Hmm.....I wonder what that could be about....(EU stream)

Andrewbassg

Captains!

We've got some riveting plans in the works for 2024 affecting submarines and aircraft carriers, and we thought you'd like to know what it's all about. Join World of Warships' Global Operations Director Lordofdroid and Regional Publishing Director Crysantos live in the lab as they comb through all the details!

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/sub-and-cv-news-on-stream/

Announcing that both subs and Cv's will be allowed into CB and KOTS perhaps? Smile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Announcing that both subs and Cv's will be allowed into CB and KOTS perhaps? Smile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67

Won't happen.  Something 🔥 would have to freeze over.

• Haha 2

My guess is : 

- CV planes get to drop a buyou that captures zones and has 0.1 concealment

- Submarine surveillance removed, instead both team submarines win if they are the last ones alive. Everybody else gets a loss.

• Haha 3

Perhaps WG have already hit their turnover budgets for Satan boxes for this year, and are ready to announce something awful now that they've got enough people's money?

Ever the optimist, me...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

spotting

*nah... odd tiers? at least these 2 they kinda share

Re-adding odd-tier CVs and adding odd-tier subs would be an interesting development.

I can't imagine they have the models ready for that, though.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

*nah... odd tiers? at least these 2 they kinda share

With US CVs entering early access next patch at tiers 6, 8, and 10, this would be very odd timing for such an announcement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

With US CVs entering early access next patch at tiers 6, 8, and 10, this would be very odd timing for such an announcement.

They could go the epitome of "copy-paste": :classic_laugh:

T4: Langley
T5: Ranger '36
T6: Ranger
T7: Lexington '36
T8: Lexington
T9: Saratoga '44
T10: Midway

• Haha 4

39 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

Perhaps WG have already hit their turnover budgets for Satan boxes for this year, and are ready to announce something awful now that they've got enough people's money?

Ever the optimist, me...

Yep, that was my very first thought. Smile_sceptic.gif.97d8c8cbb10e163afd1a67

1 hour ago, HogHammer said:

Oh, they gonna tell us that " Come on, everybody knew that was coming" and "Its not fair that subs and Cv's are not allowed" or somethin' along those lines. Aka crap.

I don't see anything else that could  affect both classes. Except maybe some cap rework, but the timing......is very sus....

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Itwastuesday said:

My guess is : 

- CV planes get to drop a buyou that captures zones and has 0.1 concealment

- Submarine surveillance removed, instead both team submarines win if they are the last ones alive. Everybody else gets a loss.

Or.. perhaps this finally means we are going to see the flying submarine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Or.. perhaps this finally means we are going to see the flying submarine?

image.png.d2cc19940d2e338e24d69a5107feea66.png
Just watched that movie the other day, lol

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HogHammer said:

Contrary to that old saying, Detroit does freeze over. Every winter.

Edited by Utt_Bugglier
  • Haha 2

Contemplating the general themes here, and being aware of WG's usual approach to customer feedback, I may have discerned what's coming: a line of submarines that carry aircraft (including the regular CV feature of regenerating planes), and those aircraft will all have an extra armament option that goes through more armour, whilst doing the same damage as regular arms, and - naturally - to reduce excessive spam, said armament will cost more silver to use (and because WG listen it won't be called 'gold' ammo).

Thus two birds are killed with one stone: the submarines' issue with not being able to project influence very far is fixed (planes), and the CVs' problem of getting their hulls sunk is similarly reduced (submersible).

It's inevitable.

(Gods, I *really* hope I don't turn out to be prescient here, and am just extracting the urine...)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Captains!

We've got some riveting plans in the works for 2024 affecting submarines and aircraft carriers, and we thought you'd like to know what it's all about. Join World of Warships' Global Operations Director Lordofdroid and Regional Publishing Director Crysantos live in the lab as they comb through all the details!

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/community/sub-and-cv-news-on-stream/

Let us hope and pray they give us good news. I genuinely hope this goes well because from what I can see Mir Korabli looks like the better game at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, pepe_trueno said:

an i-56 with 6 deck guns that can summon airstrikes

What's not to like, eh?  😉 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Verblonde said:

Contemplating the general themes here, and being aware of WG's usual approach to customer feedback, I may have discerned what's coming: a line of submarines that carry aircraft (including the regular CV feature of regenerating planes), and those aircraft will all have an extra armament option that goes through more armour, whilst doing the same damage as regular arms, and - naturally - to reduce excessive spam, said armament will cost more silver to use (and because WG listen it won't be called 'gold' ammo).

Thus two birds are killed with one stone: the submarines' issue with not being able to project influence very far is fixed (planes), and the CVs' problem of getting their hulls sunk is similarly reduced (submersible).

It's inevitable.

(Gods, I *really* hope I don't turn out to be prescient here, and am just extracting the urine...)

An alternative approach would be a submersible CV. I've already covered half the work for WG, just not the surfacing part that I leave for them.

5 hours ago, 3LUE said:

CV are getting nuclear bombs and Subs are getting nuclear tipped torpedoes, lol...

The Nautilus, depicted in "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Verne, was supposedly nuclear powered.

The US Navy Submarine Nautilus was a nuclear submarine.  https://ussnautilus.org

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The Nautilus, depicted in "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Verne, was supposedly nuclear powered.

I'm not sure about the Jules Verne original, but I do remember it being the case in a film I enjoyed very much as a boy: The Amazing Captain Nemo.

Not just nuclear powered, but equipped with a laser cannon that could shoot down ICBMs. (Yes, from underwater. Whatever. I was a kid. It was fun.)

• Haha 1