Battlespass changes coming - cost more with more useless rewards and absolutely no RP anymore!

VedranSeawolf359

Metes seems that Battlespass changes coming - cost more with more useless rewards and absolutely no RP anymore

WG seems continue with Christmas style reward battlepass it will cost 1000 DB more and will have more useless reward such as temporary bonuses and less steel and no Research points anymore 

I love old Battlepass for 2500 DB we get lot steel and RP to me this is important because my clan don't play clan battle and to me as person with disability grinding is slow so I don't like to restart ship lines 😭😢

c8b2f354-98db-11ee-ae91-b49691e6ead0.jpg

Edited by VedranSeawolf359
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

Not really surprised. Just do as I do play and get the free stuff and avoid the costly mediocre rewards. Either soon WG will understand the mistake or some of the playerbase will prove them right in these changes. I guess something must had inspired this in them.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

Like most businesses they will offer as little as they can for as much as they can get for it.  WG version of 'shrinkflation'.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Just ignore RB like me. Problem solved! 
I also basically ignore steel ships, and use steel to cover coal shortfalls since coal stuff is actually interesting....

• Like 2

WG are presumably happy with the wheeze they've had for Christmas of increasing the points needed to progress at higher levels and are rolling it out to 'normal' battle pass seasons.

As @OldSchoolGaming_Youtube says, it's not really surprising. The existing BP has been generally getting less rewarding with time since about pass number two or three; this change - assuming it goes live, which is likely - continues the trend.

The only way this trend will be arrested is if the money coming in drops significantly.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, VedranSeawolf359 said:

Metes seems that Battlespass changes coming - cost more with more useless rewards and absolutely no RP anymore

WG seems continue with Christmas style reward battlepass it will cost 1000 DB more and will have more useless reward such as temporary bonuses and less steel and no Research points anymore 

I love old Battlepass for 2500 DB we get lot steel and RP to me this is important because my clan don't play clan battle and to me as person with disability grinding is slow so I don't like to restart ship lines 😭😢

c8b2f354-98db-11ee-ae91-b49691e6ead0.jpg

Very disappointing to see if I'm being honest. WG had an awesome idea with the current BP we have and I'm sad to see it go.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Very disappointing to see if I'm being honest. WG had an awesome idea with the current BP we have and I'm sad to see it go.

Agreed, I'm not paying another 1,000 doubloons for less rewards.

It's becoming clearer and clearer to me that the separation of the Russian server from Wargaming has seriously hampered Wargaming's revenue intakes.

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

It's becoming clearer and clearer to me that the separation of the Russian server from Wargaming has seriously hampered Wargaming's revenue intakes.

Agreed

If Wargaming pinches any more pennies they will soon have a copper line long enough to cross the Atlantic.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CFagan_1987 said:

It seems my 5k doubs which was reserved for two more BPs will have to go towards something else. Not really sure what however, maybe time will tell.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Verblonde said:

WG are presumably happy with the wheeze they've had for Christmas of increasing the points needed to progress at higher levels and are rolling it out to 'normal' battle pass seasons.

I'll probably give it a hard pass in January.  I feel a bit burnt out with this Christmas one already. When it's over, I'll give this game a wide berth for at least January & get on with other stuff in my life.

There's a few other games I play.  Out of all of them, I think the Battle Pass for Division 2 seems fair.   You get a generous amount of time and the stuff on the paid line is just cosmetic.

• Like 3

The only reason I pay the extra dubs for Battle Pass is the steel and RP. If there's no steel and RP in Battle Pass, I'll just play the first line and get whatever free stuff available.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, torino2dc said:

@VedranSeawolf359 I would be careful reading too much into the public test. The missions and payouts on PTS are notoriously unreliable when it comes to how they transfer to the live server.  

It was noticed that there's no steel and RP in the Michelangelo dockyard on PTS. Someone said the same thing about reading too much. Indeed, there's no steel and RP in the live Michelangelo dockyard. I would be leaning more into believing that the January Battle Pass will not have steel and RP. What I am hoping for is that Battle Pass will revert back to the old format after January.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The shrinkflation continues. It's going to be harder and harder to justify any spending on the game, especially now that the prices of everything are exploding in Germany.

