What is your opinion on new IJN BC line (Yumihari / Adatara / Bungo)?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

I am trying to grind the Yumihari in the Brawl and it is apsolutely terribad... I see no reason to play this ship at all after that... from tidbits of other players I hear that the IX & X are also bad...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

Bungo’s actually pretty decent imo and Adatara isn’t that bad. Yumihari was painful though. They have great accuracy, but the lower pen and damage is more of an issue for Yumihari than the other two. I had some good games in it, but the other two felt much more comfortable to play.

4 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I am trying to grind the Yumihari in the Brawl

That might be part of the problem to be fair. They’re pretty meh when you force them into closer ranges, and when it’s 1v1, you basically have to take a meta ship or you’re going to face one and probably lose.

• Like 2

Hi all,

8 minutes ago, GMMF said:

You can't bring a sniping ship into 1v1 fights and expect it to work

I have played the Tier VIII in Asymmetric Battles as well... I do kill 3-4 ships per game but to consider that ship "a sniper" is not accurate statement...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I am trying to grind the Yumihari in the Brawl and it is apsolutely terribad... I see no reason to play this ship at all after that... from tidbits of other players I hear that the IX & X are also bad...

I recently unlocked Yumihari and have been playing her in Asymmetric Battles. She’s not a terrible ship, but she does feel extremely underwhelming and more like tier 7.5 than a tier 8, which I suppose makes sense considering she is essentially a battlecruiser version of Nagato with all that entails. The guns are accurate but the shells themselves are disappointing. I’ve yet to test her against same-tier opponents, but I suspect without overmatch her guns are going to feel even worse.

My experience so far has confirmed the opinion I had going in based off the published stats and other players’ experiences: I really wish WG had done something a bit different and implemented a version of this ship at tier VII instead, making room in this new line for a reworked Amagi (which herself could have been replaced by Tosa, a much better fit for the classic BB line). Two extra guns would make a world of difference, IMO.

But al least the free camo from the collection looks nice. 😅

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

I have played the Tier VIII in Asymmetric Battles as well... I do kill 3-4 ships per game

In asym mode, you face bots, in brawls, you face humans. 

49 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

to consider that ship "a sniper" is not accurate statement...

Before I waste 15 minutes digging WG's description of the class, CC opinions, analyzing armor scheme and consumable gimmicks to prove an already proven point that the Bungo line is a tech line that recommends flanking & sniping, while having absolutely zero edge over the German BBs in a brawl. Indulge me why you think Yumihari can beat a German BB in a brawl. Or how is she going to survive a yolo DD, tanking cruiser's HE shells, and defend against CVs with her AA. And most importantly, if she isn't a sniper, what is she? 

Obviously, you can occasionally win a brawl but putting her into an environment that doesn't suit her, is just unfair. I do agree Yumihari looks underwhelming, but painting Adatara & Bungo as bad due to this, isn't how one should do in assessing a tech line, since both of them will also fail in t9/t10 brawls.

• Like 2
  • Bored 1

I'm at Adatara. Don't like them, the hulls eat massive damage from all angles due to shell catchers everywhere and bad armor. But it seems like the design is "sniper battlecruiser" which is something I absolutely don't care about. Maybe decent for people who really want to find the next map? Idk. 

4 minutes ago, Itwastuesday said:

I'm at Adatara. Don't like them, the hulls eat massive damage from all angles due to shell catchers everywhere and bad armor. But it seems like the design is "sniper battlecruiser" which is something I absolutely don't care about. Maybe decent for people who really want to find the next map? Idk. 

What I find really odd about these ships is the speed. 30 knots isn’t bad at tier VIII, but at tier IX and X it seems low for a squishy battlecruiser. 30 knots is pretty much standard for tier X BBs in general.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

What I find really odd about these ships is the speed. 30 knots isn’t bad at tier VIII, but at tier IX and X it seems low for a squishy battlecruiser. 30 knots is pretty much standard for tier X BBs in general.

Yeah. At least concealment is good. Normal speed makes sense if the design is a worthless A-line sniper, I suppose.

I haven't an opinion as I don't have any of these new Ijn BBs, however, I can see the Bungo being referred to, perhaps, as the 'Bunghole'.

For Bungo, Slava (when accuracy spotter is airborne), plus 30-mm plating overmatch, minus ballistics and raw penetration potential.

