Tomorrow I will add eight or more ships to my port for the total price of $0.00. Being upset at players like me is unreasonable.

Helstrem

13 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I have obtained 52 ships so far this year.  Tomorrow I will add at least 8 more (Elli, Francesco Ferriccio, Scharnhorst '43, Carnot, Defense, Kitakami, Ruggiero di Lauria, Slava) and whatever comes out of the 10 Santa's Mega Gifts and 1 Santa's Big Gift containers I will get.  Yes, this will pretty much take all my resources, but I have decided to have a fun day and get a bonanza of ships.  This will be, by far, the most ships I've added in a single day that I have ever had and I've played since Closed Beta.  I aim to enjoy it.

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grapes people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves.  They didn't hoard my resources, they don't get a say in how I spend my resources.  I will not be alone in spending hoarded resources tomorrow.  I hope everybody gets enjoyment out of their choice to spend, or not to spend, their saved up resources.

Not sure that pre-empting hate and countering it with your own negativity ('They can go stuff themselves') - is the best way to look at the situation my friend?

I have the resource, but choose not to buy the Kitakami, it would just sit in my port for the 2 years before it comes out again cheaper (being played only for the snowflake events or similar). I will be spending some resource on the other ships, as I consider that purchase reasonable - for me.

And that's the thing, each of us have our own lives, our own thoughts, and a way of measuring what we think is reasonable. If you are in a position to spend something you earned, on something you think is worth it...go be happy and spend my friend. The world we live in can be a strange one at times 🤪 and we all need to carve out that bit of happiness when we can - so go spend and enjoy! I also hope others will be happy to see someone in a position of good fortune and be happy for you - but if they don't, take time to wish them well (or at least think it lol), as if all they can do is be negative over someone else's good fortune, they may be in a place that needs understanding.🙁

I really hope you enjoy your ships 😀 <O

Edit: (and thank you, I'm now a Forum 'Explorer!' ☺️)

Edited by WaveRider
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Not sure why you felt the need to make this thread, OP.

All I can tell you is that nobody actually cares. I never got any crap for having Puerto Rico or any other rare ship in this game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, __Helmut_Kohl__ said:

Not sure why you felt the need to make this thread, OP.

All I can tell you is that nobody actually cares. I never got any shit for having Puerto Rico or any other rare ship in this game.

Well.....we all have our own..... dislikes. Not all people are  created the same. 

46721D76-957C-425A-9701-8D106F1B2173.gif

12 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

This is starting to remind me of the mess we had with the 1st Puerto Rico dockyard where those with the ship were harassed endlessly (literally it went on for more than a year before easing up).

I don't think Kitakami will draw the same level of ire Puerto Rico did.

The first Puerto Rico dock yard event was not very well explained when it went active.  Progress on the dock yard "sped up" the building completion, but there was a bit of math involved to figure out timelines for completion before the deadline.  The missions were cruelly demanding, particularly since it was Christmas.  A lot of players spent some money for boosters before the community spelled out in more clear terms what was going to be required to complete Puerto Rico.  In order to earn it for free, the very limited number of players to do it had to grind themselves into a pulp and choose the game over family during the holidays.  That event was very poorly thought out by WG and it enraged A LOT of players.  But, you could just bust out $250 and pay your way through the dock yard and get Puerto Rico.  Many players considered that a huge reward to WG for screwing up what was a brilliant concept.  If you had Puerto Rico at the end, players assumed you paid a lot to get it, thereby rewarding WG.

Kitakami won't have that level of anger behind it, except for the few who will throw childish tantrums because "it isn't FAIR that EVERYONE can't get it!  😭🤬💩 REEEEEEEEE!!!!"

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 3

Well, son of a gun.  I guess I do have enough resources for KItakami.

I would have to deplete my coal, Research Bureau points, premium time, and use 1/3 of my remaining steel.

Nothing for coal interests me.  Nothing for RB interests me.  I just bought the two steel ships that interest me.  But is it worth it for a meme ship that is even worthless in Co-op, and is a trophy ship at best?  For me, it will be a pass.

