I did not thin tkis was possible.

SeaQuest

I could be wrong but I did not think this was possible unless you bought a premium ship. Last I knew the Bis was not a premium ship. This person only played 1 coop battle after joining the game today and has the Bis. 

Explain 1.jpg

Explain 2.jpg

explain 3.jpg

Edited by SeaQuest
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

He used the Santa2023 code:

a1e855uexy4c1.jpg

Had a dude like him yesterday in a game. It was funny.

Well, thank you. I did not know that was in game at this time. I hear ya on the funny part. This guy died like real quick.

Edited by SeaQuest
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SeaQuest said:

Well, thank you. I did not know that was in game at this time. I hear ya on the funny part. This guy died like real quick.

like giving a ferrari to a guy who doesnt have driving licence

edit: WG thinks that is a great idea

Edited by Wulf_Ace
  • Like 2

Honestly, it makes no real difference. I routinely see players with thousands or even tens of thousands of battles throw games to their incompetence and stubbornness.

Just last night: a sub pushing into 3 enemies when we had the point lead; a Bayern pushing into a Bismarck; a California waiting for said Bismarck to catch up with her and melt her with her secondaries. I begged each of them to stay back and play safe, but a lot of players are just dumb. None of them accomplished anything but losing the game, it's like the enemy team hacked into their brain to make them play to their convenience.

Rant out.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

like giving a ferrari to a guy who doesnt have driving licence

edit: WG thinks that is a great idea

More like giving a loaded gun with the safety off, to someone who only saw guns on a screen.

• Thanks 2

28 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

More like giving a loaded gun with the safety off, to someone who only saw guns on a screen.

gaming companys have this all wrong. I didnt play warcraft ( before when it all started) beacouse blizzard decided to give me the last level  right away, I played it beacouse it was hard to get to last level, it was a journey to last level, it was an experience and enjoyment, the moment they started to give away last levels for money I stopped, it lost meaning to play. Here is something similar, what will new player enjoy in a tier 8 ship, he got it easy and he has no progression idea on it and he will get bored ultra fast.I swear these companys really want to go down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

I swear these companys really want to go down.

No, the company just promotes internally until people become incompetent for their position.

Loyalty is rewarded.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Wulf_Ace said:

gaming companys have this all wrong. I didnt play warcraft ( before when it all started) beacouse blizzard decided to give me the last level  right away, I played it beacouse it was hard to get to last level, it was a journey to last level, it was an experience and enjoyment, the moment they started to give away last levels for money I stopped, it lost meaning to play. Here is something similar, what will new player enjoy in a tier 8 ship, he got it easy and he has no progression idea on it and he will get bored ultra fast.I swear these companys really want to go down.

You can blame it on me.  I got some higher tier ships early, before I was ready, and I quickly realized it was no fun because I didn't have the experience.  I'm still with this game so WG thinks it's a good idea based on their stealth research of avg. players.  Am I an outlier?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aragathor said:

No, the company just promotes internally until people become incompetent for their position.

Loyalty is rewarded.

Well, that's not an usual corporate practice as such.

Lol, meant to say 'unusual'....

• Like 1

It's particularly pernicious since it ensures new players don't get the benefit of protected matchmaking...and enter the deep end of play without sufficient resources to do well...

• Like 2

The only thing I find suspect about this offer was offering Bismarck to completely new accounts. The goodies for returning players is par for the course, and the tier requirements ensure that said players have at least some experience playing the game (even if they might be extremely rusty).

Their initial experience with WoWs has likely been a bad one - good job WG!

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

It's particularly pernicious since it ensures new players don't get the benefit of protected matchmaking...and enter the deep end of play without sufficient resources to do well...

IIRC, WG changed things a while back so that new players still get protected MM if they dip back into the low tier pools before they reach the requisite number of battles.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

IIRC, WG changed things a while back so that new players still get protected MM if they dip back into the low tier pools before they reach the requisite number of battles.

As long as they aren't traumatized for life, of course.

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

As long as they aren't traumatized for life, of course.

