Kitakami First Impressions Video from PQ

Frostbow

1 minute ago, UnrepentantSinner said:

Correct. 57.000 coal for the satan crates + 95.000 coal for the Elli + 152.000 coal for the Ferruccio = 304.000 Coal. I might get the Elli, even though it's a bad price, Ferruccio is much too expensive, if you don't pick it up on your way to Defence.

I was just looking at the videos of the Ferruccio and Defence. I think I may just get the Elli only now. Thanks for the confirmation Unrepentant. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Asym said:

Alas, I can 100% Gar-un-tee you that the nanosecond that ship is available, every whale or collector or torpedo enthusiast will donate plasma to own it......

The nanosecond.  We play with a collector and well, Picoseconds are a more accurate time measure for all collectors.  One or two of them on Discord playing OPs or ASB's can't contain the wait and are really, really frustrated right now !  

100% of them without will pull that trigger.......in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...........Wednesday no matter where in the world they live.

I actually do donate plasma and that is totally free, you even get juice packs and fresh baked cinnamon buns while laying hooked up the machine. I would rather say donate both their legs for the ship because that is almost what that insane price tag represents ..... for a nerfed to the ground Kita ... Ive seen the real OG version back in 2015.

Also new review from Trenlass, he calls it the worst ship in the game pretty much.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Frostbow said:

Potato Quality recently released a first impressions video on the Kitakami.

https://youtu.be/08edpUmeGXM

• AA Defense is at 9. This cruiser is literally CV food. 
  • Huge citadel also. 
  • Torpedoes can take time to reload.

I can get this ship on Wednesday, but just like the last time I gave it some thought, I still do not see the reason why. 

Get her so that if she ends up in crates, you won't pull her when you want a different gal. Smile_Default.gif.d8b2e8b4baf80f0d585be14bcc446355.gif

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Shooting your own CV 

Hmmm...........

DONT...... TEMPT.... ME.... Smile_smile.gif.054af9b329387282775b9db3

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Jakob Knight said:

Actually, if memory serves, the FF removal happened right before Kita went into testing.

Friendly fire was disabled mid-year 2021. Subs entered testing in Randoms a few months later.

Edited by Nevermore135
Corrected dates
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Friendly fire was disabled mid-year 2021. Subs entered testing in Randoms a few months later.

Wasn't Kita in testing for that period as well?  I remember thinking that WG had (as common sense would dictate) abandoned trying to reintroduce her after it was proven CVs made swiss cheese of her after the Rework, until we started getting notifications she was back in testing.

Clyde plays

I actually liked one thing he mentioned which I didn't see much in PQ and Trenlass videos, using the Asasio DW torps. If I had this ship I would probably play her just like a scrappy concealed Asashio with those Amazing 20 km torps. You could devastate a flanks BB base, specially now with new Japanese BB line being grinded.

But at the end I would probably rather play pre-flood-nerfed Shima

• Like 1

2 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I actually do donate plasma and that is totally free, you even get juice packs and fresh baked cinnamon buns while laying hooked up the machine. I would rather say donate both their legs for the ship because that is almost what that insane price tag represents ..... for a nerfed to the ground Kita ... Ive seen the real OG version back in 2015.

Also new review from Trenlass, he calls it the worst ship in the game pretty much.

He also says Defense is extremely good.

Another Defense review:

The fact is that I will rarely play Kitakami.  However, I also have so many ships that no new ship is a big deal for me at this point.  I am more interested in having it as it will be an uncommon ship than I am in yet another Japanese Tier IX BB or what have you.  WG stated that Kitakami will not be available again for at least two years, maybe never.  I have no FOMO, as I stated, new ships aren't a huge draw, but having another rare ship in my port is appealing.

• Like 3
  • Bored 1

48 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I actually liked one thing he mentioned which I didn't see much in PQ and Trenlass videos, using the Asasio DW torps. If I had this ship I would probably play her just like a scrappy concealed Asashio with those Amazing 20 km torps. You could devastate a flanks BB base, specially now with new Japanese BB line being grinded.

Yes, that's a good point, that's how I see it too. But it is also clear that she needs a team to help back her up. This way she could really shine. 

