Does Wedgie's refund policy is still in place?

Andrewbassg

I got the Plymouth for steel a while back and I played only one battle in her.  Didn't like her..... Opened a ticket but no response yet.

How long ago did you file the ticket?  The weekend after a major rollout may be slow responding.  I'm feeling the same misery with the Plymouth being my first and only steel ship.  I think it was the cheapest steel ship I could get to be able to play a clan battle.  It should be great against subs and DDs but it's hard to get into the right position. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

How long ago did you file the ticket?  The weekend after a major rollout may be slow responding

Yesterday. I already got the Defence, coz GAS reasons 🙂 

4 minutes ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I'm feeling the same misery with the Plymouth being my first and only steel ship.  I think it was the cheapest steel ship I could get to be able to play a clan battle.  It should be great against subs and DDs but it's hard to get into the right position. 

Yep. I got her for ranked reasons back then, buuut........nnnope.

• Like 1

IIRC you WILL receive a refund if you asked before you used whatever you're asking for a refund on. If you used it even once, you are NOT entitled to an automatic refund and are dependent on someone being merciful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

IIRC you WILL receive a refund if you asked before you used whatever you're asking for a refund on. If you used it even once, you are NOT entitled to an automatic refund and are dependent on someone being merciful.

THIS^^^^^

Years ago I bought a ship and when I went to the videos of how best to outfit her found out that she had been nerfed into the ground before release. I hadn't played her yet and put in a ticket. Refunded within 24 Hrs.

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Umm...can you rephrase a bit?  I don't really get the point. I mean the ship I used only once, but steel I spent around after.....

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Indeed.

This is why we encourage people to actually think before buying.

1 hour ago, Andrewbassg said:

Umm...can you rephrase a bit?

If the ship is used, even for 1 battle, its not refundable. But you can try communicate with the customer service. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Indeed.

Except that's not that simple. There is no means to try out ships, other then rentals, and they are sparse also not specific. There are many different reasons and aspects why one likes a  ship or doesn't.

Yo I knew what RN Cl's were ( I have like 17 mil Xpon the line on Eu alone) however I couldn't click with that ship and also deemed not worth the effort. And I was able to say that  after one battle, exactly because of my prior experience.

34 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Hell, yes. Much as I defend WG, that doesn't mean I think your wallet should open itself for everything WG puts out the instant it is released. 

Now if you are a completionist and you insist on having absolutely every ship for the sake of having it, that's fine - but IMHO you then lose the right to complain that you were ripped off if the ship turns out to be a steaming pile of dysenteric chihuahua effluent. (It doesn't stop you from saying the ship is bad, but if you bought it for the having over buying it for the playing, that's all on you.)

3 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Except that's not that simple. There is no means to try out ships, other then rentals, and they are sparse also not specific. There are many different reasons and aspects why one likes a  ship or doesn't.

Agree. Sometimes hands on experiences are better than Youtube reviews/reviews from other sources. Its either one trying to imagine how the ship behaves or access it by borrowing account. I don't have exact examples on how I regret purchasing a ship, but I do regret heavily in not buying Schroder as I listened to other's comments without putting in my own judgement.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Hell, yes. Much as I defend WG, that doesn't mean I think your wallet should open itself for everything WG puts out the instant it is released. 

6FE6656A-2569-4D5C-A445-EB63E019A1B5.gif You are not joking around, aren't you? 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Now if you are a completionist and you insist on having absolutely every ship for the sake of having it, that's fine - but IMHO you then lose the right to complain that you were ripped off if the ship turns out to be a steaming pile of dysenteric chihuahua effluent. (It doesn't stop you from saying the ship is bad, but if you bought it for the having over buying it for the playing, that's all on you.)

Yes, except I' m not.  I could have got the Bourgogne, but I don't play babbies. I get ships for utility and/or fun.

Edited by Andrewbassg

Just google the rules next time:

“Purchases through the Armory can be refunded when no more than one (1) battle is played with the ship.“

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/35611/

Sure it says CAN, but I have already done it a couple times myself and it was never an issue.

Edited by __Helmut_Kohl__
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Just google the rules next time:

“Purchases through the Armory can be refunded when no more than one (1) battle is played with the ship.“

https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/article/35611/

Sure it says CAN, but I have already done it a couple times myself and it was never an issue.

Thank you.  46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

Otherwise a lil discussion never hurt anyone.

7 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

I'm pleased to announce, that CS solved the issue and gave back my 20250 steel 🙂

Good to hear!

• Thanks 1