STOP LEAVING THE CAPS!!!! ARRRGGGHHH

AdmiralThunder

1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

It isn't just about flakes, it is about score. You get quite a bit of XP for capping. I have games where I have top score without sinking anything because I focus on busting up small ships and taking caps. Defended ribbons also seem to give more xp but I have no actual data to support that observation. 

I can only assume that everyone is looking to make bank by getting the best score possible. Capping is one way to get good XP. Leaving a cap with just a few seconds to go is just throwing away XP and everything associated with that. 

EDIT: Bob's comment came in when I posted.  I have a lot of games in co-op and very few are won by capping points. Almost all of them are due to destruction of the bots. Avoiding capping in co-op because you don't want to win by doing that is kind of irrelevant. You are throwing XP away. 

Well said Taylor. 

Yes, d-caps and caps absolutely help earnings (credits, BXP, etc...). WG has provided a list of things that provide our base earnings...

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Base_Earnings

BXP Earnings:

• Kill - Awards BXP the equivalent of 10% of the target's hit points in damage.
  • Planes - Total damage to aircraft is tracked and contributes to earnings (plane kills no longer matters it's damage to them). The tier of the aircraft carrier that launched the planes is considered for tier disparity.
  • Solo Cap - Awards BXP equivalent to 2/3 of a completely destroyed ship
  • Asst Cap - Awards BXP based on each ship's contribution to the capture
  • D-Cap - Awards BXP the same as an Asst Cap divided by the duration of the enemy's capture

So capping absolutely can make a difference in Co-op earnings wise for normal play but especially during flake events like we have now. There is NO logical reason to "intentionally" sail out of a cap 5 seconds before you take it in Co-op (feel the same for PVP as well and would never no cap kill all - that is nonsense - take the rewards and the win).

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 6

10 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

When I started playing BBs more often I had a lot of trouble getting used to how long it took to slow down.

I slipped out of the cap circle quite a few times, all the while cursing myself for the XP I just lost. facepalmsmiley.gif.337bc6d41e47d247b20cba4dcde036ee.gif

That is understandable and happens to us all. I am referring to people who do it intentionally as they somehow think they can make it to the other side of the map in time to kill the last red that has 500HP and 5 greens shooting it.

13 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That is understandable and happens to us all. I am referring to people who do it intentionally as they somehow think they can make it to the other side of the map in time to kill the last red that has 500HP and 5 greens shooting it.

I know mate ... I was just agreeing with you :D

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

We are talking Co-op here not PVP so this is not a W/L thing but rather a rewards are really low to begin with so capping helps a lot with rewards thing + a leaving flake BXP on the table thing.

Also, some are missing a very key point of what I am saying. I am talking about people who...

• leave a cap with mere seconds to go (like literally 5 or less) before it's capped
  • to try and sail to the other side of the map to farm damage off the last red left alive
  • that is almost dead and has multiple teammates shooting it
  • so not only won't the person who left the cap get any damage off it they won't even get into range to shoot before the last red dies ending the game

This isn't about me wanting others to help me with my grind or any other such nonsense. This is a foolish move by the player who leaves the cap. No matter the reason you are in Co-op, be it for flakes or just to play, leaving a cap under the scenario I outlined (and have been consistent with) is flat out dumb. You will NOT get damage off that last red. Your teammates will kill it long before you even get to shoot. All you did was leaving BXP on the table and possibly also hurt others who were capping with you.

...and some players just don't care to min-max.

You are assuming everyone plays the game to the goals you have.

This clearly isn't so.

Other captains can play the game the way THEY want to play it and value things THEY want to value.

Getting angry about this is a waste of your time.

• Thanks 1
  • Bored 3

From the title "STOP LEAVING THE CAPS!!!! ARRRGGGHHH," I thought that this thread was about leaving the caps key on. I'm old enough to remember when PCs like the Apple II didn't even have lower-case letters.

• Haha 8

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I am referring to people who do it intentionally as they somehow think they can make it to the other side of the map in time to kill the last red that has 500HP and 5 greens shooting it.

With respect, you do not know why they are doing it.

Maybe they want to give their teammates enough time to get that last kill of more damage.

Stop assuming the intentions of other people.

Edited by Daniel_Allan_Clark
  • Like 1
  • Bored 3

26 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

With respect, you so not know why they are doing it.

Maybe they want to give their teammates enough time to get that last kill of more damage.

Dude just stop ok. 

Taking a Co-op cap is not going to end the game before a red ship with barely any HP, being shot at by 1/2 the team, is sunk. Point wins for the greens in Co-op is extremely rare. EXTREMELY. And by that logic, although you said no one owes anyone anything earlier (way to move that goal post dude LOL), how about staying those 5 seconds to help the person trying to cap do so before sailing out?

