How is your "Holidays in Santa City" progress going on?

Leo_Apollo11

I'm just into bonus territory now...going after the free containers and stuff.

I don't think I'll finish it all, but its not bad this year.

I spent 3500 dubs to get the second Santa City track at the beginning of the event, and since then got 5500 dubs back out of various Santa crates, leaving me better off than when I started. So today, when I reached Stage 15 in Santa City, I spent 5k to buy out the rest of the stages because I wasn't sure I'd have time to finish the event normally (bunch of family obligations and stuff coming up in the next few weeks). I immediately got 3k of those dubs back in other Santas (2500 in a Mega Gift and 500 from a Sad Gift), which leaves me with exactly as many dubs as I had before the event (talk about luck!)... and now any play time I get to log from now until the end just goes back into more tickets for even more Santas.

Current ship haul: Collingwood, Novorossiysk, FR25, Leipzig, and Jurua from Santa crates; Agir bought with snowflake coal; Elli bought from Salvage for Victory with a combination of flake coal and spare RPs (which was all I really wanted out of that money pit)- and, of course, Scharnhorst '43 and Stord '43 from the Santa City event itself.

On 12/9/2023 at 8:38 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Don't know....not really keeping track.

Nor do I really care anymore considering all the 'hooks' WG keeps trying to 'fish' with .... @#$^@#$%@

1 hour ago, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

I spent 3500 dubs to get the second Santa City track at the beginning of the event, and since then got 5500 dubs back out of various Santa crates, leaving me better off than when I started. So today, when I reached Stage 15 in Santa City, I spent 5k to buy out the rest of the stages because I wasn't sure I'd have time to finish the event normally (bunch of family obligations and stuff coming up in the next few weeks). I immediately got 3k of those dubs back in other Santas (2500 in a Mega Gift and 500 from a Sad Gift), which leaves me with exactly as many dubs as I had before the event (talk about luck!)... and now any play time I get to log from now until the end just goes back into more tickets for even more Santas.

Current ship haul: Collingwood, Novorossiysk, FR25, Leipzig, and Jurua from Santa crates; Agir bought with snowflake coal; Elli bought from Salvage for Victory with a combination of flake coal and spare RPs (which was all I really wanted out of that money pit)- and, of course, Scharnhorst '43 and Stord '43 from the Santa City event itself.

Your mileage may vary.

Results not typical.

Buyer beware.

😉

At level 15, finishing it tomorrow. My strategy is simple, 1 Coop, then alternating Ranked with Asym battles. Sometimes I throw in an operation. This way I almost finished two lines to grind, meanwhile shooting of the snowflakes.

Btw I still have most of my high tier ships to collect the snowflakes, lol.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:28 PM, Wrath_of_Deadguy said:

Salvage for Victory with a combination of flake coal and spare RPs (which was all I really wanted out of that money pit)

Hah! Money pit? Sorry, no. WG disallowed the use of doubloons and put a cap on the amount of premium time you could use, ensuring that nobody could whale Kitakami from a standing start. The only possible way to whale this within anything close to reason is through the Research Bureau and Elite ship XP converted to FXP, and for that you need to have played long enough to have the Elite Ship XP in the first place.

Resource sink? Oh yes, it is definitely that. 

Currently on Level 17. With 45 points per stage, it's no longer possible to do a single stage in a day, no matter how hard you grind - but one stage every two days is quite possible and we're a long way from the end in time terms. I will easily make the end of the defined stages.

On 12/17/2023 at 12:50 AM, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Results not typical.

Buyer beware.

Yep, if you can't cope with every crate giving you the thing you want the least, don't get into this. I'm still waiting for the day when someone pulls 20 ships out of 20 mega crates and they're the 20 worst ships in the game.

20 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Money pit? Sorry, no.

You say it is not, but then...

20 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

through the Research Bureau and Elite ship XP converted to FXP

...on your next sentence you contradict yourself. LOL! 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yep, if you can't cope with every crate giving you the thing you want the least, don't get into this. I'm still waiting for the day when someone pulls 20 ships out of 20 mega crates and they're the 20 worst ships in the game.

Amen.

Also, that would be an epic troll!

🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Amen.

🙂

I'm currently at stage 15, stages cost 45 points to progress so my focus this week is first game coop Chung Mu then 1-2 asmetric battles to do snowflakes on T9 BBs and get my 20 pts per day. 

