Tomorrow I will add eight or more ships to my port for the total price of $0.00. Being upset at players like me is unreasonable.

Helstrem

Just now, Col_NASTY said:

Yep!! I know!   I'm glad I have all the ships on the list for the year because I am not buying anymore Megas. My luck i'll get a 180 PT 🤪

Still may get it from the free ones though. That will be HILARIOUS!!

you-cant-make-this-stuff-up-hands-up.gif

I bought one more 8 pak of $3 crates because I wanted the little tree tokens to get the white camo for Alaska. What did I get...

spacer.png

I mean seriously come on LOL. That is actually a great haul for $21 and just 8 crates value wise. Would have been 2 ships. So worth it but now I am at...

spacer.png

tenor.gif?itemid=9030740

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Well, if you really really want to whale… SeaLordMountbatten just estimated that it would take about $1800 US to convert Ship XP to FXP so you can reset the Harugumo line the 18-ish times it’ll take to get the Kitakami via research bureau points.  😄 

I’ll pass on that… should have enough steel for the Lauria after I finish the T-8 grind (with coupon).  

I’ll probably have enough Coal and Premium time for the Defense by the end of the season and Dockyard… might be worth it to me, but I’ll wait to see more reviews.

good luck to everyone who is contemplating this mess  🙂 

22 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

If Il'm not mistaken, then those who buy this.....

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/naval-legends-cruisers-preorder/

.....also get a Kitty. So..... the event wasn't just for resources.

Unrelated,  this is one way to properly monetise the game. I mean the book. And there was also a duckling capt offer in the past, which also counts as such.

I heard that also on one of the official streams, but I think it was only for the Admiral’s pack if I’m recalling it correctly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Well, if you really really want to whale… SeaLordMountbatten just estimated that it would take about $1800 US to convert Ship XP to FXP so you can reset the Harugumo line the 18-ish times it’ll take to get the Kitakami via research bureau points.  😄 

I’ll pass on that… should have enough steel for the Lauria after I finish the T-8 grind (with coupon).  

I’ll probably have enough Coal and Premium time for the Defense by the end of the season and Dockyard… might be worth it to me, but I’ll wait to see more reviews.

Yeah, I did the math on it a few days ago on Reddit when someone was saying this will be whaled by everyone (NO, NO it won't) and it is $1800-$2000 USD to do it with PT and converted FXP for RB resets or all FXP for RB resets.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Yeah, I did the math on it a few days ago on Reddit when someone was saying this will be whaled by everyone (NO, NO it won't) and it is $1800-$2000 USD to do it with PT and converted FXP for RB resets or all FXP for RB resets.

That's a lot of real money......yikes..!  I simply had over 2 million in coal and still have over 500K left....  And, as an IJN main, I really wanted the kami....  The others I played today and had fun with them.

So, everything else has not been touched and won't be till Coal gets back to 1 million.  Then, it's the Sigfried for RP....

19 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

But I don't want to die....

If I buy these ships using my in game earned resources and $0.00, no problem, wife just thinks it is a silly game.

If I spend $1800 to get these ships wife probably kills me.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

But I don't want to die....

If I buy these ships using my in game earned resources and $0.00, no problem, wife just thinks it is a silly game.

If I spend $1800 to get these ships wife probably kills me.

That would be a likely outcome here as well… we may be commanders and captains but never surprise the Admiral.

😄 

• Like 1

Im getting the feeling you want people to get upset at you and youre resources? Why would anyone care about an extra Scharnhorst, I got min yesterday.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Im getting the feeling you want people to get upset at you and youre resources? Why would anyone care about an extra Scharnhorst, I got min yesterday.

This^^^^^ I got the extra Scharnhort yesterday also.

48 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I bought one more 8 pak of $3 crates because I wanted the little tree tokens to get the white camo for Alaska. What did I get...

I have an Alaska B. Do you know if I can use the white camo for the Alaska B?

6 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Nobody cares about Scharnhorst '43.  Pretty much all active players will get her.

There have been hostile comments about Defense and Kitakami though, generally along the lines that they are a scam (they aren't, the prices are plain, just expensive) and that only ultra-whales will get them, which is also inaccurate.

2 minutes ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

I have an Alaska B. Do you know if I can use the white camo for the Alaska B?

Nope. B ships are considered separate ships and can’t use camos for the regular ones just like the regular version can’t use the B camo. Sorry. 😩

19 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Nobody cares about Scharnhorst '43.  Pretty much all active players will get her.

There have been hostile comments about Defense and Kitakami though, generally along the lines that they are a scam (they aren't, the prices are plain, just expensive) and that only ultra-whales will get them, which is also inaccurate.

