Do you guys spend the "Festive Certificates" immediately when earned or you save them for some actual date (like XMax)?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

Do you guys spend the "Festive Certificates" immediately when earned or you save them for some actual date (like XMas)?

This year I will really wait for Christmas day... I have 87 Festive Certificates" accumulated and further few will still come from the "Holidays in Santa City"...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been spending mine immediately (in batches of five, for Mega containers). In the last two years I was spamming mega crates in the shop, so I wanted all possible "free" options done before I started rolling the dice on paid crates. Even though I'm not doing that this year, I automatically fell into the pattern of using the certificates at once.

Now that I have all the banned ships I always wanted, I don't need to buy Santa crates ever again and I decided to treat myself to something else this year: https://retrogames.biz/products/thec64/ 

• Like 2

I have spent all the Festive Certificates for mega santa crate.

I needed to farm dub for the starter package for dockyard, but now I am barely over 6000dub, but I simply feels it does not worth the effort to push myself to grind all the way through and save it for later use.

• Like 1

I’m not saving them.

If I were to save them for any specific date, Christmas/Christmas Eve wouldn’t be it. Much rather spend those times with family, a good Christmas Eve service, etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Spending them immediately (in groups of five for the megas) just like I did last year. To me, there’s no reason to save them, and since I also plan on using my bonus flakes to clear all my remaining ships once I have enough, I’d rather get any potential ship drops while I’m still building that up in case I get a ship I’d rather skip the flake on. 

• Like 1

Spend them as I earn them.  There's nothing else I want...or, need.  It's nice to see some good crates and, as some of have done over the years, we exchanged crates !  This was a record year for receiving ships from crates....  So, free is free and so far, a good year.

• Like 1

Pretty much spending as I go.  There is no reason to collect them beyond 5 at a time (I suppose you could save 20 and get a decorative flag.)

• Like 2

I don't seem to have that many to spend, but I will probably get a few mega crates later on.

• Like 1

I'm saving them.  We'll see how far along the grind I actually get.  I may need them.

BTW, this just occurred to me.  If I use Festive thingies to redeem T10s from battle, then they yield Festive thingies.  I can wipe out my whole batch of T10s without ever playing a battle.

• Like 1

I bought a 20 Mega pack with my birthday Doubloons.  I'm trying to open one per day until Christmas.  (No ships so far.)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I have been spending mine immediately (in batches of five, for Mega containers). In the last two years I was spamming mega crates in the shop, so I wanted all possible "free" options done before I started rolling the dice on paid crates. 

The Way