Battlespass changes coming - cost more with more useless rewards and absolutely no RP anymore!

VedranSeawolf359

Just another reason for me to ignore the Salvage for Victory event entirely.  I already got IL and OH from the RB.  The only other RB ship I have any interest in is the Yolo, and I'm one reset of the Harugumo line away, and have the FXP already.

1 minute ago, LTC_Tiger said:

Just another reason for me to ignore the Salvage for Victory event entirely.  I already got IL and OH from the RB.  The only other RB ship I have any interest in is the Yolo, and I'm one reset of the Harugumo line away, and have the FXP already.

Well that was a non-sequitur and a half.

• Like 1

Mates if we want that devs reconsider to put into new version of Battlepass better rewards we can do that only maybe with heavy pressure on devs on Discord can change something.

This players do for rewards on Birthday of WoW when it change number of super container which we get on Birthday! So I recommend pressure on devs related to rewards of RP and steel in this new BP!

I think that is unacceptable that it remove Research points and steel from it while ask more DB. Put new researchable ships into it isn't real reward since we can get anyway 2 month later with grinding.

For me which doesn't have other way to get steel expect Ranked battles (my clan don't do clan battles) and restart lines for get research points isn't option for me due my disability (I have problems in hands) so my battle results cannot be high as yours to get XP and FXP fast.

• Like 6

Bulletin from a PTS participant (alleged), original post in Chinese.

https://nga.178.com/read.php?tid=38696137

In effect confirmed that Battle Pass will be heavily nerfed for 13.0.

3500 Doubloons for Premium Pass and no "Seasonal Deluxe Pack". No Research Points whatsoever, Basic Track has 1200 Steel and no additional steel or "starter gift" (that will be given as reward for purchasing the Premium Pass itself) for Premium track, no coal or economic bonus containers for additional progress (can only earn Event tokens like this time).

Free track gives Cleveland-Freedom skin, event flag (as already teased by WG through screenshot), a port slot, (presumed) econ bonus pack for Independence, flag container, Independence and Wings of Freedom containers; Premium track gives Baltimore-Freedom, another port slot, (presumed) econ bonus pack for Yorktown and Yorktown.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

3500 Doubloons for Premium Pass and no "Seasonal Deluxe Pack". No Research Points whatsoever, Basic Track has 1200 Steel and no additional steel or "starter gift" (that will be given as reward for purchasing the Premium Pass itself) for Premium track, no coal or economic bonus containers for additional progress (can only earn Event tokens like this time).

Free track gives Cleveland-Freedom skin, event flag (as already teased by WG through screenshot), a port slot, (presumed) econ bonus pack for Independence, flag container, Independence and Wings of Freedom containers; Premium track gives Baltimore-Freedom, another port slot, (presumed) econ bonus pack for Yorktown and Yorktown.

I sure hope these changes aren't permanent 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

If true, then it will be most likely the first BP I'm not going to bother to even complete. Not to say anything about paying for it.

EDIT:

On discord surfacefish posted the PTS rewards from both the paid and free BP.

1.jpg?ex=658de28c&is=657b6d8c&hm=60ba968

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

If true, then it will be most likely the first BP I'm not going to bother to even complete. Not to say anything about paying for it.

EDIT:

It’s also notable that of the two camos that are included the Cleveland camo (free line reward) is a free collection reward, while the Baltimore camo has also been handed out for free in the past.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 6

Really don't like CVs, to put it nicely, the rest of the rewards is lackluster as well and the price is inflated on top of it, the first time i can skip a Battlepass entirely without feeling any regrets.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aragathor said:

EDIT:

A 6 point captain ... how generous!!!!!!! 😫

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I will look at it when it goes live. I don’t worry about PTS stuff anymore as too many times PTS doesn’t = the same on live.

Once it hits live I will evaluate it as I always do. If it is worth the cost I will get it and if not I won’t.

I suggest this philosophy to the rest of you. If enough people pass “IF” WG makes permanent changes to the BP they will get the hint as they rule via the almighty spreadsheet.

i have passed on the BP before when the cost didn’t justify the rewards and will do so every time that situation presents.

In the mean time…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LTC_Tiger said:

Honestly, I was gave for Elli (wished him) coal+RP+ lots steel... I didn't sorry because I count on steel from BP+steel from ranked (I was decided gave steel for Elli, but my itention was ok, it will be ok, I will pay BP every month and got back steel until next resource coupon)... Few hours later I see here about BP nerfing... 😞 No steel and RP in BP =I will not buy BP.

P.S. Elli is FUN 😄 

Edited by WildWind84
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

Honestly, I was gave for Elli (wished him) coal+RP+ lots steel... I didn't sorry because I count on steel from BP+steel from ranked (I was decided gave steel for Elli, but my itention was ok, it will be ok, I will pay BP every month and got back steel until next resource coupon)... Few hours later I see here about BP nerfing... 😞 No steel and RP in BP =I will not buy BP.

P.S. Elli is FUN 😄 

I had purchased 20,000 doubloons with the intention of using them for battle passes as I just (last week) used most of my steel to get the Mecklenburg ... now I'm kind of kicking myself. This change will cut the amount of steel I get in half as I don't do clan wars. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I had purchased 20,000 doubloons with the intention of using them for battle passes as I just (last week) used most of my steel to get the Mecklenburg ... now I'm kind of kicking myself. This change will cut the amount of steel I get in half as I don't do clan wars. 

