Tomorrow I will add eight or more ships to my port for the total price of $0.00. Being upset at players like me is unreasonable.

Helstrem

I have obtained 52 ships so far this year.  Tomorrow I will add at least 8 more (Elli, Francesco Ferriccio, Scharnhorst '43, Carnot, Defense, Kitakami, Ruggiero di Lauria, Slava) and whatever comes out of the 10 Santa's Mega Gifts and 1 Santa's Big Gift containers I will get.  Yes, this will pretty much take all my resources, but I have decided to have a fun day and get a bonanza of ships.  This will be, by far, the most ships I've added in a single day that I have ever had and I've played since Closed Beta.  I aim to enjoy it.

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grapes people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves.  They didn't hoard my resources, they don't get a say in how I spend my resources.  I will not be alone in spending hoarded resources tomorrow.  I hope everybody gets enjoyment out of their choice to spend, or not to spend, their saved up resources.

Edited by Helstrem
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 1

3 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I have obtained 52 ships so far this year.  Tomorrow I will add at least 8 more (Elli, Francesco Ferriccio, Scharnhorst '43, Carnot, Defense, Kitakami, Ruggiero di Lauria, Slava) and whatever comes out of the 10 Santa's Mega Gifts and 1 Santa's Big Gift containers I will get.  Yes, this will pretty much take all my resources, but I have decided to have a fun day and get a bonanza of ships.

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grape people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves.  They didn't hoard my resources, they don't get a say in how I spend my resources.  I will not be alone in spending hoarded resources tomorrow.  I hope everybody gets enjoyment out of their choice to spend, or not to spend, their saved up resources.

Personally I'm undecided on the Defense but I will be getting the Elli and the FF.

I hope you enjoy the Kitakami but I played her when she was last available as a rental and she's a meme ship. I can't justify the coal I'd have to spend just for the bragging rights!

• Like 1

Just now, CFagan_1987 said:

Personally I'm undecided on the Defense but I will be getting the Elli and the FF.

I hope you enjoy the Kitakami but I played her when she was last available as a rental and she's a meme ship. I can't justify the coal I'd have to spend just for the bragging rights!

She'll be a port queen I am sure.  I have more than enough ships to play as it is.  New premiums become less and less appealing as I get more and more ships.  I'll get Kitakami purely from the collector standpoint.  If I wasn't in this position I'd probably stop at Defense.

• Like 3

I'm still on the fence... I really haven't been paying any attention to the cost of "buying everything..."  It is a shame because I have over 2 billion credits and no where to spend them.    Anyone have any idea how much it will take to simply buy up to the Kitakami?

thanks

• Helstrem changed the title to Tomorrow I will add eight or more ships to my port for the total price of $0.00. Being upset at players like me is unreasonable.
6 minutes ago, Asym said:

I'm still on the fence... I really haven't been paying any attention to the cost of "buying everything..."  It is a shame because I have over 2 billion credits and no where to spend them.    Anyone have any idea how much it will take to simply buy up to the Kitakami?

thanks

Kitakami is the 80th stage reward, Defense is the 40th stage reward.  Each stage costs either 19,000 coal or 2,400 RP points or 1,700 steel or 30 days of premium time (maximum 16 stages).

Cumulative.thumb.png.51e64cc0e3554b5bbecd7aaeffe45817.png

Edited by Helstrem
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy your ships man. Wish I had those resources, but with my playtime...

I played my T10 ships and from the containers I got Leipzig, Bearn, Aegir and Hallford. All of them very unique and interesting ships. All I can say thanks and also thanks for a month of premium time and bunch of other stuff.

Edited by nambr9
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

@HelstremYou play too much, man. 

No, not sour grapes.  Exhaustion.

Eh, I've played three matches in the last two days.  It varies.

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

I have obtained 52 ships so far this year.  Tomorrow I will add at least 8 more (Elli, Francesco Ferriccio, Scharnhorst '43, Carnot, Defense, Kitakami, Ruggiero di Lauria, Slava) and whatever comes out of the 10 Santa's Mega Gifts and 1 Santa's Big Gift containers I will get.  Yes, this will pretty much take all my resources, but I have decided to have a fun day and get a bonanza of ships.  This will be, by far, the most ships I've added in a single day that I have ever had and I've played since Closed Beta.  I aim to enjoy it.