Bismarck is pretty beginner friendly from that perspective at least...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Oh my !  And, we actually have discussions on this forum about Skill....... [face slap emoji]

Where an 8 year old gets a Bismark and a kiss on the cheek from Noni, who loves him/her/them and goes back to making cookies as the youngster wanders in WoWs not having a clue about how it works... 

Skill or greed >?  Tis the season to be ho-ho.......tra-la-la-la-la, and we all die...... rinse and repeat till "they" (correct pronoun?) get bored or Noni finishes the cookies?

• Bored 1

I have an alternate account with 7 random and 6 co-op battles, haven't played for quite a while, logged in and got a Bismarck🤣.

Edited by Monalie477
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Wulf_Ace said:

That’s all how you feel personally. I hate grinding levels and would take a shot at higher tier play from the start. Even in the Beta, I picked up Gremmy as my first ship and learned how to play at tier 5. It makes no difference if a player starts at tier 1 or 10. They will learn how to play from where they start. Like Tocqueville said, there many many player with 10’ of thousands of games who still have no idea how to play effectively. As long as they are having fun, it’s all good. If a bad player is on my team, I’ll carry them. If they are on the other team, they make great targets. 

• Like 1

They used to jump noobs to T4, then T5, now it's what they hell, let em play T8. Some team will suffer and another will benefit because who wants to have any agency in a game anyways right?

14 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

They used to jump noobs to T4, then T5, now it's what they hell, let em play T8. Some team will suffer and another will benefit because who wants to have any agency in a game anyways right?

Used to? I think somebody needs to tell you of the legend of "Dirpitz".

This is one of the reasons many good players have either left the game, stopped spending cash and/or have just stopped playing randoms. Letting players who have no clue get to high tiers with no idea what they are doing has ruined many a video game. WG has not even taken the time to put in a decent tutorial for first timers. 😦🙄

• Like 1

A long time ago, the Unsinkable Sam themed ships were available in the Armory & Premium Shop.
For those who don't remember, they are the Cossack, the Ark Royal and the Bismarck.

I am among those who purchased all of them as a 3-ship bundle.
What can I say, I liked the camouflage and the story about Unsinkable Sam.
Back then my fleet was smaller and I had few ships above Tier-6.  The "bundle" was a welcome and useful addition to my Fleet.

So, that is merely one path for a player to have welcomed the Bismarck to their port without doing the "grind".

Seriously, if you were a new player, would you want to sail a historic ship like the Bismarck as a "welcome to the game" incentive?  Yes/No?
"And remember, this is for posterity so be honest."  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/characters/nm0001302?ref_=tt_cl_c_5

18 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

A long time ago, the Unsinkable Sam themed ships were available in the Armory & Premium Shop.
For those who don't remember, they are the Cossack, the Ark Royal and the Bismarck.

I am among those who purchased all of them as a 3-ship bundle.
What can I say, I liked the camouflage and the story about Unsinkable Sam.
Back then my fleet was smaller and I had few ships above Tier-6.  The "bundle" was a welcome and useful addition to my Fleet.

So, that is merely one path for a player to have welcomed the Bismarck to their port without doing the "grind".

Seriously, if you were a new player, would you want to sail a historic ship like the Bismarck as a "welcome to the game" incentive?  Yes/No?
"And remember, this is for posterity so be honest."  https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093779/characters/nm0001302?ref_=tt_cl_c_5

Bismarck is literally the reason I installed the game in the first place - May 2019. It took me quite a while to get to it the hard way grinding in co-op mostly without the benefit of premium time apart from the few days here and there. I chose not to play any random battles until I got to T5 - then played 130 games in Konig. I somehow managed a respectable 50% win rate. Have not played it at all since then either, so my stats stand as a reflection of my play when a total novice.

Unfortunately when I did eventually get my Bismarck I found her to be a disappointment. Pre gun buffs, she just could not hit the side of a barn from the inside, and ate all the T10 AP sent her way. I actually found Freddie to be a huge step up - despite everyone saying Freddie is crap.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Thanks 1

Just now, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

oops.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
quoted when I meant to edit