A Christmas Miracle

XVirtusX

So, I gambled more than I should and ended up buying 120 Mega Santa Crates. The results were pretty "meh". I mean, I got some interesting ships like Huron, Tokachi and Toulon. But my highest tier was Sun Yet-Tsen tier 9 and considered pretty meh. Wouldn't hurt to get a Haida, Belfast, Nelson... but it is what it is.

So, today I bought with the rest of my certificates and some other certificates I gained on shipyard I ended up with 8 Medium Santa boxes. And then the miracle happened:

Capture.thumb.PNG.1939d7024b1659453de818334b32b9b9.PNG

Man, I can't believe. Smaland was my most wanted ship :)) And I was also expecting to get WV '44 out of these 120 boxes and now it is the cherry on top!

• Like 11

Well, lucky for you OP (I guess). Me, I can no longer give* WG money considering what they've done to WoWS ever since the great CV rewreck.

* if WG offered a dedicated clan flag slot, I'd buy 'that' (but they missed that ship sailing a long time ago).

1 minute ago, Aethervox said:

Well, lucky for you OP (I guess). Me, I can no longer give* WG money considering what they've done to WoWS ever since the great CV rewreck.

* if WG offered a dedicated clan flag slot, I'd buy 'that' (but they missed that ship sailing a long time ago).

Well, I think it is interesting that now WG is taking new approaches about CVs and Subs after a long time complaining of the player base. Shotgunning is a ridiculous lame thing. Same thing for the CVs spotting all the time, takes huge part of the fun away.

I think that these boxes helps me a lot with all the resources and blue economic bonuses. Also it is an opportunity to have some nice new interesting ships in your port.

Rare ships are very hard to get out of Santa crates as the odds are stacked against you.  Now, if you have every non-rare ship on the list it is easy as the 16% chance all goes to the rare category.

That said, congrats on the Smaland.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

Sun-Yet Sen is not meh, it's one of the best T9. Maybe a little worse than Musashi, but not by much

Really? Well, I didnt play it yet but I remember of people complaining about it. 

6 hours ago, XVirtusX said:

So, I gambled more than I should and ended up buying 120 Mega Santa Crates. The results were pretty "meh". I mean, I got some interesting ships like Huron, Tokachi and Toulon. But my highest tier was Sun Yet-Tsen tier 9 and considered pretty meh. Wouldn't hurt to get a Haida, Belfast, Nelson... but it is what it is.

So, today I bought with the rest of my certificates and some other certificates I gained on shipyard I ended up with 8 Medium Santa boxes. And then the miracle happened:

Man, I can't believe. Smaland was my most wanted ship :)) And I was also expecting to get WV '44 out of these 120 boxes and now it is the cherry on top!

Holy moly, nice one! Smaland is without a doubt one of, if not the best tier 10 DD in-game at the moment. She is absolute insane and I hope you enjoy using and abusing her tight playstyle to the hardest extent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Holy moly, nice one! Smaland is without a doubt one of, if not the best tier 10 DD in-game at the moment. She is absolute insane and I hope you enjoy using and abusing her tight playstyle to the hardest extent.

Grats, I'm sure. Sure, abuse it - it's what the clever players do with any OP stuff WG offers. I'm not willing, myself, anymore, to financially support WG. I think Viktor Kisilyi has stolen enough money already.

Hi all,

14 hours ago, XVirtusX said:

The MEGA has "Guaranteed Drop" mechanics (i..e "Pity / Mercy Rule") set to 15 crates - so with 120 bought crates you should have gotten 8 ships at least...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

The MEGA has "Guaranteed Drop" mechanics (i..e "Pity / Mercy Rule") set to 15 crates - so with 120 bought crates you should have gotten 8 ships at least...

Leo "Apollo11"

Yeah, I got lot of 5-7 ships. Only 2 tier 8 and 1 tier 9. THe last 40 only gave 3 ships which was really low average.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, XVirtusX said:

THe last 40 only gave 3 ships which was really low average.

I ended up getting 120 megas between the certificates and doubloons purchased with my Birthday coupon. The first 60 containers had high drops of both ships, an average of 6 ships/20 container, and doubloons, 2 drops/20 container. The last 60, I averaged 2 ships/20 containers and only 1 drop of 2500 doubloons for the last 60 containers. All in all, I got 28 ships this year from all the various Santa containers. I already had all ships up to Tier 7 and many tier 8 so my drops had several rare ships including the Kamikaze twins, Benham and Gremaschy.

Edited by Jagerbomb_2021
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

Sun-Yet Sen is not meh, it's one of the best T9. Maybe a little worse than Musashi, but not by much

They didn't bother checking the stat of the ship. It has Soviet BB armor with very accurate 457mm guns. 

19 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

They didn't bother checking the stat of the ship. It has Soviet BB armor with very accurate 457mm guns. 

No it's really mid, not worth the doubs tbh.

18 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

Lol no

2 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Lol no

It's great for player that can can aim. Basically a much better Georgia

Edited by HogHammer
Language edit

10 minutes ago, ReDiR20 said:

I'm unicum btw

Is that treatable?  Is it painful?   @Ensign Cthulhu do you happen to know the ICD-11 code for "unicum?"

What pronoun does that require?  Is that like being a "furrey?" or that "cosplay" thingy??

Gosh, I'm so old that all of these:  "I am [fill in the blank] are so hard to keep up with....

** think humor and I'm not being serious........**

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, ReDiR20 said:

It has Soviet BB armor

My experience of this, at the giving and receiving end, equates this to having a glass jaw for anything it shows side to. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Asym said:

do you happen to know the ICD-11 code for "unicum?"

666.13; a condition of insufferable superiority, made worse by the fact that the sufferer is almost invariably actually as good as they say they are.  🧐

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

My experience of this, at the giving and receiving end, equates this to having a glass jaw for anything it shows side to. 

Thank you, Soyuz hull is very overrated imo. It can have it's moments but I didn't enjoy my time playing it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

666.13; a condition of insufferable superiority, made worse by the fact that the sufferer is almost invariably actually as good as they say they are.  🧐

Holy crap, is it contagious????  11.F60.30 was the first to come to mind but,

Edited by Asym

On 12/17/2023 at 12:08 PM, XVirtusX said:

Yeah, I got lot of 5-7 ships. Only 2 tier 8 and 1 tier 9. THe last 40 only gave 3 ships which was really low average.

This is the problem with WG, the loot boxes and them flooding the game with low tier BS meeh premiums. You could probably buy 300 MEGA boxes and still not get one of the ships you really like to get, ships like Benham, Småland, Smolensk, Musashi etc etc, because there is so many meeh premiums that they will fill those boxes with first. And we all remember the old rigged Makarov season. I got the T8 Fen Yang in a free Mega box, but I already own Lo Yang, Kidd, Cossack, Asashio at T8 so I will never even come close to playing that ship.

19 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

This is the problem with WG, the loot boxes and them flooding the game with low tier BS meeh premiums. You could probably buy 300 MEGA boxes and still not get one of the ships you really like to get, ships like Benham, Småland, Smolensk, Musashi etc etc, because there is so many meeh premiums that they will fill those boxes with first. And we all remember the old rigged Makarov season. I got the T8 Fen Yang in a free Mega box, but I already own Lo Yang, Kidd, Cossack, Asashio at T8 so I will never even come close to playing that ship.

That's more of a veteran player issue, though.