My Snowflake Strategy

Musket22

With over 400 ships, lots of coal but owning all the coal ships I wanted, I decided that there were still 1 or 2 steel ships I liked.

So with this in mind I decided to concentrate on the 175+ T8-T9 ships. With the Clan port 10% bonus, I'm getting 77 & 88 steel per ship.

I'll be finished those 175+ sometime Monday and then will do the 65xT10s for coupons.

First 10 or so 'Festive Rewards' were used on Subs and CVs so that I didn't have to play those abominations. 🙂

I'll play some T7s for the 880 coal but not fazed if I don't get them all played.

Other than then deciding on how to spend the Xmas coupons, anyone else have a strategy?

• Like 1

I haven't put as much calculation into the situation.
I'm simply playing every ship that has a snowflake on it, or taking the "rewards" from the lowest tier ships first (which are rewarding coal, for me, at the moment).
So far, I've received the rewards from my Tier-5 ships and am working through the Tier-6 ships while playing ships in the Tier-8/9/10 categories.

I recently used up my stock of steel by welcoming the Gato to my Port.  So, for me, this is a way to re-build my stock of steel.

• Like 2

I am pretty much doing the same thing Musket although I am playing all my high tier tech tree ships first since I got some free premium time out of the Christmas crates. I figure to play all those first so I don't lose credits in co-op. My premium ships will do just fine when the PT runs out. I also use my Rewards for CVs and subs. I also use them for high tier/tech tree ships I don't like playing like BBs and to a lesser extent, DDs. Anything that is likely to lose credits gets skipped. 

My strategy is usually dictated by what missions I need to do, in this case, the Dockyard missions. I try and use what is needed to advance those so I can farm the easy goodies. Right now am playing DDs so I can get to the second stage of the Dockyard.  I do plan on getting the coal/steel rewards for every ship. This is the time of year I gather a huge chunk of resources since I play so little during the rest of the year. Normally I only get 440 coal a day so getting 20 times that a day is an enormous boon. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Like 1

I do snowflakes by country rather than tier. This time around I've mainly been doing the T6-10 in Asymmetric battles with the occasional coop battle in a tier 5 if say I need like 200 base xp to complete a mission. Otherwise I plan on using the bonus rewards for tier 5s and for subs, aircraft carriers, and super slow battleships like the Colorado, the Arizona, etc.

• Like 1

Asymmetric Battles. With 400 ships, 1000BXP will net you 3 "bonus rewards". Play the 100 ships you like, then you can just use the bonus rewards to clear the rest.

I only have 200+ ships, but playing the tier 10s let me clear all my tier 9s and tier 8s. Playing my T7s and a little bit of the T6s, cleared the rest. Mostly just played the ships I like in the lower tiers. All done.

The bots in Asymmetric are super easy. They have very clear identifiable pathing. There are certain spots on different maps, you can just sit (slowly move back or forth and angle) where you can pretty much 1 vs 8 the bots in BBs. Yodo (all stealth capable cruisers) I just throw torps in the pathing. Easy games. 

550 Total ships / 526 qualified for flakes

I always start with the highest tier ships and work down as the rewards are the best on the highest tier ships and if something happens keeping me from finishing, I want to get the most, of the best, possible. So SuperShips, then T10, then T9, etc... I have done a few out of order this time around as I was finishing up week 1 of the dockyard and T8/T9 Premiums were needed for faster completion. But in general, I do the high to low thing.

With that said ^ I actually use any bonus flakes I earn to start knocking off flakes from ships I detest playing (mostly T5-T8 but a few T9/T10). Seems to be a good system. I play the ships in general I would rather play and get rid of the ones I don't really care for at the same time with the bonus flakes. This is also nice because by the time I do get down to T5 and T6, and I am sick to death of the flake grind, a good portion of the ships are done.

So far I have done...

SuperShips: (done)

• 16 ships
  • 8 bonuses earned 

T10: (only 9 left)

• 72 ships (5 via bonus)
  • 36 bonuses earned

T9:

• 12 ships (5 via bonus)
  • 4 bonuses earned

T8:

• 18 ships (17 via bonus)
  • 5 bonuses earned (1 Roma random battle)

T7:

• 7 ships (all via bonus)
  • 0 bonuses earned

T6:

• 4 ships (all via bonus)
  • 0 bonuses earned

T5:

• 17 ships (all via bonus)
  • 0 bonuses earned

So 146/526 done. Way too many still to go.

