistically we do), then YOU are the variable. 

So true