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grapes people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves.  They didn't hoard my resources, they don't get a say in how I spend my resources.  I will not be alone in spending hoarded resources tomorrow.  I hope everybody gets enjoyment out of their choice to spend, or not to spend, their saved up resources.

Do you want us to be upset?  I can fake it…. 🙂 

thanks for posting the chart!  Glad to hear premium days are included… still have enough to max that out, but haven’t decided if I’ll dump resources on this…

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Do you want us to be upset?  I can fake it…. 🙂 

thanks for posting the chart!  Glad to hear premium days are included… still have enough to max that out, but haven’t decided if I’ll dump resources on this…

And that is all perfectly fine.  You hoarded your resources, only you have the right to decide what to do with them.

I am not looking for people to be upset, no, but I have seen quite a few posts here, on reddit and on YouTube of people expressing hostility.  This isn't even a whale event, as I noted it won't cost me a single penny.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Helstrem said:

Good for you man. I hope you get all the ships you want and enjoy the heck out of them.

Honestly, I have been on the fence about getting Kitakami or not because of the cost and the fact it will basically be a port queen. As a rule, I post very negative about these resource sink events (this is not a whale event despite some trying to call it that) and don't take part. I passed during the Champagne thing and I have only bid twice on commemorative flags in the Lighthouse auctions (and even that sickened me at the cost). I tend to say NO to WG's gimmicks to bleed me dry of resources.

But this is different. It is a unique ship being brought back from the deep for a limited time that may never come back. Only a limited # of players will be able to get it as well. The "rare" factor intrigues me even if the ship itself doesn't. But, with that said, I have still been trying to talk myself into it because it is a LOT of resources for a floating stink barge.

However, these people who are having fits and strokes over what other people will do with their game resources, attacking others, insulting them, and so forth have helped me make my decision. I am getting Kitakami 1st thing in the morning and those folks can 

Bite-Me-Gif-Picture.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I have been playing since Open Beta and don't have enough resources to get Kitakami.

I haven't spent much money on Dockyards for steel or other avenues that would pay out the necessary resources.

I did just buy Gato for steel as the last 25% coupon was about to expire, and R. Lauria for steel once that coupon renewed.  But that wouldn't have been enough steel to make up the difference for Kitakami, anyway.

I'm not too concerned about it.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I have been playing since Open Beta and don't have enough resources to get Kitakami.

I haven't spent much money on Dockyards for steel or other avenues that would pay out the necessary resources.

I did just buy Gato for steel as the last 25% coupon was about to expire, and R. Lauria for steel once that coupon renewed.  But that wouldn't have been enough steel to make up the difference for Kitakami, anyway.

I'm not too concerned about it.

Good for you.  I wouldn't personally spend steel on this either.  None of my steel will go towards a single Salvage for Victory stage. Steel comes too slowly for that.  I hope you enjoy both Gato (though personally I disagree with submarines being in the game at all, at least as modeled) and R. Lauria.

7 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

Good for you.  I wouldn't personally spend steel on this either.  None of my steel will go towards a single Salvage for Victory stage. Steel comes too slowly for that.  I hope you enjoy both Gato (though personally I disagree with submarines being in the game at all, at least as modeled) and R. Lauria.

Same here. Steel and RB pts are too hard to come by. Coal is super easy to get. I have almost 1.8 Million on hand and every Coal ship available and removed (other than the Sub and NO). I can get Kitakami for straight up Coal and still have enough for a new Coal ship if one dropped soon after; heck the same day.

I also have 1900+ days of PT (was finally under 1800 days a week or so ago and then Santa said here have 120+ days in your crates so back over 1900 I went LOL). Could use those 120 days to buy a couple stages and be right where I was pre-crates.

I would only use Steel or RB pts for this if you only needed a little bit or you had the equivalent hoard in that resource I do in Coal. I have 40K+ of each but won't use it for this.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

55 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

And that is all perfectly fine.  You hoarded your resources, only you have the right to decide what to do with them.

I am not looking for people to be upset, no, but I have seen quite a few posts here, on reddit and on YouTube of people expressing hostility.  This isn't even a whale event, as I noted it won't cost me a single penny.