It's WG's loss, not mine.

PS: I remember my marketing courses in University, when my Professor said that in times of financial austerity you should lower your prices to keep your customers. It's clear the WG guys never had such a course.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

The only reason I pay the extra dubs for Battle Pass is the steel and RP. If there's no steel and RP in Battle Pass, I'll just play the first line and get whatever free stuff available.

Maybe this is Wargaming's way of telling players to not spend any Doubloons for the Battle Pass. 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, mashed68 said:

Just ignore RB like me. Problem solved! 
I also basically ignore steel ships, and use steel to cover coal shortfalls since coal stuff is actually interesting....

Oof, the steel ships generally are way more interesting outside of Napoli. 

My guess is that WGs current results with the BP system is not what they have anticipated. I think that maybe a decent number takes the Premium pass for 2500 dbl but too few buys the seasons bonuses.

Therefor they think? that let us try a two level system which are prized somewhat higher than the previous Premium but lower than the combined with less resources but give bonuses from the higher prized to see if that yields better results.

Are players more resource driven prizewise than bonus driven? That is the Question WG wants an answer to. For a player that does not play insane numbers of games (like myself) I am inclined to that players are more interested in tangible resources coal, steel, RB flags and boosters than 100% bonus on every first win. 

But I do not think that I have seen much discussion on that matter, perhaps nailed down on games played (in some groups) /daily in categories to see if that opinion differs.

One other thing is that current pass with its progressive harder levels is a sign that many of us players that plays many games gets too much out of the BP from post progression from WGs perspective.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well, all you complained about previous BP rewards, so maybe that's why they have changed it? 

It seems that next update they included early access into the BP, so old BP may return after that. 

I'm ok with having different BP instead of old BP where it's same every month except final reward. Even better if they remove annoying 300/500/1000/1100/1200/1300 daily missions that requires mostly wins

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aragathor said:

The shrinkflation continues. It's going to be harder and harder to justify any spending on the game, especially now that the prices of everything are exploding in Germany.

It's WG's loss, not mine.

PS: I remember my marketing courses in University, when my Professor said that in times of financial austerity you should lower your prices to keep your customers. It's clear the WG guys never had such a course.

It's profound what they seem to be missing from a "University", Game Economics 201 course. 

• 1) this is a Red Ocean game.  And, because it is a small niche red ocean game, the last thing you want to do in that "small niche market" is to cheap out and frustrate your customers !!!!  [face slap emoji]
  • 2)  you can NOT "save (cheap) your way" into market expansion or profit....  It doesn't work that way anywhere;  at anytime;  nor,  any place on this planet...  The game population will stall into a status quo of mediocrity and the game becomes an "after note" of what could have been....

The game gets a D- in GE 201.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Gnirf said:

One other thing is that current pass with its progressive harder levels is a sign that many of us players that plays many games gets too much out of the BP from post progression from WGs perspective.

I see it as WG trying to drive more players to pay to directly progress the BP. WG has made the process of tracking and planning progress a little more complicated in the hopes that players will miss their target, at which point sunk cost thinking comes into play.

It kind of reminds me of an incredibly watered down version of the first PR dockyard. Different in structure, of course, but I can see the same thinking driving the decisions.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Thanks 1

As a F2P player to be honest I am ok with this rework.

I am happy that I can grind less and still get most of the BP reward.

For example I can grind ~2857bxp per day to get min167 points toward BP, if I play wise I can get 170 points, what I am missing out is ~25-28 points per week, also I don't have to bother with the winning prerequisites.

Anyway, this number of bxp is most likely not enough for grinding through dockyard,

• Like 1

PTS rewards don't always match live server rewards, so I'm not making a judgement call until I've seen the live 13.0 battlepass on the live server and I can see for myself

a) How much 'permanent' content is there.

b) Exactly what they are charging for it on the live server.

Because I'd hate to say that it was a busted flush now and then look like an idiot afterwards.

• Like 2