• Like 1

All of those negative reviews are clearly a sign the reviewers have no idea how the ship plays, and during the weekly stream we will see CMs shred in the ship. /S

The community will be had by that bote. I'm thinking about my popcorn toppings right now.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Asym said:

the nanosecond that ship is available, every whale or collector

.. or 'rube' will pony up the resources (or money) to get it. Wedgie is counting on this gimmick &, in fact, has offered it for those who are easily 'persuaded'.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

What an insult to the player base. It's a huge piece of crap. Surprise surprise, the ultimate symbol of 2023 wargaming: Very expensive turds, polished to perfection.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Subtle_Octavian said:

What an insult to the player base. It's a huge piece of crap. Surprise surprise, the ultimate symbol of 2023 wargaming: Very expensive turds, polished to perfection.

Kitakami's exposed citadel roof is very dangerous to the ship. And when a CV or a sub spots it... fun times ahead. LOL 

I think we can all agree that Kitakami will be pretty bad and that the asking price for the 80 stages (Santa crates + Eli + Ferrucio (sp?) + Defense + Kitakami) is ABSURDLY high (just like the Lighthouse Auctions and the Champagne event). It is what it is folks. This is a resource sink event not a whale event despite some trying to go there. The costs are so high because WG wants to bleed these huge resource stockpiles down many veteran players have. The target player for this is long time veterans with huge amounts of resources not whales.

I have the resources to do it with just Coal alone, and despite my usual aversion to these types of events, I will probably do it. Kitakami will be a very rare ship, it won't be back for at least 2 years (if ever), and I have every single Coal ship in game (current and removed - except the Sub as shown below - I don't do Subs). I have almost 1.8 Million Coal on hand right now with 100K+ still to harvest from flakes. There is also more incoming from the dockyard, holiday BP, the 3 daily crates I almost always get, etc...

What good does it do me to keep sitting on all this Coal? Isn't the whole reason we get these free earnable resources is so we can use them to buy stuff? If I have missed something here about how to use Coal, Steel, RB pts, etc... please enlighten me as to alternate uses for these resources besides buying stuff. Even if a new Coal ship dropped I would want the day after getting Kitakami (Rhode Island would be about it from what I have seen in Devblogs) I would still have enough Coal to get it. 

There is no real reason for me not to get Kitakami if I decide I want to and that doesn't make me a rube or easily persuaded. 

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

18 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

There is no real reason for me not to get Kitakami if I decide I want to and that doesn't make me a rube or easily persuaded. 

^^This^^ and more power to you @AdmiralThunder.

I am in pretty much the same situation as AdmiralThunder with available resources on hand.  Honestly, I have not ruled out getting the Kitakami yet, but I will admit I am having a hard time in the decision/justification process.  Although I think it may be a fun ship to play, I am not a collector of ships.  Right now, I have north of 250 ships, and to me, that is too many based on my play style and the type of battles I participate in.  Really the only upcoming ship I am truly interested in is Rhode Island, and even that will be a tough decision since I prefer DD and Cruisers.

Less subs, I also have all the coal ships.  Many are just sitting in port collecting barnacles until seasonal events or special battle types.

And with the Jinan in port, getting the Kitakami - as a justification for me - makes it all the more difficult to drop coal on this ship.  But who knows, maybe I'll join the ranks of new Kitakami owners, and on those occasions when I'm in a division cook up some torp soup for the red team and have a little fun.    Soups on boys!

coal3M.png.6d7aed60841afa2795e4df56b26f5f42.png  (I know, it's ridiculous)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

^^This^^ and more power to you @AdmiralThunder.

I am in pretty much the same situation as AdmiralThunder with available resources on hand.  Honestly, I have not ruled out getting the Kitakami yet, but I will admit I am having a hard time in the decision/justification process.  Although I think it may be a fun ship to play, I am not a collector of ships.  Right now, I have north of 250 ships, and to me, that is too many based on my play style and the type of battles I participate in.  Really the only upcoming ship I am truly interested in is Rhode Island, and even that will be a tough decision since I prefer DD and Cruisers.

Less subs, I also have all the coal ships.  Many are just sitting in port collecting barnacles until seasonal events or special battle types.

