Kitakami - possible bad impact on T8 (because of MM)?

WildWind84

1 minute ago, Helstrem said:

Sure, but that wasn't announced until after it was no longer available for purchase, so that doesn't really count.

I would say read the article. There is a reason why I crossed out the "was".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

I would say read the article. There is a reason why I crossed out the "was".

You misunderstood me.  WG did not say "Buy the top price edition and you'll get a Kitakami".  They said "Buy the top priced edition and you'll get a special, in game reward".  They didn't announce that the reward was Kitakami until after top edition had sold out.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, asalonen said:

Based on my initial random battle experience in the Kitakami, there's no good reason to take fire in a Kitakami. If it happens to you a lot, you're playing it wrong.

It's reasonably fast and has great concealment for a cruiser. Read the map, pay close attention to enemy radars, and stay mobile. Sometimes a DD or CV spots you, and then you pop the smoke, maybe pop the boost, and run.

My suspicion is that it will end up a ship with extreme difference in the performance of bad players versus unicums. It has the potential to be very strong when played well, and this makes it genuinely fun and exciting to play for a good player.

...and maybe an unpopular opinion, but I think it may be fine investment for the Research Points. On top of Defence it is 96 thousand Research Points, while offering a unique playstyle unlike the other tier 10's in the Research Bureau that cost around 60 thousand. I guess the question here is how much you value Elli, Ferruccio and Defence that are forced into the bundle.

Interesting, first, I'd be the bad player so I'd have to think about this long and hard. What I'm wondering is what kind of an impact would a bad player on Kitakami have on the battle. Mostly thinking here about will it affect red team gameplay in some way and will that be good or bad for my own team.

Defence not sure if I have much use for, but Elli and Ferruccio are in the operations bracket. No clue would they be good in that role, though.

• Like 1

Yesterday I was mostly of playing time (around 4 hours total) in TX. It was constant change - or our team had Kitakami or oponent. Result was: wich team had that ship - that team wins. I don't use MM monitor, haven't clue about knowledge of players, haven't even clue is it up to that ship or... I just say what happened.

3 hours ago, WildWind84 said:

Yesterday I was mostly of playing time (around 4 hours total) in TX. It was constant change - or our team had Kitakami or oponent. Result was: wich team had that ship - that team wins. I don't use MM monitor, haven't clue about knowledge of players, haven't even clue is it up to that ship or... I just say what happened.

Based on the teams I've seen the last week or two, I can't say the selection of ships has anything to do with that (what can you say about a battle where it ends with half your team still alive and a surviving Yamato in the lowest three earnings slots).

But as the cost of the ship requires resources only very experienced players have, I'd venture it is a combination of having a veteran aboard it and the panic/inexperience of those who don't yet know how to face one.  It will probably drop off, though the new changes coming to CVs will be a massive advantage to this ship.

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

but Elli and Ferruccio are in the operations bracket.

I just have been in an Asym. Battle and had the luck to play together with a very good, cooperative player in a "Elli". He did fantastically well in her. Due to that experience I'm really considering to get her.

• Thanks 1

I'm on my way to get "Defence", which gets great reviews, and I like both the look and play style. Since I'm a big "Collingwood" - and "Nottingham" fan (I know this will sound strange for many) "Defence" is fitting the bill perfectly. The CL Elli and Ferruccio are nice ones. Tried them out in Asym. Battles and was pleased with their performance so far. In particular with Italian "Ferruccio"