I should be a little further along by now but have had a lot of IRL stuff plus as said I wanted to get the 1st week of the dockyard right out of the way so that slowed down flake earning for part of day 1 until it got finished as I still was using only flake ships. My goal is to be done T9 and about 1/2 of T8 by the time week 2 of the dockyard opens, get week 2 done ASAP, then back at the flake grind.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 6

53 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I do snowflakes by country rather than tier. ...

I have so far gone down the line T8-T9 DD/CA/BB for IJN, USN, Sov., German, UK, France, Italy, China.

Still Euro, Dutch, CommonW, Pan-Am and Spanish to go - they total 9 T8-T9.

Then it's back up the line for T10s 🙂

Previously I went a nations biased thing, but now with asymmetric, I play a combination of things, I play coop on ships that are high tier but have torps (DDs+ some cruisers) in coop as that often gives 1 extra. I play high tier battleships in Asymmetric and lower tier ships in randoms that I enjoy for a reasonable amount of extra rewards.

Aside from that I have some ships that I want to grind up to 14 so I use premium DDs and Cruisers for that. 

I start to use my rewards on my lower tiered tech tree ships apart frome those few I like to play in randoms. Also I have cleared my superships. A few T7 is set aside for ranked. I hope to have my T10s cleared today apart from a few that I plan to aquire. I will avoid playing subs or CVs apart from a few Ark Royal because of Swordfish.

I usually knock off the snow flakes on my Tier Xs first, since I am kind of excited to get the New Year Certificates and convert them for Santa's Mega Gifts. And also because I have limited playing time due to a lot of real life commitments to attend to (gatherings, work events, and all). 

• Like 3

Hi all,

10 hours ago, Musket22 said:

With over 400 ships, lots of coal but owning all the coal ships I wanted, I decided that there were still 1 or 2 steel ships I liked.

So with this in mind I decided to concentrate on the 175+ T8-T9 ships. With the Clan port 10% bonus, I'm getting 77 & 88 steel per ship.

I'll be finished those 175+ sometime Monday and then will do the 65xT10s for coupons.

First 10 or so 'Festive Rewards' were used on Subs and CVs so that I didn't have to play those abominations. 🙂

I'll play some T7s for the 880 coal but not fazed if I don't get them all played.

Other than then deciding on how to spend the Xmas coupons, anyone else have a strategy?

My strategy for WoWs anniversary and Snowflakes:

First play Tier X (and then go down to Tier IX etc.) in "Asymmetric Battles" and/or CoOp and/or Ranked  - with earned reward without playing clear the Tier XI and all CVs and SUBs - after that clear the Tier V and then the Tier VI and so on...

Therefore usually I only end up playing:

• Tier X
  • Tier IX
  • Tier VIII
  • Tier VII (just a few remaining ships)

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

my strategy was like always: knock-out flakes by type (dds, CVs and sub knock out with rewards without playing them), and after that I go by nation (cruisers and bbs)- most of them I play, some of them just knock out with rewards. I had around 275-280 ships in port, still have for knock-out snowflakes around 60-80 of them (I think). Strategy from last year for opening containers  don't work this year (too  late I was realize that)... 😕 

Asymmetric this year has completely been a godsend in regards to flakes. Playing 8s and 9s exclusively in that and using the bonuses for everything else. Tier 10s and supers first. Then tier 5, followed by 6 and 7. Then any remaining 8' and 9's. 

I play all T7 in ranked once to get some steel and doubloons along with snowflakes. Then all other DDs and most of cruisers quickly in coop. BBs mostly in assymetrical. Cruisers with good dpm mostly in operations for maximum profit for blue boosters.

All this excludes my random battle grinds, which I don't have many at a single time.

So far I have been working on T9 dds to unlock the steel and work on the credit mission for dockyard. I wrapped that up and moved over to T9 cruisers. 

I use the extra rewards to clear low tier flakes starting with Battleships as they are less likely to get 400 base xp in coop. 

On 12/9/2023 at 9:05 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

I always start with the highest tier ships and work down as the rewards are the best on the highest tier ships and if something happens keeping me from finishing, I want to get the most, of the best, possible. So SuperShips, then T10, then T9, etc... I have done a few out of order this time around as I was finishing up week 1 of the dockyard and T8/T9 Premiums were needed for faster completion. But in general, I do the high to low thing.

