Kitakami First Impressions Video from PQ

Frostbow

I keep wondering if we should establish an over / under pool on how long WG keeps Kitakami and the other ships from this event locked in the WG vault...

Sure, claimed not to come back for two years...but given WGs history, and the non-enforceable nature of such a statement...

What do we think?

• Haha 1

Also on another note, PQ is a very suspicious person to gain information from. His builds and opinions on some things are just plain bad.

On 12/11/2023 at 10:52 PM, Helstrem said:

He also says Defense is extremely good.

Another Defense review:

The fact is that I will rarely play Kitakami.  However, I also have so many ships that no new ship is a big deal for me at this point.  I am more interested in having it as it will be an uncommon ship than I am in yet another Japanese Tier IX BB or what have you.  WG stated that Kitakami will not be available again for at least two years, maybe never.  I have no FOMO, as I stated, new ships aren't a huge draw, but having another rare ship in my port is appealing.

And thats perfect, fi you have those resources laying around, you do you!

Defence looks quite good actually, would probably go for it if it was normal Coal ship for normal price but even this isn't worth that cost imho. 

On 12/11/2023 at 10:58 PM, Andrewbassg said:

Yes, that's a good point, that's how I see it too. But it is also clear that she needs a team to help back her up. This way she could really shine. 

Yeah, that amount of Asashio torps can devastate a flank and even get lul-hits on a un-spotted carried. Dont know how many times I sank a carriers that I didnt even know was there with my Asashio. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Also on another note, PQ is a very suspicious person to gain information from. His builds and opinions on some things are just plain bad.

To be fair, he, like other CCs, explains the reasoning behind his builds, and pairs it with the disclaimer that it may not work most of the time.

One may find a certain build bad, another might find it good. It does not make any person, CC or not, 'suspicious', especially if the person clearly explains the reasoning behind it.

11 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I still think Jinan and Yodo would have an easier time 99% of the matches you're in. 

Correct. In my experience, particularly in the case of Yodo with a captain with the skills for torpedoes, and with a build for torpedoes, it can be a very fun experience.