What would you Remove from the game, add to the game and ban from being ever added

kriegerfaust

1 hour ago, MrWastee said:

add:

rts cv's

Are you ready for the salt this would bring? Because I know how much salt it would bring. They could do things the rework carriers can't, and a lot of people would scream blue murder to have the rework back. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I suspect that concept had two fatal flaws. 1) it was fun, and 2) it didn't make WG enough money.

If anyone remembers that subs were first introduced during the 2018 Halloween event .terror of the deep. 
there was no homing torps then and you can only fire when surfaced . It was fun then 

12 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i would also remove the ability for new players to aquire higher tire ships so easily  until they have played a minimum of 500 random battles or 1,000 co-op battles so they cant get the experience  first 

Why are you trying to be a gate keeper?  I see mostly players with thousands of battles that still don’t understand how to play effectively. You may want to look in the mirror before making a post like that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

there was no homing torps then and you can only fire when surfaced . It was fun then 

JUST LIKE IN ww2, Were sub had to come to the surface before spreading there wings and taking flight, wait that's not WW2 subs those are flying fish

Edited by kriegerfaust
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Are you ready for the salt this would bring? Because I know how much salt it would bring. They could do things the rework carriers can't, and a lot of people would scream blue murder to have the rework back. 

just as it's been the other way round, as producing planes f.e ^^. as it always is and been.... so, i always got some popcorn ready Smile_coin.gif.4108231dd8f1e8ec6de0cb87b

Edited by MrWastee
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Why are you trying to be a gate keeper?  I see mostly players with thousands of battles that still don’t understand how to play effectively. ...

Yes but we have earned the right to not play effectively.

• Haha 4

I would remove the whole lootbox lottery from the game.

I would add regular discounts and sales again, like the original summer sales, that were straight discounts on whatever ship a player wanted to buy directly.

I would ban forever tiers above T11. In fact I would want to ban T11 as well, but the question technically doesn't allow that option.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i would also remove the ability for new players to aquire higher tire ships so easily  until they have played a minimum of 500 random battles or 1,000 co-op battles so they cant get the experience  first 

So imagine this: you're a brand new player in the game and you read in the news and on the forums that a very powerful and popular ship is being removed tomorrow. But you can't buy it and put it away until you're ready because @Gaelic_knight said so. You will never have that ship without hideous levels of Santa whaling because @Gaelic_knight said so. 

Can't you see where this leads?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Remove

Unrealistic stuff, that is:

• dispersion ellipse that is drawn horizontally (deflection in azimut) instead of range (deflection in range). I'd rather exchange historically accurate broadsides instead of playing tracked tanks hulled vehicles bow-in as stationary artillery.
  • physically unsound motorboost. The energy needed to move a ship with a displacement hull through the water does not grow with a linear factor, but rather something like a squared or cubic exponent of the target speed (I do not recall the exact figure). So, you cannot gain 2 and even less 5 knots. See also this text from Navweaps.com about battleship speeds.
  • instant spotting that allows for firing solutions by, especially, submarines, and also by planes.
  • physically unsound spotting mechanics.
    • A ship hull does not magically disappear only because you cannot see the target's centre of mass behind an island; shooting at a ship's stern is a valid endeavour to disable it's propulsion and steering.
  • I'd like to see a realistic wake pattern, namely the Kelvin wake pattern, which would help in spotting. And: the weird, unimmersive lack of sea-ship hull boundary layer has grown noticeably large through the last graphics updates (also, the dolphins do not generate spray, so there's no point in having a few sprites jumping around).
  • the ability of CV to launch planes from a ship's standstill and right against islands.

Add (a) and keep (k)

Realism that is able to conserve the arcadey feeling. There is a game series out there that does this on a really sound way, the Thirdwire series of combat flight simulators (especially the Strike Fighters 2 series). Their engine accommodates air combat from between the air campaigns of WW1 up to and including modern jet fighter and combined arms battles up to a near future.

• (k) the scaling of ship sizes and in-game speeds of ships and shells
  • (a) manual aiming of plane armaments through an actual reticle, get a pilot's POV
  • (a) Better spotting
    • The spotting model should introduce effects of earth's curvature, making the masts seen before the hull. On some maps, you'll get an indication of a horizon that is 192 or 200+ km away; the maps itself are already large enough to see the effect on comparably sized areas of Earth.
    • The spotting range from air should be way way larger than the spotting range from the sea surface. This must be combined with the removal of the instant spotting.
  • (a) Ship classes instead of single ships. I'd like to be able to buy e.g. a second tech tree Fletcher hull to be able to outfit it as a gun boat (mine is currently set up as torpedo fighter).
  • (k) + (a) More operations.

