What country do you want added as a faction - sub-faction?

kriegerfaust

Austro Hungarian, sadly it will never happen is because the country fell off the world stage after WW1 becoming grouped with Germany that is already in the game.  Most ships are drawn from WW2 and beyond given the disband for low level ships the country would suffer from either paper ship and or ships on loan from other countries.  That and the already gloat of other European nations means we may be at the limit for new nations/factions to be added to the game.  Many new lines are simply made of ships from other nations already, if only we could add smaller or older ships to the game and find a place for them.   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOyA3nFrfWtv34vCPjHwr

Edited by kriegerfaust
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Bored 1

24 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

Austro Hungarian, sadly it will never happen is because the country fell off the world stage after WW1 becoming grouped with Germany that is already in the game.

Austria-Hungary didn’t just “fall off the world stage,” it ceased to exist after WWI. We also have several Austro-Hungarian ships in the game, and all are included as part of the European “nation,” not Germany.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 6

Austria-Hungary didn’t just “fall off the world stage,” it ceased to exist after WWI. We also have several Austro-Hungarian ships in the game, and all are included as part of the European “nation,” not Germany.

I don't mean included in the game as part of Germany i mean in history Hitler just absorbed the country during WW2, and no it did not cease to exist it broke up into Austria and Hungry, 

and it is great for people t point out errors all while adding nothing original, yes i have done this myself but that does not make it any better, so thanks for seeing my own flaw in other in the future i will try not be like you or my lesser self.

Edited by kriegerfaust
  • Bored 1

36 minutes ago, kriegerfaust said:

I don't mean included in the game as part of Germany

From your initial wording we tend to consider you mean Austro-Hungarian ships are assigned to the Germany faction in game.

i mean in history Hitler just absorbed the country during WW2

How is the Anschluss related with adding lower-tier Austro-Hungarian ships?

and no it did not cease to exist it broke up into Austria and Hungry,

The united entity of a Habsburg Austro-Hungarian Empire/Dual Monarchy ceased to exist from Late Fall 1918 with the proclamation of independent Czech, South Slav and Hungarian entities, in other words, the Empire disintegrated. And it's more than the rump states of Austria and Hungary.

To be blunt, why am I explaining such elementary knowledge to you?

Edited by Project45_Opytny
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kriegerfaust said:

I don't mean included in the game as part of Germany i mean in history Hitler just absorbed the country during WW2, and no it did not cease to exist it broke up into Austria and Hungry, 

As has already been pointed out, the Austro-Hungarian Empire dissolved into several independent states at the end of WWI, none of which were a direct continuation of the old monarchy. Austria was an independent nation from Germany for the majority of the time period covered by WoWs, being annexed by Germany in 1938, nearly 20 years after the end of WWI, before becoming independent again afterwards.

and it is great for people t point out errors all while adding nothing original, yes i have done this myself but that does not make it any better

As written, your OP did not demonstrate an accurate understanding of the historical context surrounding the subject matter of your post.

, so thanks for seeing my own flaw in other in the future i will try not be like you or my lesser self.

My suggestion would be that if you do not want responses like my initial post in this thread, take more effort to present your ideas clearly and factually. This type of hyperbolic emotional response does you no favors.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

As a side note, we do have German ships which flew, on occasion, such as on fleet reviews the K.u.K. ensign. Prinz Eugen (1938) did so as well as having the bell of the Tegetthoff brought onboard (Wikipedia, German edition).

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinz_Eugen_(Schiff,_1938)

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prinz_Eugen_(Schiff,_1938)#/media/Datei:Austria-Hungary-flag-1869-1914-naval-1786-1869-merchant.svg

Well, what about an Egyptian Navy?  They seem to be in the cracks between the Commonwealth and European affiliations.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kriegerfaust said:

Austro Hungarian, sadly it will never happen is because the country fell off the world stage after WW1 becoming grouped with Germany that is already in the game.  Most ships are drawn from WW2 and beyond given the disband for low level ships the country would suffer from either paper ship and or ships on loan from other countries.  That and the already gloat of other European nations means we may be at the limit for new nations/factions to be added to the game.  Many new lines are simply made of ships from other nations already, if only we could add smaller or older ships to the game and find a place for them.   

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOyA3nFrfWtv34vCPjHwr

Given that how the tech trees are constructed I see no new factions, why? Simply because captains are shared, we can add branches / subbranches in the existing trees like Pan-EU and Pan American, Commonwealth etc but it is to no advantage to split them. You can have national flags flying on Swedish ships f.e. which I ofc do.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

Given that how the tech trees are constructed I see no new factions, why? Simply because captains are shared, we can add branches / subbranches in the existing trees like Pan-EU and Pan American, Commonwealth etc but it is to no advantage to split them. You can have national flags flying on Swedish ships f.e. which I ofc do.

