How is your "Holidays in Santa City" progress going on?

Leo_Apollo11

1 minute ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Scharnhorst '43 has slower main battery reload (23s), shorter main gun range (18.9-km), no access to spotter aircraft, secondaries with higher fire setting potential though very slightly lower DPM, faster torpedo reload, French-esque +15% engine boost, modified and better module HP distribution on casemate and superstructure. That's all.

Stord '43 also has many differences, though considerable less attention has been given to her by CN communities.

Thanks for spelling out what I was too lazy to dive into!  👍

13 minutes ago, Project45_Opytny said:

Scharnhorst '43 has slower main battery reload (23s), shorter main gun range (18.9-km), no access to spotter aircraft, secondaries with higher fire setting potential though very slightly lower DPM, faster torpedo reload, French-esque +15% engine boost, modified and better module HP distribution on casemate and superstructure. That's all.

Stord '43 also has many differences, though considerable less attention has been given to her by CN communities.

So would this version be a better PVE ship than the original?

Scharn 43 in port. Hilariously, I finished the game before the one that got her with less than a hundred base XP to earn in order to get it. So of course I took my OG Scharnhorst out to do the deed. 

To think that WG asked us for a five (?) week grind in Randoms to get the Duke of York and then six Christmases later they hand the Scharn 43 out for easy peasy. I did it all in co-op, in five DAYS.

11 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

I'm curious about that, myself.  🙂 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

Having just played them back to back in coop, I'd say they're about the same in that context. But there's a whole bunch of people for whom this is going to be their first premium ship, and having a free Scharn 43 is better than having no OG Scharnhorst.

• Like 6

51 minutes ago, Asym said:

Yep, as I said:

shot-23_12.10_08_26.29-0279.thumb.jpg.ee5609d7b01fb828b4948e3e54d578c5.jpg

sry, I am totaly confused - or I am doing something wrong or you finish him with dubs? Tnx for clarification 🙂

54 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

EDIT: I've just seen other post with the details ... there are some differences between the Scharnhorst and the Scharnhorst '43. And here the cynic in me thought it was just a WG copy paste 🥴

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gillhunter said:

1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

1 hour ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

Having just played them back to back in coop, I'd say they're about the same in that context. But there's a whole bunch of people for whom this is going to be their first premium ship, and having a free Scharn 43 is better than having no OG Scharnhorst.

In a manner similar to @Ensign Cthulhu, I recently welcomed the Scharnhorst '43, and played some Co-op games to compare with the Scharnhorst and Scharnhorst-B already in my Port.

1.  I set-up each ship slightly differently, due to variations in Captain's Skills and a hull module (Aiming Systems Mod-1 compared with the Secondary Battery Mod-1 hull module)
2.  They share a hull design, and thus share maneuvering performance and rudder-shift parameters.  (No surprise, eh?)
As Tier-7 Battleships go, their turning radius is okay and their speed is quick.  But, they're not what I would call nimble.
3.  With the right modules and skills, one can get the Sec-bat guns range up to 9.1 km (without signal-flags).
4.  The Engine-Boost consumable is welcome, but not a game-changer (the trade-off being the spotter/fighter consumable).
5.  Main-gun performance & accuracy seems comparable and I can work with them. 
AimSys_Mod-1 only tightens up dispersion by 7%, and at close ranges (12 km or less) it's not a huge improvement. 
But, I'm talking about Co-op where closing the distance to targets is de rigeur, instead of the extra challenge of chasing "kite away" players in random battles.

Bottom line?
I'm not going to complain about a "free ship" and I feel the Scharnhorst '43 is a flavor variation of the original-gangsta Scharnhorst.
As such, she still has a lot of the qualities that made the Scharnhorst popular among players.

I have to agree with @Ensign Cthulhu, about the Scharnhorst '43 being a welcome addition to anyone's port (as a free ship) and especially so for newer players.

Hope that anecdotal impression after a handful of battles helps.

Edited by Wolfswetpaws

3 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I claimed the Level 10 rewards, which included the Premium German Battleship, the VII Scharnhorst '43

Lots of people seen to be progressing at a similar rate. I was in a match this morning just after getting the Sharnhorst '43 and almost everyone else in the match also said that they'd just got theirs.