People will get upset over anything these days.  Whales allow the F2P players the ability to play, and besides, as you said, it's up to the individual how they want to spend their resources.  I saw a very good post a while ago from a "whale" - he said he puts in like 60 hours a week at work, and uses the game to decompress, so that's where he puts his "resources".  I cannot begrudge him that at all (I just hope he is putting something into his retirement fund!!!).

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

People will get upset over anything these days.  Whales allow the F2P players the ability to play, and besides, as you said, it's up to the individual how they want to spend their resources.  I saw a very good post a while ago from a "whale" - he said he puts in like 60 hours a week at work, and uses the game to decompress, so that's where he puts his "resources".  I cannot begrudge him that at all (I just hope he is putting something into his retirement fund!!!).

Well said.

This is starting to remind me of the mess we had with the 1st Puerto Rico dockyard where those with the ship were harassed endlessly (literally it went on for more than a year before easing up). Didn't matter if you were one of the few who actually ground it 100% free, if you did a combo of play + grind, or you whaled it 100% you were all grouped together and harassed, insulted, etc... and accused of buying it 100% (so what if the person did??? but for many this is a sin to give one cent to WG even though without whales there is no game for the F2P people).

I got PR in the 1st dockyard and ground my arse off (in Co-op no less as I didn't play Randoms at all in that time frame) to get it with a little $$$ thrown in. I spent $63 USD on boosters or whatever they were called (wasn't starter packs back then in the OG dockyard) and then ground and ground and ground far enough to get the ship. I didn't finish every stage of that one "playing" (only dockyard I haven't) but I played deep into it to get the ship. $63 is less than a T9 Premium and I got a lot of other rewards along the way. But oh boy I was slammed left and right for having it. 

I see the same nonsense and infantile behavior beginning to appear with Kitakami. I think we will see very toxic chat with a lot of vitriol directed at players with the ship if forum posts are any indication. It is truly sad and pathetic how some folks act in games.

tenor.gif?itemid=11523020

• Sad 1

I’m that guy that buys signals with RB points, smoke/hydro/radar/engine boost upgrades with coal and coal ships with steel.  I’m happy to see people getting ships they want. I wish I could play enough to get those amounts of resources, but with ADHD and a work addiction, I just can’t play enough. Kudos for those of you that do!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

It's your resources you do whatever you want with them.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Helstrem said:

I expect there will be a fair number of sour grapes people who are hostile to seeing at least a couple of those ships in matches.  They can go stuff themselves. 

Talk about passive aggressive...

Just ignore those folks.

You do you.

No sense in making yourself grumpy about people that don't matter.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asym said:

thanks

If Il'm not mistaken, then those who buy this.....

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/naval-legends-cruisers-preorder/

.....also get a Kitty. So..... the event wasn't just for resources.

Unrelated,  this is one way to properly monetise the game. I mean the book. And there was also a duckling capt offer in the past, which also counts as such.

Personally I view this resource drain event as an IQ test.

One that I may yet fail. LOL

Because, as a collector, a whale who spent on Xmas crates to get the rare ships - the collector itch is driving me crazy. And I have the resources on hand as well.

Also, I too remember the OG PR vitriol in chat. I bought the 3 boosters 5 days after the event began (after watching the twitch stream where the wargaming guy explained that if you bought the boosters early you will only need to complete 3 of the 6 stages to secure the ship), so that is what I did, the PR landed in my port 4 days before the event ended.

I divisioned up with 2 of my clan mates, in co-op, all 3 of us playing the PR, and immediately someone began mouthing off at us - something to do with mommies credit card. Considering we were (are) all aged 50 to 70 years old - you can imagine what we told this bozo to do. [censored] [censored] [censored] 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Kitakami is the 80th stage reward, Defense is the 40th stage reward.  Each stage costs either 19,000 coal or 2,400 RP points or 1,700 steel or 30 days of premium time (maximum 16 stages).

Cumulative.thumb.png.51e64cc0e3554b5bbecd7aaeffe45817.png

It's actually 60 days PT for 1 stage with 16 stages available max. 960 days of PT to get all 16 stages.

https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/491

3 hours ago, Asym said:

thanks

What do you mean by "buy up to Kitakami"? Do you mean in resources or via real money?