And with the Jinan in port, getting the Kitakami - as a justification for me - makes it all the more difficult to drop coal on this ship.  But who knows, maybe I'll join the ranks of new Kitakami owners, and on those occasions when I'm in a division cook up some torp soup for the red team and have a little fun.    Soups on boys!

coal3M.png.6d7aed60841afa2795e4df56b26f5f42.png  (I know, it's ridiculous)

LOL and I thought I had too much extra Coal. Good lord man LOL. Ok you beat me on the Coal so I raise you Premium Time days...

spacer.png

Yeah, Rhode Island is the only announced ship coming that will most likely be Coal/Stee/RB (doubtful as Doubloons as WG is still mostly trying to avoid T10's for cash) I have any interest in. It could be a dockyard ship too as another possibility but at this point we don't know. But even with it coming at some point I can get Kitakami and still have enough Coal, if it were offered for that, to get it and Kitakami at the same time.

At some point we need to use this stuff otherwise it is only useful for forum memes about mine is bigger than yours (hoard that is). 

giphy.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Now that Im down to less than a hundred snowflakes left, its clear that I will get it tomorrow. I will use the max Premium Time on the stages, and since I will have enough Steel and Coal left for 1 Steel and possibly 2 Coal ships left over, gotta splurge. 

• Like 1

Looking at the ship it just looks extremely underwhelming. Even if it was priced normally for coal I wouldn't get it. Let alone spending these massive amounts of different resources to get the ship is a horrible and bad idea. If you want a torpedo cruiser there's two much better options. Yodo and Jinan, Jinan is better out of the two and can deal damage much easier without the use of it's torpedoes as well.

• Like 3

Soo...the price tag is quite steep. Even for Defence....

deWaqjL.png

...yeah...

People with LOTS of PT be aware, you can use only 15% of your total. With all other resources one can go, of course,  "all in"....

14 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

deWaqjL.png

...yeah...

People with LOTS of PT be aware, you can use only 15% of your total. With all other resources one can go, of course,  "all in"....

Defense isn't bad. I did most of mine with coal and coal is like candy these days. So easy to accumulate fast. Big fan of super cruisers so I wasn't not getting her. 

I was dead set on getting Kita and then saw the gimped torp reload mechanic and the potential through the deck cits with 30mm HE pen. Still giving thought to that. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

deWaqjL.png

...yeah...

At least WG communicated that quite clearly this time. From the very first announcement of the event, they always stated that you can only unlock the first 16 stages with premium time.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

Looking at the ship it just looks extremely underwhelming. Even if it was priced normally for coal I wouldn't get it. Let alone spending these massive amounts of different resources to get the ship is a horrible and bad idea. If you want a torpedo cruiser there's two much better options. Yodo and Jinan, Jinan is better out of the two and can deal damage much easier without the use of it's torpedoes as well.

To be fair, I think the Kitakami can, in the right situations, deal spectacular damage and give the player amazing returns. Trenlass in his first impressions video did that, although he was quick to mention that it does not mean the Kitakami is great. I also noticed in that video, the battleship players played like paid actors, with one German BB with his hydro active, going near to the Kitakami to be dealt a devastating strike from the IJN cruiser's many torpedoes. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Defense isn't bad. I did most of mine with coal and coal is like candy these days. So easy to accumulate fast. Big fan of super cruisers so I wasn't not getting her. 

I was dead set on getting Kita and then saw the gimped torp reload mechanic and the potential through the deck cits with 30mm HE pen. Still giving thought to that. 

I was on the fence for Defence. But the good reviews and the unique features had me sold. \

The Kitakami was never in the cards. I just don't see the point of this ship.

36 minutes ago, Scrubby_McScrub said:

Defense isn't bad.

Yep. And I brought the bloody Christmas Tree14728F2B-B3A1-4254-850F-95D0D4BC5353.gif

C2UkyDj.png

Just joking ofc. Its actually quite neat

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Frostbow said:

To be fair, I think the Kitakami can, in the right situations, deal spectacular damage and give the player amazing returns. Trenlass in his first impressions video did that, although he was quick to mention that it does not mean the Kitakami is great. I also noticed in that video, the battleship players played like paid actors, with one German BB with his hydro active, going near to the Kitakami to be dealt a devastating strike from the IJN cruiser's many torpedoes. 

I still think Jinan and Yodo would have an easier time 99% of the matches you're in. 

• Like 1