360 Days Premium Time Sale - Dec. 14-20 03:00 CET (Updated Dated)

yss_turtleship

So, Premium Time for 360 days is on sale currently. First, how long does this sale usually last? Second, I currently have 190 days of it and I've been busy so I haven't played much. This is undoubtedly the best deal WG offers for anything in the game. But if I already have enough for now and the amount of playtime I will have doesn't change, will it be a good use of the doubloons I plan on using to buy it? What say you good people of DevStrike!?

EDIT: It looks like the sale ends on Dec. 20th @ 04:00 AM EST.
Here is the time in Unix format 1703062800.

The annual sale usually lasts only a week or ten days.  It is a good deal, but only if you are a frequent player.  I have purchased the 360 day premium deal several times and am an active player.  I probably will not do so this year because I have 860 days left of premium and I am not sure I will still be an active player two years from now.  

Edited by PrairiePlayer
typo
  • Like 1

• yss_turtleship changed the title to 360 Days Premium Time Sale - Dec. 14-21
7 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

The annual sale usually lasts only a week or ten days.  It is a good deal, but only if you are a frequent player.  I have purchased the 360 day premium deal several times and am an active player.  I probably will not do so this year because I have 860 days left of premium and I am not sure I will still be an active player two years from now.  

trade some in for those 4 crates or a tier 6,7 ship..

Edited by Took

• yss_turtleship changed the title to 360 Days Premium Time Sale - Dec. 14-21 03:00 CET
8 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

I probably will not do so this year because I have 860 days left of premium and I am not sure I will still be an active player two years from now.  

What is a good amount of premium time to have in stock? Is having 180 days better if you aren't sure how long you will be active for?

17 minutes ago, yss_turtleship said:

What is a good amount of premium time to have in stock? Is having 180 days better if you aren't sure how long you will be active for?

I honestly cannot answer that as it would be a matter of personal preference.  Some players drift away from the game, but come back again.  

21 minutes ago, Took said:

trade some in for those 4 crates or a tier 6,7 ship..

The premium time is more valuable to me than crates or a new ship. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, yss_turtleship said:

What is a good amount of premium time to have in stock?

You can make a case for a year, as - historically - WG usually do a promotion like this annually; so, having twelve months tides you over until the next one.

This, naturally, assumes that you'll play enough that it justifies the outlay on a year's reduced premium time (as opposed to buying an occasional day here and there, if you only play on odd days here and there).

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Some players drift away from the game, but come back again.

That's me to a tee. Although I've played this game for six years, I'm usually far too busy in the summers to play much. Most of my game-play is during the winter months when, like today, it's snowing and 27 degrees outside and I've got nothing better to do.

Edited by Snargfargle

• yss_turtleship changed the title to 360 Days Premium Time Sale - Dec. 14-20 03:00 CET (Updated Dated)

Currently, in Armory the doubloon offer of 360 days for 12 000 doubloons is available on EU. No idea will they pull it overnight, there's no indication of any expiry time.

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Currently, in Armory the doubloon offer of 360 days for 12 000 doubloons is available on EU. No idea will they pull it overnight, there's no indication of any expiry time.

Link? 

I think it's pulled.   I would have considered another year....but not at normal rates.

WG's loss.

These guys really are terrible at marketing.  Maybe OK at whale psychology but they leave a tremendous amount of revenue on the table and alienate potential customers at the same time.

9 hours ago, YouSatInGum said:

Link? 

I think it's pulled.   I would have considered another year....but not at normal rates.

WG's loss.

These guys really are terrible at marketing.  Maybe OK at whale psychology but they leave a tremendous amount of revenue on the table and alienate potential customers at the same time.

8 hours ago, S7CentNickel said:

Yep, its gone!

Gone on EU as well. For some reason they left it up on EU for 24 hours longer, apparently.

Trying to use this for Kitakami, though, IMO an outrageously bad idea. I decided to take the offer, because I may once again try to farm some RP's next year, with the monthly x2 resets, using premium time to get more XP and credits, and to make some use of the Free XP I have since I no longer can use any of it for some new ship.

I took advantage of this sale because after I got the Kitikami I was left with about 2 months of premium time left.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Gone on EU as well. For some reason they left it up on EU for 24 hours longer, apparently.

I think the sale started a day earlier on NA (Wednesday) vs EU (Thursday), but I can’t confirm it because the news articles are now apparently missing. It looks like WG tied the sale to the patch cycle for some reason, running the second week of the update in each region.

• Like 1