What would you Remove from the game, add to the game and ban from being ever added

kriegerfaust

21 minutes ago, Asym said:
On 12/14/2023 at 11:23 AM, Wolfswetpaws said:

I figure the game is intended for players as young as 7 years of age.
So, some things, such as team-kill, or fratricide, or real-life depiction of the horrors of "friendly fire" aren't strictly needed in an "arcade" game.

Having a team-mate capable of sinking my ship is inconvenient for me and could shorten my fun-time during a match (if they could).
So, team-kill being turned-off is fine by me. 
I already know plenty of ways to get my ship sunk by red-team players.  🙂 

I think you are missing the point I am raising....  There are/were strict rules to deal with team damage and those seven year olds you mention will/would be Orange and banned very quickly.

Break the rules and you pay the price.  It's that simple and doesn't require a single real person to administrate....

Now, in today's world, cause and effect have been removed and we see the same bad people doing the same bad things over and over and over again - reinforcing that being bad isn't bad....  That escalates with time and bad compounds itself culturally to the point that being "bad" is a badge of honor.  And, those "systems fail 100% of the time" historically and culturally....  There isn't a silver lining throughout history.

I prefer a quality game and have reduced my spending and play time.  At some point, if this ^^^^ doesn't self correct, there will be very few dedicated players left......it's inevitable in games that fail to:   "study history..."

The problem with "team-kill" turned-on, as I stated, is that an allied ship can use its ordnance to sink my ship.
Thus prematurely ending *my* fun-time.

The perpatrator(s) will simply laugh and laugh some more when they're caught/punished/banned, because they'll roll-up another account and continue their unsporting behavior.  And, possibly, shorten my enjoyment of a game yet again.

Consequences of behavior methodology was already tried and discarded.
Sure, it's more "realism" if "friendly fire" is turned-on.
But, nowadays, I only have to dodge red-team ordnance instead of red-team ordnance and green-team ordnance.
That reduces my workload and improves my quality-of-life considerably.  🙂 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well to be harsh, delete CVs and Subs (Master races) from this game it could become a great fookkin game, really a "thinking mans action game" just like chess. Now it nothing alike, play OP class and kill the thinking man.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

The perpatrator(s) will simply laugh and laugh some more when they're caught/punished/banned, because they'll roll-up another account and continue their unsporting behavior.  And, possibly, shorten my enjoyment of a game yet again.

Those were the fun days of playing wows. that's the feature i want back so i can kill all the submarines and carriers.

1 hour ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Now it nothing alike, play OP class and kill the thinking man.

Funny... Given that fighting the "master races" require the highest level of thinking and getting "into the mind" of your opponent.

• Thanks 1

Remove Homing anything.

Have a button for 1 tier +/- and another for 2 tier +/-. I am happy to wait a bit longer for a more level playing field.

or

if you are 2 tiers +/- and you are bottom tier you get a buff in all aspects of say 20%.

If you finish top of the game you dont lose your win rate %.

CV's get bonus XP for attacking the other CV in the first 5 minutes.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Funny... Given that fighting the "master races" require the highest level of thinking

Yes it does, and thats why playing DDs in this game require the most amount of thinking and playing CVs/Subs, require the least.

getting "into the mind" of your opponent.

Ok, so just by "getting into the mind" of youre opponent, in a 1 Vs 1 a DD and a CV you in youre DD just have to "get into the mind" of the CV player and all his advantages just magically disappear, right?

• The fact that he can keep you spotted at all times with his squadrons and his fighters/portabal radars?
  • The fact that he can keep you lit with fighters while strike you with his squadrons?
  • The fact that you have no idea where on the map his CV is hiding
  • The fact that If you even come close he can just relocate with autopilot while still keep you spotted and striking you over and over again?

You really must have a magical mind!

Didnt know that all those poor BB players that I dev.struck from full health in my totally invisible Gato, just hadn't "gotten in my mind" yet.