But I just dont understand why anyone whould care? Defence looks pretty good but its no CV, Sub, Smolensk, Gato, Petro etc etc and Kita seems like a mega nerfed meeh ship that costs an arm and a leg. I met a supertester in one pre-patch and his T4 Kuma hull wasn't really a match for my Annapolis, you HE citadel that thing.

In the past 2-3 years I gotten:

• Smolensk
  • Malta
  • Black
  • U-4501
  • Marceau
  • Sherman 
  • Kearsarge
  • Groningen
  • Cossack
  • Kidd
  • Ohio
  • Vampire
  • Illinois

Totally for free (RB, Coal, Steel, free loot boxes) and ALL of these are really strong ships, some borderline OP ships. Nobody hated me for getting these for free and I haven't had the urge to make a tread about hating me for these.

You got the stuff to get them then get them.

24 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Agreeing to that point of view.  I just got both Scharnhorst and '43 after having to sink a bunch of Scharnhorst '43 along the way.  Most everyone will know how to contain a Scharnhorst now.  I went through the same thing with Petropavlovsk whereby the time I got that awesome ship it was banned from Clan battles and nerfed so; I missed the fun times. 

44 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Nope. B ships are considered separate ships and can’t use camos for the regular ones just like the regular version can’t use the B camo. Sorry. 😩

Bummer. WG lost a sale then.

22 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

But I just dont understand why anyone whould care? Defence looks pretty good but its no CV, Sub, Smolensk, Gato, Petro etc etc and Kita seems like a mega nerfed meeh ship that costs an arm and a leg. I met a supertester in one pre-patch and his T4 Kuma hull wasn't really a match for my Annapolis, you HE citadel that thing.

It isn't about the power of the ship.  Puerto Rico isn't staggeringly powerful either.  Some players just really don't like seeing players pay what they see as exorbitant prices.  Some go further than that and actively oppose any payment to WG, but they are much rarer.

Whales in most games are looked down upon, despite being the reason these free to play games even exist, because many free to play games are explicitly pay to win.  This causes all whales to have the whiff of "couldn't make it on their own merit so they bought their way" on them, even in games like WoWS that aren't really pay to win.  In the case of this event the prices are so high, because it is intended to drain stored up resources from long term players, that it looks like a whale event to a lot of players.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

It isn't about the power of the ship.  Puerto Rico isn't staggeringly powerful either.  Some players just really don't like seeing players pay what they see as exorbitant prices.  Some go further than that and actively oppose any payment to WG, but they are much rarer.

Whales in most games are looked down upon, despite being the reason these free to play games even exist, because many free to play games are explicitly pay to win.  This causes all whales to have the whiff of "couldn't make it on their own merit so they bought their way" on them, even in games like WoWS that aren't really pay to win.  In the case of this event the prices are so high, because it is intended to drain stored up resources from long term players, that it looks like a whale event to a lot of players.

I would actually LOVE to see the majority of the playerbase going for Kitakami, this would mean there would probably be less of the more powerful Coal/steel ships around and also less of all the soon upcoming figment of WG imagination ultra broken ships released for same resources as well if they already spent it on Kita.

I dont really see how spending ingame currency that is free would affect anyone, since we all do it. 

@OP Good for you, although personally I don't mind either way.  As far as I'm concerned, they're your resources & you spend them on what you please.

Enjoy your new ships!  : )

• Like 1

Looked it over.  Didn't want to spend any resources 0n the available botes - nothing really interesting to me except maybe the TX Brit CA, but the French BB playstyle I really like for the French BB's, maybe not so much for cruisers.

Anyway, I decided to just get the 4 Big Santa Boxes for 57K coal or whatever.  I got the 

Hood on the 1st box, was it 1,500 doubloons? on the 2nd, and the  Duplex on the third.  Very pleased.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2023 at 3:07 PM, Helstrem said:

I have obtained 52 ships so far this year.  Tomorrow I will add at least 8 more (Elli, Francesco Ferriccio, Scharnhorst '43, Carnot, Defense, Kitakami, Ruggiero di Lauria, Slava) and whatever comes out of the 10 Santa's Mega Gifts and 1 Santa's Big Gift containers I will get.  Yes, this will pretty much take all my resources, but I have decided to have a fun day and get a bonanza of ships.  This will be, by far, the most ships I've added in a single day that I have ever had and I've played since Closed Beta.  I aim to enjoy it.

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grapes people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves.  They didn't hoard my resources, they don't get a say in how I spend my resources.  I will not be alone in spending hoarded resources tomorrow.  I hope everybody gets enjoyment out of their choice to spend, or not to spend, their saved up resources.

sailor-moon-okay.gif.dce9cc42c90e9e560b79fbb998d449b4.gif

You do you! 😄

16 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I've run the numbers and I have nowhere near enough resources to get the Kitakami. I looked at the ships I would have had to NOT get in order to obtain her and realized that I would probably have needed a year's warning of her advent and her price in order to not buy those ships. C'est la vie.