And my clan (also me - haven't time) doesn't doing clan battles... I have Burgogne for steel, but also plan was to going for Lauria (or Stalingrad?) and also count with unknown resource for Sicilia... 

RB- I have all I wished (Ohio, Illinois, Siegfried and Colbert), but also regrind become harder (shorter with battle bonus economy...). I am not sure if I am mistake, but it seems that WG hard nerfing supplies of economy bonus???

• Like 3

7 hours ago, WildWind84 said:

I am not sure if I am mistake, but it seems that WG hard nerfing supplies of economy bonus???

It certainly looks like it ... access to steel and research points in particular seem to be heavily nerfed. Makes me wonder if they are going to crack down on coal next.

• Like 5

I think WG's plan is to use the Salvage for Victory events to soak up players' resources, then pinch on your future resource earning. You either have to play more or pay more to earn those resources.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

I think WG's plan is to use the Salvage for Victory events to soak up players' resources, then pinch on your future resource earning.

It certainly looks that way. I'm still earning coal to get the Defence (73k to go). After that, I'll start 2024 with an empty cupboard.

• Like 1

So, steel was never supposed to be "sold".   Same for RB points?  In any case.  They shouldn't be sold imo, they should need to be earned as originally intended.  Therefore.   This is a good thing.

7 hours ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

I think WG's plan is to use the Salvage for Victory events to soak up players' resources, then pinch on your future resource earning. You either have to play more or pay more to earn those resources.

I do not disagree, this is probably the plan. IMHO it will not go as they anticipate though. Cutting resources means players will hoard them, make fewer impulse buys and wait for those things that they truly want, to become available. Others will probably just get disgusted and leave the game. When you add in fewer people spending actual money on Battle Pass because of fewer rewards at a higher price, it is likely to be a bit of a mess. 

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Cutting resources means players will hoard them, make fewer impulse buys and wait for those things that they truly want, to become available. Others will probably just get disgusted and leave the game. When you add in fewer people spending actual money on Battle Pass because of fewer rewards at a higher price, it is likely to be a bit of a mess. 

I totally agree with your viewpoint. I have the resource to get Defence. I am thinking real hard if Defence is worth the resource that WG is asking, fully knowing the purpose of this Salvage for Victory event. If the future Battle Pass on the live server appears like what it is on the PTS 13.0, I will not pay the extra doubloons for the extra progress line, period.

• Like 4

On 12/14/2023 at 10:49 PM, Nevermore135 said:

It’s also notable that of the two camos that are included the Cleveland camo (free line reward) is a free collection reward, while the Baltimore camo has also been handed out for free in the past.

Yeah WG is recycling and monetizing past free content, best indicator where they are and where they are heading

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I do not disagree, this is probably the plan. IMHO it will not go as they anticipate though. Cutting resources means players will hoard them, make fewer impulse buys and wait for those things that they truly want, to become available. Others will probably just get disgusted and leave the game. When you add in fewer people spending actual money on Battle Pass because of fewer rewards at a higher price, it is likely to be a bit of a mess. 

Yup, whoever makes the decision about the game economy has no idea about closed economies. Plus, this is an entertainment product not a job.

When people see that they have to put in serious time for peanuts, they will quit. Because there's always an alternative, something else to do. We are bombarded with options and offers. It doesn't take a Wharton graduate to realize that reducing payouts will make people reconsider paying/playing.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 5

On 12/14/2023 at 11:56 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I will look at it when it goes live. I don’t worry about PTS stuff anymore as too many times PTS doesn’t = the same on live.

Once it hits live I will evaluate it as I always do. If it is worth the cost I will get it and if not I won’t.

I suggest this philosophy to the rest of you. If enough people pass “IF” WG makes permanent changes to the BP they will get the hint as they rule via the almighty spreadsheet.

i have passed on the BP before when the cost didn’t justify the rewards and will do so every time that situation presents.

In the mean time…

It is the same for me, if there is value in the offer I will accept it.

If WG are generous with content I think quite a lot of players accept it,previous BPs (the 2500 one) although they have had various quality of the end rewards if you play past progression like I do and wants the bonuses and coal etc have been a no-brainer. 

Now they seems far worse, but I will wait to they are officially released every update to see what I will do. And I do calculate the cost in subsidized doubloons from 50% reduction. So it is more the Question what I will use my doubloons in store for and how much I will buy in april for next birthday coupon.  

Edited by Gnirf

1 hour ago, Gnirf said:

And I do calculate the cost in subsidized doubloons from 50% cashback. So it is more the Question what I will use my doubloons in store for and how much I will buy in april for next birthday coupon.  

Wait, it is not anymore 100% return in dubs for b-days coupon?! 🤨 Or I misunderstood something? 🤨

17 minutes ago, WildWind84 said:

Wait, it is not anymore 100% return in dubs for b-days coupon?! 🤨 Or I misunderstood something? 🤨

It should be 100% cashback for your birthday, and 30% off for the account anniversary. Haven't heard of any changes to it at all.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/birthday-gifts/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Aragathor said:

It should be 100% cashback for your birthday, and 30% off for the account anniversary. Haven't heard of any changes to it at all.

Tnx mate 🙂