I got Elli, Ferruccio, and Defence without completely breaking me.  As a bonus, I got Tier 8 Rochester from one of the Big Santa crates in the first stage of Salvage for Victory: Kitakami.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I hope everybody gets enjoyment out of their choice to spend, or not to spend, their saved up resources.

I've run the numbers and I have nowhere near enough resources to get the Kitakami. I looked at the ships I would have had to NOT get in order to obtain her and realized that I would probably have needed a year's warning of her advent and her price in order to not buy those ships. C'est la vie.

I've looked at the other ships on offer - if I went all-in with coal, steel and premium time I could get all three, but I don't think they are worth that price.

IMHO Kitakami is really for those who have so many resources at any given time that they don't have to go looking for metaphorical pennies under the couch. It's like this: the first time I bought a house, I had to call in all my savings just for the down-payment; the second time around, I had half the cost in my pocket.

I will work on having a very large reserve of coal for when Kitakami comes back, assuming she is offered for the same price at that time. Hopefully, as with the Puerto Rico - which I obtained when WG offered a second shot at her under the current Dockyard system - I will get her down the road. 

I certainly bear those who get her no ill will. I hope they enjoy their prize.

As for the toxic ones, they can go lick the barnacles from a prison hulk.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grapes people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves.

Don't mind people who do that. It is none of their business what you do with your resources.

• Like 2

I don't see any correlation between this event and the PR dockyard. PR was the first time you could buy a tier 10 ship, something WG said they would never do. WG has been up front about this event being aimed at long time active players that have accumulated large quantities of resources.  

And done (that was a lot of Coal + 120 days PT)

spacer.png

Got 1500 Doubloons from 1 of the 4 Santa crates which was nice. I used the 120 days PT to get 2 stages as I had got 120+ days from crates prior and that raised me to 1927 days total as of this AM. Santa gave 90 of them back. I can't get rid of PT if I try. 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

And done (that was a lot of Coal + 120 days PT)

spacer.png

Got 1500 Doubloons from 1 of the 4 Santa crates which was nice. I used the 120 days PT to get 2 stages as I had got 120+ days from crates prior and that raised me to 1927 days total as of this AM. Santa gave 90 of them back. I can't get rid of PT if I try. 

Just, wow and congrats 🙂

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Just, wow and congrats 🙂

The bots better look out. 1st game in it in Co-op... 🤣

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Haha 5

I just couldn't get the Kita.  I even looked at getting it with the Camo but WOW another 300K Coal for a CAMO??  I don't feel that strongly about all the ships in my Port  LOL.

I know deep in my heart it would be a port queen and since I have all the other rares ( some I don't play ) it just didn't make sense to me.

If the Defence is worth it's name then this will be good enough for me. 

sryksdtyudtyk.thumb.png.1af8e4f4bce31511059f36867ddc78ac.png

• Like 1

I would get the additional camo if it was actually looking cool.

But it is really ordinary, just with some snow on top.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

I just couldn't get the Kita.  I even looked at getting it with the Camo but WOW another 300K Coal for a CAMO??  I don't feel that strongly about all the ships in my Port  LOL.

I know deep in my heart it would be a port queen and since I have all the other rares ( some I don't play ) it just didn't make sense to me.

If the Defence is worth it's name then this will be good enough for me. 

sryksdtyudtyk.thumb.png.1af8e4f4bce31511059f36867ddc78ac.png

If I empty out everything, I could get up to the Defense, but it's not worth it to me.  Got the 4 containers (3 of them credits), and may spend the coal/RP to get to the Elli, but I wont go further than that.

Thank you for going after Kitakami, everyone can't hoard resources like you even though we've been playing since live. Mean, I'll have to settle for that new U-4501 and maybe the USS Kidd if I get some doubloons from rewards. It's always a pleasure to see rare historical ships.

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The bots better look out. 1st game in it in Co-op... 🤣

spacer.png

spacer.png

Matrix torpedo beats deactivated!