Well, that would be my current bag of wishes...

Regards, Nightowl

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Northern Nightowl said:

Unrealistic stuff, that is:

• dispersion ellipse that is drawn horizontally (deflection in azimut) instead of range (deflection in range). I'd rather exchange historically accurate broadsides instead of playing tracked tanks hulled vehicles bow-in as stationary artillery.
  • physically unsound motorboost. The energy needed to move a ship with a displacement hull through the water does not grow with a linear factor, but rather something like a squared or cubic exponent of the target speed (I do not recall the exact figure). So, you cannot gain 2 and even less 5 knots. See also this text from Navweaps.com about battleship speeds.
  • instant spotting that allows for firing solutions by, especially, submarines, and also by planes.
  • physically unsound spotting mechanics.
    • A ship hull does not magically disappear only because you cannot see the target's centre of mass behind an island; shooting at a ship's stern is a valid endeavour to disable it's propulsion and steering.
  • I'd like to see a realistic wake pattern, namely the Kelvin wake pattern, which would help in spotting. And: the weird, unimmersive lack of sea-ship hull boundary layer has grown noticeably large through the last graphics updates (also, the dolphins do not generate spray, so there's no point in having a few sprites jumping around).
  • the ability of CV to launch planes from a ship's standstill and right against islands.

This isn’t a simulation. It’s pew pew shooty boats. 
If players want realism there are plenty of single player sims out there that would be more their speed. 

• Bored 1

5 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

This will be fine until you have a session-long losing streak where you do huge damage and get high Base XP with red or blue boosters mounted, yet are repeatedly unable to drag suck teams across the finish line. At that point I can guarantee you will want to put your fist through your monitor. Be careful what you wish for.

Economic incentives are still one of the best solution to people complaining about poor gameplay behaviors, with minimal development time needed, and adjustable in the long term.

For most veterans, they'll still easily win out in the long run.

5 minutes ago, Verytis said:

with minimal development time needed,

My take: that translates to lazy to implement and punishes the innocent with the guilty. 

Removed-

Jaegar

Kitakami

All Subs from pvp

ALL Superships from pvp

All premium CV's from pvp

Skip Bombers

Dutch cruiser tree

Tromp

Almirante Grau

Kamikaze (s)

Rigged Games Algorithm

Add-

Better servers

Banned from being added-

Whatever the devs are thinking about adding.

Edited by WES_HoundDog
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

11 minutes ago, WES_HoundDog said:

Removed-

Jaegar

Kitakami

All Subs

ALL Superships

All premium CV's

Skip Bombers

Dutch cruiser tree

Tromp

Almirante Grau

Kamikaze (s)

Add-

Better servers

Banned from being added-

Whatever the devs are thinking about adding.

You sound like you enjoys sailing broadside to torpedo boats 

20 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Wai, wait, wait. I just thought of something to add!  
Give us the ability to set the speed and range of our torps. Make it so the shorter the range, the faster they go. Longer range would cost you a slower speed.  This would also affect the detectability of torpedos. Tge faster they are, the easier they are to spot. 

It would also effect arming distance... Which I'm all for.

20 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

You sound like you enjoys sailing broadside to torpedo boats 

Sounds like your putting 2 and 2 together and getting 1

God willing, I would add

1) Hedgehogs and ASROC launcher to the Forest Sherman and Hedgehog carrying ships.

2) Increased ranged and targetability for rocket launcher ASW ships.

3) Make radar a passive physical module on every radar equiped ship that renders the base detection range of every ship in proximity to the radar vessel through LoS. Being a module (like a turret/rudder) that radar can now be disabled or destroyed by fires and projectiles.

4) animate secondary fire control directors.

5) render MB fire control directors as a superstructure module that can be damaged or destroyed. The director, as they do in port dictate MB range. A ship with damaged fire control has its base ranged reduced to it's base surface detection range.

4) AP/SAP shells can cause flooding on all ships.

5) flooding causes Submarines to gradually sink, if they sink below maximum depth their destroyed regardless of remaining health.

6) straddles cause small amounts of damage that can be 90% healed.

Hioming torpedoes can only travel 50% as fast as gyroscopic torpedoes and are available to only t8+ subs 

7) would add t2-4 Submarines.

😎every ship type has access to heal.

😎 Functional Bow mounted Torpedo tubes on relevant ships 

9) curving torpedo arcs on all gyroscopic torpedoes, DD, cruiser and Submarines.

10) historical aircraft for CVs.

11) historical munitions for CV squadrons.

12) CVs have to launch and recover Squadrons in the order they are arranged.

13) CVs can rearrange squadrons under a penalty during battle.

