STOP LEAVING THE CAPS!!!! ARRRGGGHHH

AdmiralThunder

I know this won't be seen by many people (and those here most likely know better anyway) but just need to vent.

If I see one more person leave a cap a few seconds before it is taken to try and sail all the way across the map to farm the last red left, that is almost dead with 5 people shooting it, so no one gets the cap I am going to scream.

People you need BXP for flakes. Caps = lots of BXP. Stop doing that (especially if you are in Co-op for your flakes where rewards are so low to begin with - get it all!).

Can't count the # of times so far I have ended up like 395-399 BXP because some jabrone leaves the cap with seconds to go, trying to go for the last red on the other flank thus reseting the cap timer, and the game ends before I can get the cap alone.  I just don't get it.

GET THE FREAKING CAP 1ST STOP SAILING OUT WHEN IT IS JUST SECONDS TO GO!!!!!

eb75d00b2b683222203c7edbb4a1d2c9.gif

Thank you for letting me vent.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know this won't be seen by many people ( and those here most likely know better anyway) but just need to vent.

If I see one more person leave a cap a few seconds before it is taken to try and sail all the way across the map to farm the last red left, that is almost dead with 5 people shooting it, so no one gets the cap I am going to scream.

People you need BXP for flakes. Caps = lots of BXP. Stop doing that (especially if you are in Co-op for your flakes where rewards are so low to begin with - get it all!).

Can't count the # of times so far I have ended up like 395-399 BXP because some jabrone leaves the cap with seconds to go, trying to go for the last red on the other flank and the game ends before I can get it.  I just don't get it.

AT, you can't fix stupid....  But, we might be able to "teach" those whom have no idea that the cap is worth anything !  And, tis the season to be greedy......there are a lot of players playing that simply:  don't give a crap.

You should see Operations this AM.....OMG........."run Forrest, RUN !"

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I know this won't be seen by many people (and those here most likely know better anyway) but just need to vent.

Can't count the # of times so far I have ended up like 395-399 BXP because some jabrone leaves the cap with seconds to go, trying to go for the last red on the other flank thus reseting the cap timer, and the game ends before I can get the cap alone.  I just don't get it.

Stop expecting other people to help your own grind.

The problem is in your mirror...not the other captains.

• Confused 10
  • Bored 2

22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Can't count the # of times so far I have ended up like 395-399 BXP

Is it hard to make that in co-op? That’s like last place losing team xp in randoms. 

29 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

No cap, kill all! Win harder!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Stop expecting other people to help your own grind.

The problem is in your mirror...not the other captains.

Dude seriously? Did you even read what I wrote?

They are leaving the cap with like 5 sec +/- to go before we take it to try and sail all the way to the other side of the map, to farm on the last red alive which is already almost dead, and that has 5 people shooting it. They won't get into range to shoot before it is dead and leaving the cap with so little time to try costs THEM BXP.

The flakes are earned based on BXP so leaving a cap with so little time to go cost the person leaving BXP not just me. 

Just wow. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, Type_93 said:

Is it hard to make that in co-op? That’s like last place losing team xp in randoms. 

The average Co-op game lasts about 4 mins +/- these days. Co-op rewards like 50-60% less than Randoms for a comparable game. 1000 BXP in Co-op is like 2800-3000 in Randoms. With so many in Co-op yolo'ing flakes the avg BXP right now is in the low-mid 300's (higher tiers anyway - under 300 low and mid) as the games last even less time than the avg with people ramming and such to get something and move on (assuming others will carry the win). 

My post was mainly about people foolishly leaving the caps with so little time to go as it actually costs them BXP they need. Yes, I was complaining about it hurting me as well but contrary to what was said I don't expect others to help my grind. It's common sense to stay and finish the cap for the person who leaves. They are foolishly and needlessly hurting THEIR grind in addition to their actions impacting the grinds of others. 

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 5

Greed for the kill, especially the kill on carriers, because some people in the community encourage the community in general to feel unhinged, unthinking rage against carriers.

59 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Dude seriously? Did you even read what I wrote?

They are leaving the cap with like 5 sec +/- to go before we take it to try and sail all the way to the other side of the map, to farm on the last red alive which is already almost dead, and that has 5 people shooting it. They won't get into range to shoot before it is dead and leaving the cap with so little time to try costs THEM BXP.

The flakes are earned based on BXP so leaving a cap with so little time to go cost the person leaving BXP not just me. 

Just wow. 

I read what you wrote...I fully digested it.

The other captains DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GRIND GOALS.

You expecting them to care is irrelevant.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 6

Hmm... I remember trying to do capping missions in coop. Very very hard to pull off because coop battles tended to be over before I managed to complete a single cap.

18 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

I read what you wrote...I fully digested it.

The other captains DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR GRIND GOALS.

You expecting them to care is irrelevant.