• Like 2

imho the fact that weegee is changing some CV and dildo mechanics tends to suggest that the Almighty Spreadshite has spoken or pointed toward the whereabouts and position of ever so humble silent majority 🤟😁

• Like 1

I would personally remove from game - subs and Kitakami and ban for ever to be added. 

Personally - to the game I would add Averoff 🙂  and maybe split german cruisers in 2 lines 🙂 

EDIT: and if subs stay - GIVE MASSA, OHIO, JB, MUSHASHI 10 KM ASW RANGE! 

Edited by WildWind84
  • Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 12:28 AM, Musket22 said:

Ban from adding: Jet aircraft and any Missiles toting vehicles.

This also would ban 🙂 

Now we have very very boring meta, many frustrations and stupidity. Remove subs and Kitakami,  and WG should never add new line of CVs. Then meta should change. Result should be: we got brawling world, world of secondaries, good torps trap from dds, fun for all... But, instead of that, now we have torps in every combination, boooriiing camping and dds, cruisers and some of bbs who can't help themselfs against subs or Kitakami. Also have boring play and lots of frustration. That is not good way for the game. Game which could be fun, sucessfull story.... But right now is not fun (for sucessfull - don't know - ask WG).

Edited by WildWind84

4 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

just have to "get into the mind" of the CV player and all his advantages just magically disappear, right?

Of course not. But it will help you predict the CV (or Sub) actions and thus take steps to improve your chances of surviving and counter your opponent.

For all the hateful those types can be, they are interesting to fight against, they present a particular challenge given you don't have all the tools you need to defeat them so you need to make up the difference on wits. That's why I find it most rewarding to fight them. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, WildWind84 said:

Result should be: we got brawling world, world of secondaries,

Heck no. I've never understood the fascination with secondaries... It's the laziest damage mechanic in game. 

• Like 1

Just now, ArIskandir said:

Heck no. I've never understood the fascination with secondaries... It's the laziest damage mechanic in game. 

It is not just secondaries... It is about fair and close fight, ambushing, everything is about that. Secondaries is one good aspect of that... Cruisers, dds... Heck, even CVs without spotting mechanic which is now in game... Just removing subs, Kitakami and never add new line of CVs... And change meta. You got - beautifull, fun and active (ok, sometimes with frustration when you jump into ambush 😄 ) game... And yes - in that game there is also place for ships like Yamato or Montana - just, they could clap you, but they still can't only camping... 

BTW. you are very very wrong about this "laziest mechanic in the game". I would try to explain, but I really need going in shopping for Christmas. 

1 hour ago, WildWind84 said:

BTW. you are very very wrong about this "laziest mechanic in the game". I would try to explain, but I really need going in shopping for Christmas. 

Secondaries is plain old "aura" damage. You are going to tell me how it is risky to to close the distance, how your ship becomes more exposed, etc... but the fact remains the mechanic in action is automated and lazy, any carrot pushing W can farm some automated damage with absolut 0 effort and in some favoured matchups can even sink the opponent without taking any further action... you can't be lazier than that, even CVs and Sub need to do something other than move.

Have fun with the shopping and Merry Christmas!! 🧑‍🎄 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

The more an automated mechanic is emphasized in a game, the more I will call it bad design. 

• Like 1

On 12/20/2023 at 4:11 PM, AdmiralMcintosh said:

Those were the fun days of playing wows. that's the feature i want back so i can kill all the submarines and carriers.

The red-team CV's and Submarines await you.

• Like 1

its all about the pew pew pew on the big boys, If automated feels so bad i would happily accept having control over them.

now if you want to talk about lazy design let's talk about HE:

*all you need to do is make contact with the enemy ship and roll the dice for a fire

*does not care about angle of impact

*does not have to deal with things like overpens or bounce like AP

*large caliber HE can overmatch pretty much anything outside belt armor

*has area of effect that wrecks modules, especially large caliber HE.