I don't want to fight with you but you are making absolutely no sense.

In the specific scenario I have outlined it is FOOLISH for the person to sail out of the cap. There is NO logical reason to do so. None including the one you gave which does not apply here (situation and mode). It hurts their rewards and can even impact teammate rewards. 

Stay that 5 sec and finish capping. It is simple and common sense.

Anyway let's just agree to disagree and move on.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

I know mate ... I was just agreeing with you 😄

As was I with you. 😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

From the title "STOP LEAVING THE CAPS!!!! ARRRGGGHHH," I thought that this thread was about leaving the caps key on. I'm old enough to remember when PCs like the Apple II didn't even have lower-case letters.

That is a good one. 

4klq5p.gif

3 hours ago, SunkCostFallacy said:

When I started playing BBs more often I had a lot of trouble getting used to how long it took to slow down.

I slipped out of the cap circle quite a few times, all the while cursing myself for the XP I just lost. facepalmsmiley.gif.337bc6d41e47d247b20cba4dcde036ee.gif

I've done that more than a few times, usually with an almost completed cap. When I do, I sort of feel like Cleveland here.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

Completely understand, it's sure fire way to get a plays poorly from me.

To be clear I believe that Admiral means domination caps that aren't ending the game. 

I will leave possible damage and kills on the table because the caps are worth more the exception may be if I can full health an enemy. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

With respect, you do not know why they are doing it.

That is a possible explanation. At least in WoT that's a thing, the team stops capping to let other people farm more xp. It involves a slight risk, though, so timing is essential. Sometimes you do want to cap ASAP. In my experience, it's not so common in WoWS, though.

24 minutes ago, Kalishnikat said:

But if I sat in the cap I cant shoot my guns at the bad guys. 

Exactly...

...and how dare people not take the resource grind as seriously as I take it...they should be aggressively told to play the way I do...

😄

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Exactly...

...and how dare people not take the resource grind as seriously as I take it...they should be aggressively told to play the way I do...

😄

That's the Spirit.... !!!  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know this won't be seen by many people (and those here most likely know better anyway) but just need to vent.

If I see one more person leave a cap a few seconds before it is taken to try and sail all the way across the map to farm the last red left, that is almost dead with 5 people shooting it, so no one gets the cap I am going to scream.

People you need BXP for flakes. Caps = lots of BXP. Stop doing that (especially if you are in Co-op for your flakes where rewards are so low to begin with - get it all!).

Can't count the # of times so far I have ended up like 395-399 BXP because some jabrone leaves the cap with seconds to go, trying to go for the last red on the other flank thus reseting the cap timer, and the game ends before I can get the cap alone.  I just don't get it.

GET THE FREAKING CAP 1ST STOP SAILING OUT WHEN IT IS JUST SECONDS TO GO!!!!!

eb75d00b2b683222203c7edbb4a1d2c9.gif

Thank you for letting me vent.

I dont know what is worse but I cant even count the times Ive seen either one or sometimes even 2 BBs waaaay of from the fighting so nothing really to do or shoot, sail on either side of an un-taken cap and just pass it to sil to other end of the map, while the team is loosing on cap points?!

And as DD player you know you get tons of XP/credits for capping and de-capping.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

I dont know what is worse but I cant even count the times Ive seen either one or sometimes even 2 BBs waaaay of from the fighting so nothing really to do or shoot, sail on either side of an un-taken cap and just pass it to sil to other end of the map, while the team is loosing on cap points?!

And as DD player you know you get tons of XP/credits for capping and de-capping.

When I play (Co-op now which is what my OP is about) I head for the caps whether I am in a DD, Cruiser, BB, or even a CV (exception here is an all or mostly bot game where you may end up alone and have to pull a win out so in those games I hang back until I am sure moving up is safe/smart). Caps are where it is at for Co-op rewards.  

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

When I play (Co-op now which is what my OP is about) I head for the caps whether I am in a DD, Cruiser, BB, or even a CV (exception here is an all or mostly bot game where you may end up alone and have to pull a win out so in those games I hang back until I am sure moving up is safe/smart). Caps are where it is at for Co-op rewards.  

Do you actually manage to take a cap before the game ends?

I would never fault a CooP player not going for caps to be honest but that is because only time I play CooP is to speed thru certain "Get X amount of torp hits/Kills" mission where i go supersonic in my Kleber full Leroy Jenkins style into the enemy team blapping them with my torps, getting 16-20 torp hits and usually 2-3 kills in a 4 min game and then rinse-repeat.