NO you clearly did NOT read and comprehend what I posted. The post is not really about my grind. It is about foolish people who hurt THEIR grind (flake grind which needs BXP) by leaving the cap with seconds to go to try and sail off to farm a tiny bit of damage on a ship almost dead already that will die before they even get to shoot.

It hurting me is incidental to the main point (was a throw in as it adds to it all - shake my head in disbelief they screw themselves and oh look it screws me too). The idiots are hurting THEIR grind goals doing that.

So, again, NO you didn't get it or you are just being a contrarian to stir the pot which you are know to do. Either way you are in the wrong here with all respect.

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Hmm... I remember trying to do capping missions in coop. Very very hard to pull off because coop battles tended to be over before I managed to complete a single cap.

Yeah it is hard to cap in Co-op these days because the games go so fast.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

The post is not really about my grind. It is about foolish people who hurt THEIR grind (flake grind which needs BXP) by leaving the cap with seconds to go to try and sail off to farm a tiny bit of damage on a ship almost dead already that will die before they even get to shoot.

You assume here that they are grinding for flakes.

How do you know?

The point is you do not.

So relax, let captains do what they want...and stop worrying.

This is just a game.

• Sad 1
  • Bored 3

5 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How do you know?

The point is you do not.

This is just a game.

For me personally I'd rather have a chance of more damage than a cap. Capping is generally the most boring way to win a game so I try to avoid it. Same logic I had when I was playing WoT.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Bored 2

2 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How do you know?

The point is you do not.

This is just a game.

• 99.99% of people are doing flakes, it's a reasonable assumption, at this point of the update.
  • flake grind or not Co-op pays for crap so anything that can be done to increase earnings is a good thing.
  • leaving a cap with 5 seconds to go, to attempt to farm damage of a ship too far away to shoot at, that is almost dead anyway, and 5 other teammates are there shooting at it is foolish. You won't get there so you gain nothing but you lose the cap BXP you could have got.
  • you have provided, nor do you have, a single logical reason to leave a cap 5 seconds before it is taken.
  • Like 3
  • Bored 1

9 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

How do you know?

The point is you do not.

This is just a game.

It isn't just about flakes, it is about score. You get quite a bit of XP for capping. I have games where I have top score without sinking anything because I focus on busting up small ships and taking caps. Defended ribbons also seem to give more xp but I have no actual data to support that observation. 

I can only assume that everyone is looking to make bank by getting the best score possible. Capping is one way to get good XP. Leaving a cap with just a few seconds to go is just throwing away XP and everything associated with that. 

EDIT: Bob's comment came in when I posted.  I have a lot of games in co-op and very few are won by capping points. Almost all of them are due to destruction of the bots. Avoiding capping in co-op because you don't want to win by doing that is kind of irrelevant. You are throwing XP away. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Type_93 said:

Yeah, especially in lower tiers.

1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Yeah, especially in lower tiers.

I have had a lot of games during this flake event where no one breaks 400 or only one player does. It seems to happen if everyone is playing well even at the upper tiers of 8,9, and 10. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

For me personally I'd rather have a chance of more damage than a cap. Capping is generally the most boring way to win a game so I try to avoid it. Same logic I had when I was playing WoT.

But very good for XP farming.

• Like 1

Just now, Admiral_Karasu said:

But very good for XP farming.

That's true, however. I enjoy my damage number being as high as possible on my stat page.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:
  • leaving a cap with 5 seconds to go, to attempt to farm damage of a ship too far away to shoot at, that is almost dead anyway, and 5 other teammates are there shooting at it is foolish. You won't get there so you gain nothing but you lose the cap BXP you could have got.

This is one of my pet peeves too. 

Like many issues with the player base, I blame lack of self-awareness or game knowledge. These people are probably sub-45%ers in PVP modes who have no idea what points/caps are or how they work. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BOBTHEBALL said:

We are talking Co-op here not PVP so this is not a W/L thing but rather a rewards are really low to begin with so capping helps a lot with rewards thing + a leaving flake BXP on the table thing.

Also, some are missing a very key point of what I am saying. I am talking about people who...

• leave a cap with mere seconds to go (like literally 5 or less) before it's capped
  • to try and sail to the other side of the map to farm damage off the last red left alive
  • that is almost dead and has multiple teammates shooting it
  • so not only won't the person who left the cap get any damage off it they won't even get into range to shoot before the last red dies ending the game

This isn't about me wanting others to help me with my grind or any other such nonsense. This is a foolish move by the player who leaves the cap. No matter the reason you are in Co-op, be it for flakes or just to play, leaving a cap under the scenario I outlined (and have been consistent with) is flat out dumb. You will NOT get damage off that last red. Your teammates will kill it long before you even get to shoot. All you did was leaving BXP on the table and possibly also hurt others who were capping with you.

• Like 1

When I started playing BBs more often I had a lot of trouble getting used to how long it took to slow down.

I slipped out of the cap circle quite a few times, all the while cursing myself for the XP I just lost. facepalmsmiley.gif.337bc6d41e47d247b20cba4dcde036ee.gif

• Like 2