A Commonwealth Cruiser tech tree line

Aethervox

Yay! Soon (WG 'TM'). I sure hope WG allows a choice in what naval ensign and/or national flags these Commonwealth Cruisers will be allowed to fly.

Perhaps, give some mission(s) to earn a second flag slot. Although, barely anyone these days plays in the low tiers - there are, often, quite unique ships there.

If you mean hoisting a ships' own national flags, I think Pan-euro and Pan-asian ships can certainly fly their own flags instead of the generic pan euro/pan asia flag. So Commonwealth ship can also get this treatment. 

Edited by GMMF
  • Like 2

Commonwealth ships already have the option of using the Commonwealth flag or a national flag. The national flags are different, although I can't say if they are accurate. Also, there was a mission some time ago that gave Commonwealth ships the ability to mount two more optional flags. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

Commonwealth ships already have the option of using the Commonwealth flag or a national flag. The national flags are different, although I can't say if they are accurate. Also, there was a mission some time ago that gave Commonwealth ships the ability to mount two more optional flags. 

They are accurate in that they are, other than India, the White Ensign of the Royal Navy, which is what the Commonwealth navies used during the time covered by WoWS.  India uses its correct, modified, White Ensign.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

They are accurate in that they are, other than India, the White Ensign of the Royal Navy, which is what the Commonwealth navies used during the time covered by WoWS.  India uses its correct, modified, White Ensign.

I've always wondered about the accuracy of the various national flags that appear inn the game. Thanks!

2 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

I've always wondered about the accuracy of the various national flags that appear inn the game. Thanks!

India's naval ensign has a complicated history due to India's complicated feelings about the colonial era.  After attempting to replace the post establishment of the Indian republic's St George's cross with the Indian flag in the upper left quadrant with ensigns of domestic origin in the 1970s India returned to the St George's cross with the Indian flag in the upper left quadrant in the 2000s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_Naval_Ensign

• Like 1