I like the new line. Yumihari is a bit on the weaker side, but Adatara and Bungo are really good.

My clanmate who dislikes new lines fell in love with the whole line. He said it's the most consistent and accurate line released recently.

PS: You really need to go heavy into the spotter mechanic to get results.

PPS: The curated build is good, but I'd swap Brisk for GtG as 51s turret traverse is just too slow.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 1

While the jury is still out on this one, I will try to get more out of Yumihari in pvp, so far tried a few asyms..meeh, shells are ice cream cones, and the ship feels like a GK sailing. Munches on damage like there is no tommorow, in general not a fan🤟

Had 4 matches with Yumi. Got up-tiered 3 times. Got top tier in the last one with nice matchmaking (no divs, no pro subs). I’d have made around 150k damage with a good battleship. Yumi delivered 102k. I spent 100k freeXP (plus the initial module research) to get over this road bump. Ada feels like a decent ship. Gifted her with a (free) perma camo and bonus package after our first (150k) date.

I thought they were junk based on watching people play them.

A tool is only as good as the user. I used FXP up to the T9.

Man these are accurate guns. It's basically dead eye on steroids once you launch the spotter.

Very satisfying, very nice guns. Easy to aim, nice travel without odd shell travel properties.

The ship is fragile, so unlike the brits or german battle cruisers, you'll be hiding most of the time. Pop the magic spotter and nuke people.

It's like slava but without the annoying overpens. If you like consistent guns and know how to position, this is a great.

How would I compare it?

As sweaty try hard as minotaur, but with BB guns and super dead eye magical spotter plane.

Pleasantly surprised.

• Like 1

Hi all,

I finished the grind of the Tier VIII Yumihari in Brawl... it was not easy but it was doable (and I didn't harm anyone by bringing that ship in game since it was 1 vs. 1)... in the end I even managed to kill (not Ram) the fully Secondary Massachusetts... I learned the ship... but I don't like her and I don't think she will be played...

shot-23_12.13_13_42.50-0447.thumb.jpg.0c277a61baf2a1a688eaf48e682c36ce.jpg

Leo "Apollo11"

29 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

in the end I even managed to kill (not Ram) the fully Secondary Massachusetts

I wonder what did that player do to get killed by Yumihari, in a brawl while piloting Massachusetts. Judging from my experience, it takes a while for Yumihari to kill even a stationary Massachusetts, not to say an actively playing one.

On 12/11/2023 at 9:40 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I have the Yumihari in my Port and have played her a few times.
Seems, "ho hum".  Neither good, nor bad, just kind-of 'meh'.

That said, I have more Commanders than I have ships.  Thus, additional Japanese ships in the game are welcome, as far as I am concerned.  🙂 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 9:40 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

They're really good at smashing cruisers otherwise they're ok.

Hi all,

5 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

I wonder what did that player do to get killed by Yumihari, in a brawl while piloting Massachusetts. Judging from my experience, it takes a while for Yumihari to kill even a stationary Massachusetts, not to say an actively playing one.

I was reasonably angled and firing full broadsides all time... he was constantly changing sides and that hampered his man battery despite excellent secondaries...

Leo "Apollo11"

Yall can stop debating it. The ultimate Bungo opinion is about to drop...

Whenever i get around to doing it.

6 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

A very speshul player indeed

On 12/11/2023 at 3:40 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Ground through T8 only good thing about her is that fuji camo, dont have the inclination to go through the T9 pain at this time, I mean having Musashi its like, well…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yedwy said:

Ground through T8 only good thing about her is that fuji camo, dont have the inclination to go through the T9 pain at this time, I mean having Musashi its like, well…

Tried to grind the Yumihari in Asymmetric Battle mode, after six battles I had accumulated a grand total of 23k ship XP. This is with green boosters, the permanent economic bonus package and clan bonus. Could't take it any more and used FXP to unlock the Adatara. Compared to Yumihari, the Nagato and Amagi feel tanky. Perhaps the mode isn't the proper mode to play this line. Will try Adatara tomorrow in Asymmetric Battle, if it is like Yumihari I'll just FXP to tier 10. Will not bother playing Yumi in a PvP mode.

The Mount Fuji camo is, I think, visually the most pleasing camo on any ship and I agree that it is the best thing about Yumi.

Edited by Sambo_Cigars