Weekend Spree - 8 to 10 December 2023

Ensign Cthulhu

Streamed. Finished off my Tier 10 and Tier 9 snowflakes (no superships in my port; too expensive for my credit balance). Next up is my 63 Tier 8 ships.

Mega Santa containers from T10 ships got me the Leipzig and 2500 dubs plus assorted camos and boosters. 

Picked up the Scharnhorst 43 from that part of the Christmas event. With the possible exception of the Return of ARP event in 2023 that got me the ARP Myoko (plus all the Kongos), I think this is the quickest and easiest win of a Tier 7 premium I have ever had in-game. 

Made some progress on an adventure story I'm writing - final cleanup before I go publisher-hunting - and wrote some strategy guides for another game I play in between bouts of WOWS.

Was a productive weekend. 

• Like 3

Mostly did snowflakes, although in doing so I finished up the first week's dockyard chain.

Cleared all of my superships and t10s.  Over halfway through t9.  Have about 150 more steel ships to get through, and then another 200 coal ships.  Steel ships should be done by next weekend playing ABs.  This should give me enough reward points to cover my t5-7.  I'll still dust them off, by playing them, but at least won't be concerned about running out of time.

• Like 1

I played a lot as well.  The weather made doing anything, to include Hunting a bad choice.  So, I have 24  ships left to clear out of 368 that I started with.

Now, what I have seen is a lot of ships in crates and boxes...  Eight (8) so far.  Broke my previous record of 7.  And, I'm not done yet.

And, like @Ensign Cthulhu, I've been writing a book about what happens when an EMP eats the grid in the Great Plains....

Edited by Asym
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Asym said:

a book about what happens when an EMP eats the grid in the Great Plains....

Says the guy who is awash in flintlock muzzle loaders and who I suspect could make his own black powder if he had to.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Says the guy who is awash in flintlock muzzle loaders and who I suspect could make his own black powder if he had to.

You have no idea how Boy Scouts were a bad influence.  The really funny thing along the way was the "Zomby Craze" because of a TV show....  OMG, it's still going on and I got caught up in it because I just happen to "favor" weapons made from a Country we can not mention.  

And, "friends of mine" (yeah...sigh - thanks a lot !) posted that "this guy" really knows how to make lead bullets work in those weapons and...........sigh.  Notice, my Forum profile picture is a 198 grain, gas checked at .314 Mosin Nagant bullet....  (that was a test bullet to see how engaged the rifling was by being shot with a grain of powder into a lot of water jugs....)  

198.JPG.5cb117afbf07810c5c968d79cdcdc592.JPG

Alas, the perfect Zombi Rifle !  The R*##^%! -  M44 !!!

Notice below, the Bayonet folds against the stock when not in use.  And, it is one heck or a strong and durable bayonet !  (we tested it against old tires and trees to see if we could break it.... - Nope = Zombie proof)

image.png.cebbcdfba82fdee366989c09da80cad0.png

Here's the rifle with it extended.  BTW, the rifle is meant to be "sighted in" with the Bayonet extended.

image.thumb.png.237da7ccfb390f854f51a0fd5fb6a341.png

Now, the creme de la creme of Zombie rifles, M44 as shown, is that the rifle was designed that the stock, with a steel butt cap, won't break when you use the weapon as a club !  Bayonet drill for Zombies a smash-stab progression.  And, we tested that on old trees to see if we could break the stock or bayonet !  Nope.....

BTW, there are Zombie shoots all over the States !  Locally, the range owners were paying kids a quarter a piece for the Bright Lime Green Hedge apples,

image.png.17c0c5a290e6a1bc73d4d37099a10d8b.png

that were stuck on the nail atop the 2x2 wood pole the target was stapled to, behind the head of the Zombie target;   so that,  when you had a head shot, the Hedge Apple exploded in really bright green chunks !  Not explosion = missed shot !!!!  Figuring there were 300 shooters, times 10 head shots, that was a pickup truck's bed full of these interesting, un-edible, foul smelling fruits....  Hey, just like Zombie brains !  What !?  Zombies aren't real..... are they???

AS I said, you have no idea.......

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Asym said:

because I just happen to "favor" weapons made from a Country we can not mention.  

Oh we can mention it, but apart from the shipyards it's probably best not to delve into any of its doings since 1945.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1