But it almost hurt my soul watching 2 BBs pass by an open/free cap and ... "just keep sailing .... just keep sailing ..." to the other end of ther map, ending up with some 400-600 XP in the bottom in results, and im just like "YOU guys where sooooo closeee.......Whyyyy". Or every time I see a BB capping on the enemy team and im to far away but hes spotted and 8 of my teammates within shooting distance .... choose to not shoot him but rather chip away at a Kremlin 19 km away... and im like "You ...Guyss ... do you realize how much you get for all those green de-cappings...!?!? ... You could like gotten 20 of him while he sat there", but much better to take 4 % Hp of a Kremlin in the back doing JACK for his teams chance of winning. 

• Like 1

On 12/10/2023 at 1:51 PM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

You assume here that they are grinding for flakes.

How do you know?

The point is you do not.

So relax, let captains do what they want...and stop worrying.

This is just a game.

But what is being described is a win/win or lose/lose.  Stay in cap everyone in cap wins.  Leave cap and everyone loses, including the person who just left.  Why would you opt for less points and make sure you will get nothing?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OldSchoolGaming_Youtube said:

Do you actually manage to take a cap before the game ends?

I would never fault a CooP player not going for caps to be honest but that is because only time I play CooP is to speed thru certain "Get X amount of torp hits/Kills" mission where i go supersonic in my Kleber full Leroy Jenkins style into the enemy team blapping them with my torps, getting 16-20 torp hits and usually 2-3 kills in a 4 min game and then rinse-repeat.

But it almost hurt my soul watching 2 BBs pass by an open/free cap and ... "just keep sailing .... just keep sailing ..." to the other end of ther map, ending up with some 400-600 XP in the bottom in results, and im just like "YOU guys where sooooo closeee.......Whyyyy". Or every time I see a BB capping on the enemy team and im to far away but hes spotted and 8 of my teammates within shooting distance .... choose to not shoot him but rather chip away at a Kremlin 19 km away... and im like "You ...Guyss ... do you realize how much you get for all those green de-cappings...!?!? ... You could like gotten 20 of him while he sat there", but much better to take 4 % Hp of a Kremlin in the back doing JACK for his teams chance of winning. 

2 hours ago, Airacobra said:

But what is being described is a win/win or lose/lose.  Stay in cap everyone in cap wins.  Leave cap and everyone loses, including the person who just left.  Why would you opt for less points and make sure you will get nothing?

Some people aren't playing for the economic rewards...

On 12/10/2023 at 6:43 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

We are talking Co-op here not PVP so this is not a W/L.

I never said this was a PVP thing we've been talking about PVE the entire time unless you've mistaken yourself.

• Like 1
  • Bored 1

58 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

I never said this was a PVP thing we've been talking about PVE the entire time unless you've mistaken yourself.

You said the following which elicited my response...

Capping is generally the most boring way to win a game so I try to avoid it.

You brought winning into a Co-op discussion. If you knew anything about Co-op, which clearly you don't from your many comments on the subject, you would know wins are almost guaranteed in Co-op so they are a non factor. Also, and again, if you had a clue about Co-op, you would know winning by capping out these days is as rare as losing a Co-op game.

The fact you brought winning into a Co-op discussion, and winning by capping, says it all. Capping is actually relevant to Co-op due to the poor rewards not winning. 

Prior to the bot shooting nerf in update 0.10.6, when the bots actually could shoot and human players died regularly, point wins in Co-op were a bit more common. But, ever since WG installed Stevie Wonder as the bot's fire control officer in 0.10.6, winning a game by capping is almost nonexistent unless you get a rare game with mostly or all bots.

So you saying "capping is generally the most boring way to win a game so I try to avoid it" shows your utter lack of knowledge on the game mode we are discussing and throws a PVP slant to it.

I stand by my comment.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

You said the following which elicited my response...

You brought winning into a Co-op discussion. If you knew anything about Co-op, which clearly you don't from your many comments on the subject, you would know wins are almost guaranteed in Co-op so they are a non factor. Also, and again, if you had a clue about Co-op, you would know winning by capping out these days is as rare as losing a Co-op game. The fact you brought winning into a Co-op discussion says it all.

Prior to the bot shooting nerf in update 0.10.6, when the bots actually could shoot and human players died regularly, point wins in Co-op were a bit more common. But, ever since WG installed Stevie Wonder as the bot's fire control officer in 0.10.6, winning a game by capping is almost nonexistent unless you get a rare game with mostly or all bots. So you saying "capping is generally the most boring way to win a game so I try to avoid it" shows your utter lack of knowledge on the game mode we are discussing and throws a PVP slant to it.

I stand by my comment.

If there ever was something as a Co-op elitist you'd be one. Just because I like to play my co-op differently to you doesn't mean I can't win how I want. I still stand by how capping is the more boring way to win in any gamemode. Shooting and killing ships regardless if they're bots or humans for me is infinitely more entertaining than capping out. You get so sensative about this game-mode, let others give their input and there's no need to assume so many things. Please calm down you might hurt yourself.

• Bored 3