Tomorrow I will add eight or more ships to my port for the total price of $0.00. Being upset at players like me is unreasonable.

Helstrem

He's saying his time has no value. I can work a week and buy a kitakami with fxp vs the 4-5 years you played to now waste your resources lol.

7 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I just spent 30k community tokens myself, they added the WV 44 to that crate. 

I got her when she was available at discount with event tokens, otherwise I would have done the same before starting to open Christmas boxes. One of the first things I did when this patch hit was to make sure I had everything in the T5 and T7 boxes.

7 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

He's saying his time has no value. I can work a week and buy a kitakami with fxp vs the 4-5 years you played to now waste your resources lol.

You can do that because you've put in the hard yards and you have enough elite commander XP to convert. 

12 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I just spent 30k community tokens myself, they added the WV 44 to that crate. 

I'll buy a Tier VII container next week.

12 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

Time has value.  I don't break down my leisure activities into $s.  That seems very crude and base to me.  Disgusting even.

On 12/13/2023 at 6:10 PM, slokill_1 said:

Looked it over.  Didn't want to spend any resources 0n the available botes - nothing really interesting to me except maybe the TX Brit CA, but the French BB playstyle I really like for the French BB's, maybe not so much for cruisers.

Anyway, I decided to just get the 4 Big Santa Boxes for 57K coal or whatever.  I got the 

Hood on the 1st box, was it 1,500 doubloons? on the 2nd, and the  Duplex on the third.  Very pleased.

Darn! Darn! Darn! Darn! I used coal and resource points to get to the Defence.  It's a fun bote.

• Like 2

On 12/13/2023 at 6:03 PM, Helstrem said:

It isn't about the power of the ship.  Puerto Rico isn't staggeringly powerful either.  Some players just really don't like seeing players pay what they see as exorbitant prices.  Some go further than that and actively oppose any payment to WG, but they are much rarer.

Whales in most games are looked down upon, despite being the reason these free to play games even exist, because many free to play games are explicitly pay to win.  This causes all whales to have the whiff of "couldn't make it on their own merit so they bought their way" on them, even in games like WoWS that aren't really pay to win.  In the case of this event the prices are so high, because it is intended to drain stored up resources from long term players, that it looks like a whale event to a lot of players.

The thing about OG Puerto Rico is that it felt like you could bring 2 BBs to clan battles as I recall.  That was the big “objection”.  It kinda was, too 🙂

The limit was 1 BB at the time.  I didn’t care 🙂 

I also had the original and had a few random -karma, but nowhere near the original Smolensk.

1 hour ago, Arcusaesopi said:

but nowhere near the original Smolensk.

I can count my PvP Smolensk games on one hand for this reason. I got it on release day, for one reason and one only, to hear the screams of the bots as I incinerated them at 19km out. Now that's down to 16km and change, but it's still fun.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2023 at 4:03 AM, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

I never got any crap for having Puerto Rico or any other rare ship in this game.

That’s because you used to be Chancellor of Germany in the ‘70s or ‘80s.