I've looked at the other ships on offer - if I went all-in with coal, steel and premium time I could get all three, 

I'd have expected you to have a pretty big surplus of resources by now. 

General Topic Portion:

There isn't a coal ship available right now that is a must have for me, so I'm considering dropping a ton of coal for it. 

I for one am glad my hoarding tendency will pay off, I think I'll be dropping about 24k RB points and 1 million+coal. Unless I pull a bunch of premium time when I go through my crates. I will still have 750k coal, all my steel and 150k RB and at least 2 years of premium time. 

But I may wait until the last snowflake day or even the last day Feb 7th to decide. 

1 hour ago, GandalfTehGray said:

General Topic Portion:

There isn't a coal ship available right now that is a must have for me, so I'm considering dropping a ton of coal for it. 

I for one am glad my hoarding tendency will pay off, I think I'll be dropping about 24k RB points and 1 million+coal. Unless I pull a bunch of premium time when I go through my crates. I will still have 750k coal, all my steel and 150k RB and at least 2 years of premium time. 

But I may wait until the last snowflake day or even the last day Feb 7th to decide. 

Elli seems OK.  Francesco Ferruccio seems very good.  I haven't played Defence yet, but all three review videos on it produced excellent matches, even Maltese Knight who was saying he thought the ship would be crap before he got deep into the match.  I expect Kitakami to be overly specialized and a port queen, collector's ship.

9 hours ago, GandalfTehGray said:

I potentially could, but WG keeps on offering ships that interest me so I keep on using them!

That's what they're for, isn't it? 😁

Details below the cut, if you're interested.

Spoiler

Currently sitting on nearly 400,000 coal and I expect to break that easily once I finish the snowflakes. At the moment there's nothing I want to spend it on, but given that Lauria is a steel boat then Sicilia might yet be coal, so it's worth setting that aside. 

Steel will probably be around 22K when done, which would allow me to get any ship up to Austin, but I might hold off until I've technically got enough for anything and then make the choice when I have a full spread to choose from. So that will also be gone again soon.

RP is only 24,000 because I recently picked up the Druid and I'll probably be looking at Colbert next, but I need to wait until I've built up more FXP because that's how I roll in the research bureau (currently don't have enough for even one reset). Once I have all the ships I want, then I will start buying unique upgrades. That's never going to be high because I choose not to endlessly regrind the way someone like Zath does. 

I'm sitting on about 68,000 Community Tokens but that's because I already have all the Tier 5 and 7 crate ships and I'm not going to spend them on Tier 2-4 crates just for the sake of having a gazillion near-identical Russian armoured cruisers. I'm keeping them back for when a new T5 or T7 gets added to the crates, or when we get an early access event that requires me to spend them. 

Credits just keep getting better and better, though - I'm at a personal all-time high of 170 million right now. I used to be near-broke, but I decided some budgeting and saving needed to happen.  Not sure if I'll ever hit a billion before the game ends (may that sad day be a long way off), but we'll see.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

I potentially could, but WG keeps on offering ships that interest me so I keep on using them!

That's what they're for, isn't it? 😁

Details below the cut, if you're interested.

Hide contents

Currently sitting on nearly 400,000 coal and I expect to break that easily once I finish the snowflakes. At the moment there's nothing I want to spend it on, but given that Lauria is a steel boat then Sicilia might yet be coal, so it's worth setting that aside. 

Steel will probably be around 22K when done, which would allow me to get any ship up to Austin, but I might hold off until I've technically got enough for anything and then make the choice when I have a full spread to choose from. So that will also be gone again soon.

RP is only 24,000 because I recently picked up the Druid and I'll probably be looking at Colbert next, but I need to wait until I've built up more FXP because that's how I roll in the research bureau (currently don't have enough for even one reset). Once I have all the ships I want, then I will start buying unique upgrades. That's never going to be high because I choose not to endlessly regrind the way someone like Zath does. 

I'm sitting on about 68,000 Community Tokens but that's because I already have all the Tier 5 and 7 crate ships and I'm not going to spend them on Tier 2-4 crates just for the sake of having a gazillion near-identical Russian armoured cruisers. I'm keeping them back for when a new T5 or T7 gets added to the crates, or when we get an early access event that requires me to spend them. 

Credits just keep getting better and better, though - I'm at a personal all-time high of 170 million right now. I used to be near-broke, but I decided some budgeting and saving needed to happen.  Not sure if I'll ever hit a billion before the game ends (may that sad day be a long way off), but we'll see.

I just spent 30k community tokens myself, they added the WV 44 to that crate.