6 hours ago, Nav999 said:

I don't see any correlation between this event and the PR dockyard. PR was the first time you could buy a tier 10 ship, something WG said they would never do. WG has been up front about this event being aimed at long time active players that have accumulated large quantities of resources.  

};( Which isn't fair for long time players that haven't accumulated hoards of resources. I haven't even unlocked every T-10 yet; and there's others. Kitakami should at least be an available Steel Ship with Shimakaze 20km torps, not some once in a universe billionier Scrooge McDuck technocrats. Kitakami is only a game changer against Bots...

@Col_NASTY

So, as said earlier I used 120 days of PT towards Kitakami. I was at 1927 days of PT after getting over 120 in Santa crates. So that puts me at...

spacer.png 

As said, I can't seem to get rid of it (last time I bought PT was a year - I had none at the time - in July 2017!!!).

So I just logged back in to the game after taking a break and what did I find waiting in port from WG?...

spacer.png

tenor.gif?itemid=15462173

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

Thank you for going after Kitakami, everyone can't hoard resources like you even though we've been playing since live. Mean, I'll have to settle for that new U-4501 and maybe the USS Kidd if I get some doubloons from rewards. It's always a pleasure to see rare historical ships.

43 minutes ago, Crokodone said:

};( Which isn't fair for long time players that haven't accumulated hoards of resources. I haven't even unlocked every T-10 yet; and there's others. Kitakami should at least be an available Steel Ship with Shimakaze 20km torps, not some once in a universe billionier Scrooge McDuck technocrats. Kitakami is only a game changer against Bots...

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.  Completely clueless, unfounded nonsense.

The resources I am spending I've saved up over a two and half year period.  I didn't whale them, if that is even really possible, and I don't play dozens of matches per day.  I reset the Harugumo line repeatedly without harvesting the points until it had a x16 multiplier.  Earlier this year I decided to harvest the RB points, intending to buy a bunch of RB ships, but Kitakami's event was announced before I spent those points and I changed plans.  Like you there are MANY tech lines I have not reached Tier X on, some I've not even reached Tier VI or VII.  Portraying me as some sort of Scrooge McDuck who whaled my way to these resources is blatantly incorrect.  You could have easily done the same as I did, just don't spend the resources as they come in.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

This is the kind of stuff I am talking about.  Completely clueless, unfounded nonsense.

The resources I am spending I've saved up over a two and half year period.  I didn't whale them, if that is even really possible, and I don't play dozens of matches per day.  I reset the Harugumo line repeatedly without harvesting the points until it had a x16 multiplier.  Earlier this year I decided to harvest the RB points, intending to buy a bunch of RB ships, but Kitakami's event was announced before I spent those points and I changed plans.  Like you there are MANY tech lines I have not reached Tier X on, some I've not even reached Tier VI or VII.  Portraying me as some sort of Scrooge McDuck who whaled my way to these resources is blatantly incorrect.  You could have easily done the same as I did, just don't spend the resources as they come in.

I didn't say it's impossible, everyone doesn't have the same schedule and those resources were meant for QoL. My point they should be treated that way. 

Just now, Crokodone said:

I didn't say it's impossible, everyone doesn't have the same schedule and those resources were meant for QoL. My point they should be treated that way. 

Obviously players who spent the coal and RB points I saved will have things I don't have.  That is their choice, as it should be.  All I am saying is the idea that players with these resources must all be whales or players who do match after match for hours per day is not accurate.  Some may be, but by no means all of us.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

@Col_NASTY

So, as said earlier I used 120 days of PT towards Kitakami. I was at 1927 days of PT after getting over 120 in Santa crates. So that puts me at...

spacer.png 

As said, I can't seem to get rid of it (last time I bought PT was a year - I had none at the time - in July 2017!!!).

So I just logged back in to the game after taking a break and what did I find waiting in port from WG?...

spacer.png

tenor.gif?itemid=15462173

Yep!! I know!   I'm glad I have all the ships on the list for the year because I am not buying anymore Megas. My luck i'll get a 180 PT 🤪

Still may get it from the free ones though. That will be HILARIOUS!!