I was excited for the bonus stages originally but I noticed it will go to 50 points for those. 

4 hours ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Amen.

🙂

And THAT ^^^^ is called KARMA......

it is so much better odds wise to aspire to be under appreciated.....

6 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Yep.  So true.  Sometimes the lack of hitting a jackpot simply makes you want to quit.

And then, three months ago, a Super Container out of the daily progression gave me the Bismark?  6 years in the game and never saw that happen.   Fast forward to the very first unearned, lowest value xmas crate I revceived: a ship - the Lieptzig (spelling, sorry.)

We, clan mates of mine from a previous clan, exchanged xmas crates - 20 of the lowest ones.  I took 6 ships out of them.  I purchased 20 mega creates and took 4 ships and received several more since from events. 

Point is, for two years in the past, what I received was terrible.  And, this year a blessing....  RNG is alive and well;  and maybe, karma balances itself against great unknown quantity somehow.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

And then, three months ago, a Super Container out of the daily progression gave me the Bismark?

That should not be possible. On levels of "Flag the community managers and sing it from the rooftops" not possible. Historically not possible.

Are you sure it wasn't the Tirpitz?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

That should not be possible. On levels of "Flag the community managers and sing it from the rooftops" not possible. Historically not possible.

We are talking several months ago....  I checked my screenshots and it must have been a while back.  I'll check to see where I first talked about it...  I could be wrong and I don't think I took a screen shot because I was speechless.....  I've never received a major ship out of the blue..... I will check to see when and I will check with the clan mates who were there that night cause I was speechless....   More to follow.

48 minutes ago, Asym said:

We are talking several months ago....  I checked my screenshots and it must have been a while back.  I'll check to see where I first talked about it...  I could be wrong and I don't think I took a screen shot because I was speechless.....  I've never received a major ship out of the blue..... I will check to see when and I will check with the clan mates who were there that night cause I was speechless....   More to follow.

There was an event - with crates - where the drops included 3 tech tree ships and 1 premium ship. Bismarck was one of those tech tree ships - I got a bunch of credits, a 3 point commander and a port slot out of it. AND I got a Bismarck on my alt account. Same event.

It's impossible to get a Bismarck in a SC.

Edited by UnderTheRadarAgain
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

and

6 hours ago, UnderTheRadarAgain said:

There was an event - with crates - where the drops included 3 tech tree ships and 1 premium ship. Bismarck was one of those tech tree ships - I got a bunch of credits, a 3 point commander and a port slot out of it. AND I got a Bismarck on my alt account. Same event.

It's impossible to get a Bismarck in a SC.

Maybe I am mistaken>?  Its been a while since then, before this forum.  The last I talked about it was in October.  And, it is very possible that I have mixed up apples and oranges.

Appreciate the information and I have a German BB line with a Bismark all alone in the progression of ships and, to this day, receiving that BB was something special.   Now, the Musashi, as an IJN main would be "special" because I was very new to the game when it was available and simply didn't know any better.....

Thanks guys !

Hi all,

On 12/12/2023 at 4:06 PM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Just like Scharnhorst B" the "Scharnhorst 43" will be port queen I think... I only play the original one...

OK... OK... I admit I was wrong... 🙂

I now exclusively use the new "Scharnhorst 43" in both "Ranked" and latest "Brawl"... the increased secondaries stack very nicely with Lutjens and the 45s torpedo reload is very handy as well...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Asym said:

I have a German BB line with a Bismark all alone in the progression of ships and, to this day, receiving that BB was something special.

One of the event crates a while ago had the ability to give out the Bismarck, so if she's sitting there all by her lonesome you might have got her out of that. Getting her out of a Santa crate would be grounds for watching for a star in the east.

35 minutes ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

One of the event crates a while ago had the ability to give out the Bismarck, so if she's sitting there all by her lonesome you might have got her out of that. Getting her out of a Santa crate would be grounds for watching for a star in the east.

Not a Santa Crate.  A Super Container we get sometimes when the daily crates cycle on whatever that cycle is....  Instead of the everyday Coal container, I got a super container, if I am remembering this correctly, and that was the only time I received a ship out of a Super Container.   Another clan mate got the Pom out of one.

As I said, I don't have a screen shot and I won't see my clan mates and friends until tonight and I'll see what they remember.   We are getting a bit older and that's not an excuse.....it's a reality of jumbling memories.