With that said ^ I actually use any bonus flakes I earn to start knocking off flakes from ships I detest playing (mostly T5-T8 but a few T9/T10). Seems to be a good system.

This ^^^^^.  For the * through 9 were Asymmetrical and COOP.  Then, Operations for Tier 8 and used what I won to eliminate Tier 5 and 6's. 

I always get rid of any ship I do not like to play (carriers, the one Sub and those ships that simply have not real purpose.)

And, I have about 24 ships left out of 364 total.  I'll be done Monday, the 11th I suspect.

Edited by Asym

I just went to coop did all my tier 10s then 9s and then 8s. Now doing tier 7 but I am so bored with coop I had to get out of there.

So nowI am just going to do my coal ships in random dont feel the need to do every coal ship anyway.

But I can't let the steel go for some reason lol. I now have 50k steel but nothing I really like so I will just hoard for now.

Edited by clammboy
  • Like 1

Played asymmetric battles from T10 down. With over 600 ships in port it went pretty quick over the weekend.

The only ships left are some mid-tier BBs. Everything else is done.

Now I have the time to enjoy the Adatara grind, before I get the Salvage ships on Thursday.

46 minutes ago, clammboy said:

But I can't let the steel go for some reason lol. I now have 50k steel but nothing I really like so I will just hoard for now.

I'm on the opposite side, I barely got to my pre di Lauria levels of steel, I still can get steel ships, but I'd rather save it in case Sicilia is marked as for steel.

I purchased six (6) super ships, bringing my total to ten (10), and nearly wiping out my what meager credits I have down to 94,000,000. 😄

So much credits for the additional 1,200 Steel. I credit WG for this change of reward from RB points to Steel.

There are a few ships currently on testing that I am particularly interested, and I want to have enough Steel reserves for at least one (1) ship—if ever they are released for said currency.

● Rhode Island

● Komissar

● Sicilia

7 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I purchased six (6) super ships, bringing my total to ten (10), and nearly wiping out my what meager credits I have down to 94,000,000. 😄

So much credits for the additional 1,200 Steel. I credit WG for this change of reward from RB points to Steel.

There are a few ships currently on testing that I am particularly interested, and I want to have enough Steel reserves for at least one (1) ship—if ever they are released for said currency.

● Rhode Island

● Komissar

● Sicilia

I have no super ships but 753 million credits not sure why I have not got one. For some strange reason I don't feel right about buying them and I stink at high tiers. I would like to get to 1 billion credits not sure why just sounds good a nice even number lol.

Having cleared out all my Tier 10 tickets and got most of the way through Tier 9, I had a brainwave and started applying my bonuses (when I get them, doing this in coop) to the worst of my Tier 5 ships. That way, as I work my way down the tiers, I meet somewhere in the middle with my least enjoyable ships already done.

• Like 1

As per my strategy, I've finished all T8, T9, T10 and my 2xT11 (*) - 243 ships done out of 438.

Now starting on T7 to get some coal but already have almost 500k saved up and no ships I like in the 'available to buy list'.

Steel: Started at 24,947 got up to 31,624 bought the HMS Plymouth for 27,000 - the coupon.

Was down to 15,532 and now back to 20,823 

Edited by Musket22

I generally go from the T10's (don't have any T11's) and work my way down.  I'm also playing T7's for ranked steel and doubloons.  Will probably do a few T8's in brawls too.  Whichever I'm in the mood for. 

I'm not planning to use my bonuses until I have enough to virtually clear off all of the remaining ships.  There's no reason to rush it - we have almost a month.  That way if a mission or something comes up later where I want to use a ship I didn't think I'd use I won't have knocked the flakes off (maybe) and I can use the bonus on a different ship.  Also if I don't play as much as I think I will, I won't have used them on T5's and wish I'd saved them for some higher tier ships that I'm not getting to.

• Like 1

I'm down to my T6s. 

Everytime we can do snowflake wipes, I come to the conclusion that I've somewhat handicaped myself on my lower tiers.

I took advantage the last time or two WG let us demount modules for free.  I went and unmounted them all and then re-mounted modules just on the ships I played the most, stockpiling the rest for future ships.  I do miss having Main Armaments Mod 1, Aiming Systems Mod 1 and others on my ships, but I still survive, usually just causing less damage.   

All done redeeming my 500+ ship port

played through the super ships and most tier 10s I have until I procured enough to tokens for it to go all the way down to the last ship I own

shot-23.12.18_23.06.58-0731.jpg

• Thanks 1