14) CV squadrons can carry different munitions; but under different quantities for different aircraft.

15) aircraft endurance

16) Historical Jet Aircraft for T10 CVs.

17) United States replaced with USS Forestall.

18) Bolao promoted to a Coal Premium.

19) USS Tang replaces Bolao at T10.

20) periscope depth speed made uniform with submerged speed.

21) submarine depth reduces torpedo/depth charge damage.

22) Snorkel made an Axis consumable until T10.

23) Submarine surface detection range returned to Vessel Mast height instead of class and length.

24) remove Submarine hydrophones and replace with Hydro consumables.

25) hydro detection range of subs be made dependent on submarine depth.

26) Smalland's guided missiles be made functional in lue of her Torpedoes; but can be shot down like aircraft.

27) proximity spotting removed.

28) Torpedo damage permanently reduces ship speed regardless of class.

29) crews of sunk friendly ships can be Recovered after a set time period to boost Warship consumable reload and small caliber reload speeds.

30) Helicopters as a consumable option. Helicopters can be used for recovery of friendly crews or ASW, or spotting certain distances from the ship.

31) proximity AA fuses for all Allied vessels from t7-11.

Delayed rendering of vision for new hydro/radar modules.

32) Hydro made a hull module that can be disabled/destroyed.

33) Damage control can be used on nearby friendly ships to extinguish fires, repair modules or stop flooding.

34) ships with split engine rooms have an natural last stand ability.

35) Repair party can be used on friendly ships at a % reduced proficiency.

36) buffed torpedo damage reduction for the North Carolina to ~45%.

37) Des Moines/Salem MB weapons made DP and given 300 AA damage with 75% accuracy and 9km range and 5000 flack damage.

38) Atlanta class CLs get a in universal 4s reload.

39) Atlanta gains access to hydro in a separate slot.

Edited by Crokodone
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

God willing, I would add

1) Hedgehogs and ASROC launcher to the Forest Sherman and Hedgehog carrying ships.

2) Increased ranged and targetability for rocket launcher ASW ships.

3) Make radar a passive physical module on every radar equiped ship that renders the base detection range of every ship in proximity to the radar vessel through LoS. Being a module (like a turret/rudder) that radar can now be disabled or destroyed by fires and projectiles.

4) animate secondary fire control directors.

5) render MB fire control directors as a superstructure module that can be damaged or destroyed. The director, as they do in port dictate MB range. A ship with damaged fire control has its base ranged reduced to it's base surface detection range.

4) AP/SAP shells can cause flooding on all ships.

5) flooding causes Submarines to gradually sink, if they sink below maximum depth their destroyed regardless of remaining health.

6) straddles cause small amounts of damage that can be 90% healed.

Hioming torpedoes can only travel 50% as fast as gyroscopic torpedoes and are available to only t8+ subs 

7) would add t2-4 Submarines.

😎every ship type has access to heal.

😎 Functional Bow mounted Torpedo tubes on relevant ships 

9) curving torpedo arcs on all gyroscopic torpedoes, DD, cruiser and Submarines.

10) historical aircraft for CVs.

11) historical munitions for CV squadrons.

12) CVs have to launch and recover Squadrons in the order they are arranged.

13) CVs can rearrange squadrons under a penalty during battle.

14) CV squadrons can carry different munitions; but under different quantities for different aircraft.

15) aircraft endurance

16) Historical Jet Aircraft for T10 CVs.

17) United States replaced with USS Forestall.

18) Bolao promoted to a Coal Premium.

19) USS Tang replaces Bolao at T10.

20) periscope depth speed made uniform with submerged speed.

21) submarine depth reduces torpedo/depth charge damage.

22) Snorkel made an Axis consumable until T10.

23) Submarine surface detection range returned to Vessel Mast height instead of class and length.

24) remove Submarine hydrophones and replace with Hydro consumables.

25) hydro detection range of subs be made dependent on submarine depth.

26) Smalland's guided missiles be made functional in lue of her Torpedoes; but can be shot down like aircraft.

27) proximity spotting removed.

28) Torpedo damage permanently reduces ship speed regardless of class.

29) crews of sunk friendly ships can be Recovered after a set time period to boost Warship consumable reload and small caliber reload speeds.

30) Helicopters as a consumable option. Helicopters can be used for recovery of friendly crews or ASW, or spotting certain distances from the ship.

31) proximity AA fuses for all Allied vessels from t7-11.

Delayed rendering of vision for new hydro/radar modules.

32) Hydro made a hull module that can be disabled/destroyed.

33) Damage control can be used on nearby friendly ships to extinguish fires, repair modules or stop flooding.

34) ships with split engine rooms have an natural last stand ability.