If you mean resources (note that credits is not one of them and neither is FXP or doubloons - it's Coal, Steel, RB pts, and up to 16 stages using PT only) Helstrem gave you the chart above showing what it would cost for 1 individual resource (it doesn't list PT which can be used in a limited manner). You can go to the Devblog too and down near the bottom open the Rewards link under Event Information and the 4 flags image and it will show what you get vs what it costs there too as well as what the cost in each resource is for 1 stage...

This isn't a whale/real money event if you meant real money to buy it. WG has tried to limit real money usage for it. It CAN be purchased for real money if you have a big enough wallet but not directly. You can use PT to buy up to 16 stages max which is 960 days worth. You could then buy Doubloons to convert enough ship XP (if you have it) into FXP to do a ton of line resets in the RB to get enough RB pts to finish it off. I did the math on this in a post on Reddit and basically it would be like $1800-$2000.

You could also buy crates for Coal and try to get to 1.5 Million that way. Jutland Premium crates have the highest drop rate for Coal (10% and 7500 a drop). Assuming you actually had Coal drop at a guaranteed 10% rate, and not less which is entirely possible as the 10% chance is per crate not guaranteed 10% of all crates in a bundle will have Coal as some thought on Reddit, you would be looking at a bit over $5000 USD to get it. Santa crates are another option with all 3 crate types dropping Coal at a 7% chance. But the amount dropped (2500/7500/12,500) varies between them as does the crate cost. I haven't done math on that but I would say more than Jutland crates.

• Thanks 2

I may go all the way then stop at the Kitakami.  No interest.

Have plenty of resources but don't want to dump a ton then more cool stuff shows up.

Bugs me that they put a limit on the PT you can use.  I have 7 years now and would use 6 if I could.

Still on the fence about the rest.🤨

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

It's actually 60 days PT for 1 stage with 16 stages available max. 960 days of PT to get all 16 stages.

What do you mean by "buy up to Kitakami"? Do you mean in resources or via real money?

If you mean resources (note that credits is not one of them and neither is FXP or doubloons - it's Coal, Steel, RB pts, and up to 16 stages using PT only) Helstrem gave you the chart above showing what it would cost for 1 individual resource (it doesn't list PT which can be used in a limited manner). You can go to the Devblog too and down near the bottom open the Rewards link under Event Information and the 4 flags image and it will show what you get vs what it costs there too as well as what the cost in each resource is for 1 stage...

This isn't a whale/real money event if you meant real money to buy it. WG has tried to limit real money usage for it. It CAN be purchased for real money if you have a big enough wallet but not directly. You can use PT to buy up to 16 stages max which is 960 days worth. You could then buy Doubloons to convert enough ship XP (if you have it) into FXP to do a ton of line resets in the RB to get enough RB pts to finish it off. I did the math on this in a post on Reddit and basically it would be like $1800-$2000.

You could also buy crates for Coal and try to get to 1.5 Million that way. Jutland Premium crates have the highest drop rate for Coal (10% and 7500 a drop). Assuming you actually had Coal drop at a guaranteed 10% rate, and not less which is entirely possible as the 10% chance is per crate not guaranteed 10% of all crates in a bundle will have Coal as some thought on Reddit, you would be looking at a bit over $5000 USD to get it. Santa crates are another option with all 3 crate types dropping Coal at a 7% chance. But the amount dropped (2500/7500/12,500) varies between them as does the crate cost. I haven't done math on that but I would say more than Jutland crates.

Thanks for the reply...  No, not real money.  I have, as many older players do, have all sorts of "stuff" laying around....  I haven't spent very much in terms of steel;  or RP (which you helped me earn many years ago - thanks); nor, coal (well over 2 million in fact...) 

I simply was busy trying to get out there, sight in my hunting rifles and hunt....  That didn't go to plan because one of my children decided Haiti was a cool place to be and their entire family came back with RSV....ergo, we got contaminated and, I hunt with older friends so.......it's late season now that enough time has passed and I'm not carrying that nightmare....to share.   I missed most of the "news" and honestly, wanted to make sure that I knew what was going to work;  because, many of you actually pay attention a lot more than I have recently.

Now, tomorrow morning,  it comes down to "how much" is fun and value added....  Although, Siegfried is coming to port and I suspect I will spend a bunch of coal because, I am a IJN main and.............

Thank you again.

Edited by Asym
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1