• Like 1

I got it last night and was pleasantly surprised. First match spawned me in UF. I hit speed boost, scooted over and took out the Omaha and Atlanta, finished off the Dallas and then made a beeline back up north to defend the base from incoming planes (7 shot down, with the help from my fighter). Speed boost again back down to middle to intercept the Colorado and cruisers, then back for the final wave. In all, 10 kills but not outright as most were already hit. It did manage 9 citadels which I wasn't expecting with the main guns. I didn't have the range to land shots on the Ranger, but our Alabama was in good position to nab it and land big hits on the first wave of BBs.

All in all, a lot of fun. Secondaries helped, but it wasn't really the map for that. Didn't really get a chance to do anything with torps either. Launched some on the final wave but the match ended before they hit.

Definitely going to be playing this in Ops. It's obviously useful. Maybe not the greatest damage output but situationally it can sure get around the map quickly to help out.

image.thumb.jpeg.2063b82d1dca186a44d39b5c54a7ad01.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.0b310857dfea000e1ccee7575eb42446.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.7a7a929d5fc73470cf07fc79ce7b6462.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.f63242b29d743d4d7993d13a583c7feb.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.8ad263aeefbdc08c3600f289e60c280f.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.85bcee1088f8ca110df7da81a8119293.jpeg

• Like 1

Got it early this morning

One of the easiest grinds for a good free reward I have ever seen in this game.

spacer.png

Haven't played it yet. Too many flakes to do so sticking with my plan to finish them. I will play it once I get to T7 flakes.

1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Got it early this morning

One of the easiest grinds for a good free reward I have ever seen in this game.

spacer.png

Haven't played it yet. Too many flakes to do so sticking with my plan to finish them. I will play it once I get to T7 flakes.

Gratz Thunder. I got mine this evening. Haven't played it yet either, finishing up my tier 9 and 10s tonight. I did watch Potato Quality review the ship and took his advice to buy the special Propulsion Upgrade module for it using coal and my upgrade coupon. 

Got a German DD (Schonberg) using the last of my certificates. Never even heard of it until now. All I have left are my tier 6, 7, and 8s which of course, is the bulk of my fleet.  I finally have enough steel to buy another ship and am thinking of Incomparable since it is the only thing I am semi interested in..   I may wait for a while as I rarely play BBs.

6 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Gratz Thunder. I got mine this evening. Haven't played it yet either, finishing up my tier 9 and 10s tonight. I did watch Potato Quality review the ship and took his advice to buy the special Propulsion Upgrade module for it using coal and my upgrade coupon. 

Got a German DD (Schonberg) using the last of my certificates. Never even heard of it until now. All I have left are my tier 6, 7, and 8s which of course, is the bulk of my fleet.  I finally have enough steel to buy another ship and am thinking of Incomparable since it is the only thing I am semi interested in..   I may wait for a while as I rarely play BBs.

Congrat's to you as well.

Incomparable is pretty good in Co-op but very squishy so protect the sides.

I'm close to the Scharnhorst 43...but am going to bed. Work still beckons.

Maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

Scharn43 acquired...

Not having hydro is a bummer...built her hybrid because WG nerfed my secondary build play style...and hybrid is my 20 point German BB captain.

22 hours ago, Project45_Opytny said:

She also has standard 0.033s fuse timers on her AP, compared to Scharnhorst’s 0.010s. This means that her main battery performance will feel much more like Odin’s (complete with the same 23s reload) than the original’s.

WG recently did the same thing with Schill, which despite apparently having the same shells as Graf Spee also has 0.033s vs. 0.010s fuse timers.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 1

HI all,

Just like Scharnhorst B" the "Scharnhorst 43" will be port queen I think... I only play the original one...

Leo "Apollo11"

On 12/10/2023 at 6:45 AM, Gillhunter said:

Better secondary guns + faster reloading torps + speed boost will certainly make it better for PVE. The longer reloading main guns and shorter main gun range won't matter much at all as the main guns are pretty crappy and you play close in Co-op anyway. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Better secondary guns + faster reloading torps + speed boost will certainly make it better for PVE. The longer reloading main guns and shorter main gun range won't matter much at all as the main guns are pretty crappy and you play close in Co-op anyway. 

Just played it this morning for the first time. Had a pretty decent game. May be a bit better.

• Like 1

Picked up Scharnhorst '43 this morning.  Thanks WG.

p.s  don't forget to scrap the snowflake on the Scharnhorst '43!

Edited by Slammer58
  • Like 1