35) Repair party can be used on friendly ships at a % reduced proficiency.

36) buffed torpedo damage reduction for the North Carolina to ~45%.

37) Des Moines/Salem MB weapons made DP and given 300 AA damage with 75% accuracy and 9km range and 5000 flack damage.

38) Atlanta class CLs get a in universal 4s reload.

39) Atlanta gains access to hydro in a separate slot.

Any thing else? 😂

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Type_93 said:

Why are you trying to be a gate keeper?  I see mostly players with thousands of battles that still don’t understand how to play effectively. You may want to look in the mirror before making a post like that. 

im more a co-op player than a random or rank players  because of it  mr perfect hair 

4 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

So imagine this: you're a brand new player in the game and you read in the news and on the forums that a very powerful and popular ship is being removed tomorrow. But you can't buy it and put it away until you're ready because @Gaelic_knight said so. You will never have that ship without hideous levels of Santa whaling because @Gaelic_knight said so. 

Can't you see where this leads?

i know where your going but  you have to  many new players that come into randoms even co-op that have no idea what there doing and expect everyone else to carry them  . thats why i dont do many random or rank battles any more 

18 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

i know where your going but  you have to  many new players that come into randoms even co-op that have no idea what there doing and expect everyone else to carry them  . thats why i dont do many random or rank battles any more 

I don't think new players have expectations of being carried to a win.  They may hope their team carries then to a win but they are just trying to stay alive and contribute to that win.  I also think it's okay to acquire ships outside of your current skill range ie. higher tiers because when you do gain sufficient skills it's really awesome to have that bad-ass ship that no one can get anymore.  I really like the Nelson, Lenin, etc. now that I know how to play them.  I have the Plymouth and eventually, when I can establish sufficient communication with my team mates, it will be a whole bunch of fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Gaelic_knight said:

know where your going but  you have to  many new players that come into randoms even co-op that have no idea what there doing

How is that any different than players with thousands of battles who do the same? I see this more in “experienced” players than new ones. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gillhunter said:

Any thing else? 😂

??? Conning tower Module...

A) Surface Combatants: if disabled increases consumable CD and rudder shift time by 30% and eliminates the ability to relay or receive spotting information to or from friendly ships and Radar and Hydro are automatically disabled until repaired. Like the engine rooms, can only be disabled, not destroyed. 

B) CVs, disabling the conning tower increases the preparation time of Squadrons and increases squadrons regeneration time and secondary and AA efficiency by 30% and prevents the use of Damage Con.

C) Submarines: Causes loss of depth and rudder control and prevents the firing of torpedoes and relaying and receiving information.

ASDIC Module: Available to Allied DDs from T6-11 and Axis ships from T8-11; Detects Submerged objects out to 10km through a 70° come from the bow of the ship regardless of depth or category. Subject to Damage or destruction.

P.S

There's plenty of features that can be added without rendering the Arcadulator a real simulator.

Edited by Crokodone

I know this is a small thing but when a torpedo can only be seen at hundreds of meters, as little as 700 or 600 not sure when you consider a ship is twice as big as real-life things get sad.  What do i mean a battleship is 300 meters or more in real life, so 600 or more in game fine. 

Now say the enemy has torpedo detection down to 600 meters detection is from the center of the ship.  That means that if the torp hits the nose of the ship, you will at best see it half the length of your ship away.   At that point it feels more like spite so please let me at least see the torps a minimum of a ship's length away. 

People may say but a torpedo is tiny and underwater, tens of feet long and less than two wide.  It is not the body you are spotting it's the wake which is massive and there are people with binoculars looking for them.

what would i add, maybe more personal banners/personal banners for each captain.  It could be i know they are tiny but any way i can make my ship my ship is a good thing.  It also money on the table.

What would i ban, well it is too late for Xbox but a monthly subscription like fallout 76 and apparently legends on the Xbox.  Yeah it is not the worse but that's how it starts good value for money then it gets worse and worse.  The base game just goes down the drain just to force you to subscribe.

Edited by kriegerfaust

10 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

A small reminder, if I may. FF was removed prior to the mangled implementation of the subs.

You're entirely correct.

However the only significant change which took place near to the removal of friendly fire was the implementation of subs.

While my recollection may be faulty, I recall nothing else which could rationally be a reason for removing friendly fire from the game at that time. It was a well developed mechanism and had been adjusted so that the ship(s) which did friendly fire were penalised for it, but not so much that an accidental FF incident would cripple you.

In short you had to be deliberately doing damage to a friendly before it was a problem OR you had to be reckless with your torp spam.1 That being the case what could cause WG to remove FF completely with no long term build up or justification?

1. Which is now the rule rather than the exception.

• Like 1