Yes, the curious Swedish captains who are all anglophone for some reason. Except for one guy who speaks Swedish, and he's called Chapman. Go figure...

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yes, the curious Swedish captains who are all anglophone for some reason. Except for one guy who speaks Swedish, and he's called Chapman. Go figure...

To be fair, the average Swede probably speaks better English than most native speakers… :classic_tongue:

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

This is my general thought as well. Even the newest nation to be added to the game - Spain - is a bit questionable, as the presence of Austro-Hungarian and other nations under the European banner (including neutral Sweden) demonstrates quite clearly that Europe is not meant to represent solely the smaller navies that fought in WWII on the Allied side.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, kriegerfaust said:

and it is great for people t point out errors all while adding nothing original

Is this your attitude towards people who participates in your thread by pointing out mistakes?

I think a "Fleet" concept, which consists of ships of various kinds connected by nation, rather than Tech Trees of related ship classes, may be the way forwards.  They could be affiliated to an existing line (for the purposes of captain training etc, so an Australian Captain could skipper any Commonwealth ship) to encourage players to invest in the new ships/captains, and it would enable WG to keep adding historically related groups of ships without needing Tier I-X lines. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

Mogolia

Mongolia? Plenty of horsepower there....

Anyhow, to expand on the Fleet faction idea. What WG would need to do is to give  groups of ships (including Premiums) a national flag, and to make selections/single nations into factions. Then, they could make the RB process (resetting lines to get RB points) something which would work with any combination of ships which were associated with that particular faction, regardless of whether they were Tech Tree ships or Premiums. All you would need would be the whole line from I_X, i.e for Aus/NZ

X - Cerberus (TT) / Brisbane (Prem)

IX - Encounter (TT) / Hector (Prem)

VIII - Auckland (TT) / Superb (Prem)

VII - Gambia (?) /  Royalist (Prem)

VI - Hobart (TT) / Perth (Prem) / Canberra (Prem)

V - Achilles (Prem) / Stuart (Prem)

IV - Dunedin (TT)  / Waterhen (Prem) 

III - Caradoc (TT) / Vampire (Prem) 

Bold indicates new ship.

This system would mean an increase in value in lower tier Premium ships as they would become grind-skipping tools. Why buy a Tier V Aussie DD? Historical interest, of course, but also because it allows you to open another RB branch which could be reset faster than the normal Tech Trees. It's not P2Win, more like P2Skip.

Edited by invicta2012

I'd just like to see an EU Cruiser tech tree - surely there's enough 'odds & ends' there for something ..... 

Is this your attitude towards people who participates in your thread by pointing out mistakes?,

i have no problem with pointing out errors, but could they not have said say Korea would be a great new faction

of and by the way Austria Hungry ceased to exist after WW1

• Confused 1
  • Bored 2

There is no real national power left that had a navy in the first half of the 20th century that is not already in game. Sure, you could argue for China, Korea, South American states, New Zealand or Australia, but those are already encompassed into "Pan-Asia", "Pan-American" and Commonwealth flags. Also, Greece and the Balkans got summed up under the European banner. You must not forget that 80-100 years back, most regions in Africa were still colonized and nearly all dominated by the UK, Germany, Belgium and France, as was India and Indochina. Israel was not yet founded, and Arabian states were not as nearly influential as they are nowadays (and in any way mostly British dominated, too).

So, save for an extraction of such a country from these Pan-XX catch-all groups, there won't possibly be any new faction included IMHO.

Regards, Nightowl

• Like 1

On 12/14/2023 at 7:51 AM, kriegerfaust said:

Austro Hungarian

Austria-Hungary is already in the game:

AH.thumb.jpg.0bf964e0a18ca0058a822d0315108100.jpg

Austria-Hungarian ships will be in the European tech tree, nearly exclusively Tier V, maybe VI, and under, though Tier IX Jäger does show WG is willing to do weird stuff.

6 minutes ago, Northern Nightowl said:

There is no real national power left that had a navy in the first half of the 20th century that is not already in game. Sure, you could argue for China, Korea, South American states, New Zealand or Australia, but those are already encompassed into "Pan-Asia", "Pan-American" and Commonwealth flags. Also, Greece and the Balkans got summed up under the European banner. You must not forget that 80-100 years back, most regions in Africa were still colonized and nearly all dominated by the UK, Germany, Belgium and France, as was India and Indochina. Israel was not yet founded, and Arabian states were not as nearly influential as they are nowadays (and in any way mostly British dominated, too).

So, save for an extraction of such a country from these Pan-XX catch-all groups, there won't possibly be any new faction included IMHO.

Regards, Nightowl

India is also encompassed under the Commonwealth umbrella.  Two of the upcoming Commonwealth cruisers are Indian and the Tier VI premium Mysore is Indian under the Commonwealth tree.