How is your "Holidays in Santa City" progress going on?

Leo_Apollo11

Hi all,

I reached Level 8 without much time used (mostly doing Asymmetrical Battles to do the Snowflaking missions)...

Leo "Apollo11"

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I reached Level 8 without much time used (mostly doing Asymmetrical Battles to do the Snowflaking missions)...

Leo "Apollo11"

thats all ive been playing 

36 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Current status is "Level 10 - Progress points 8/15".

2 hours ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

Currently working on level 10, should get Scharnhorst '43 tomorrow.

Same here, at 1 out of 15 points when I stopped. I was doing the snowflakes for my Pan American cruisers and it was brutal going ... they are very difficult to use in Asymmetric battles given their lack of HE shells.

31 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Same here, at 1 out of 15 points when I stopped. I was doing the snowflakes for my Pan American cruisers and it was brutal going ... they are very difficult to use in Asymmetric battles given their lack of HE shells.

Yeah I hate anything that does not give you a choice of shells. Best thing to do with them is just run them in co-op and try to get into position to torp the bots. Over 90% of the time, I am shooting at angled, bow in, bots and have found all the AP only ships are just pathetic. After a while of running them I just try to get a few points of damage and just walk away from the keyboard or go for a ram to be done.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BigHeadShrimp said:

Currently working on level 10, should get Scharnhorst '43 tomorrow.

1 hour ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Also on stage 10. Last I looked it was like 1/2 done. So I assume tomorrow.

All Co-op so far except one Random battle I did in Roma for credits toward the BB credit Dockyard task.

• Like 2

Completing every mission at the moment but I am not too sure whether I can finish 10k bxp per day when its near Christmas. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

I think I am at Lvl 9 right now

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

Leo "Apollo11"

Same here max points so far, Asymmetric and coop almost only gamemode.

• Like 1

Stage 9 and Scharnhorst '43 is within one battle's reach.

In hindsight, the event is designed in such a way that by playing casually over its entire duration a player is almost guaranteed (even weekly or daily challenges are excluded, it takes only 25 days of earning 1500BXP to claim all rewards) to complete the chain, and only 125 progression pts (even if one only plays one battle to clear the 500BXP mission everyday would be achieved within two weeks) is needed to collect Scharn 43, but any more effort beyond 1500BXP=20 progression pts has a much worse conversion rate.

• Like 1

Stage 9, Scharnhorst '43 by tomorrow.

Grind/Snowflake knocking has been pleasant & gotten thanked for sharing awareness of the SANTA2023 code & Gingerbread gift around.

Until just now that is, got reported for -and I quote the person- "Old News" and then pointing out to them there's 7 other people to whom it may be new news.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Kynami said:

Scharnhorst '43 is now in port and the delivery boy Adalbert Wentzel with no levels has been released to go elsewhere.

"Adalbert, suck my Luger."

"Herr Kynami, is this some sort of sick euphemism?"

"No." BANG.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I'm done.  Now, the follow up tickets are all that is left till the event runs out.  Asymmetrical Battles and a few COOP's.  And, right after I got the 43, I bought out the rest.  I normally don't spend but, I have limited time this year.

Scharnhorst '43 looks pretty darned similar to Scharnhorst.  '43's torps appear mildly better, while her AA is lightly worse.  Is there any significant difference between these two ships?

Similarly, besides being a tier higher, is there a noticeable difference between Stord and Stord '43?

5 minutes ago, Asym said:

I'm done.  Now, the follow up tickets are all that is left till the event runs out.  Asymmetrical Battles and a few COOP's.  And, right after I got the 43, I bought out the rest.  I normally don't spend but, I have limited time this year.

You're done?!  I tried to find a shocked emoji.

• Like 2

Reached Level 11 in the "Holidays in Santa City" seasonal event equivalent of the normal "Battle Pass".  In doing so, I claimed the Level 10 rewards, which included the Premium German Battleship, the VII Scharnhorst '43 (which is a relatively recent arrival in World of Warships, anyway).
The VII Scharnhorst '43 was delivered by Commander Stefan Klein (zero skill points).
He will be sent back to Shipbuilder's City with thanks for a safe delivery.
Captain selection and hull module installation to begin, soon.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

Scharnhorst '43 looks pretty darned similar to Scharnhorst.  '43's torps appear mildly better, while her AA is lightly worse.  Is there any significant difference between these two ships?

Similarly, besides being a tier higher, is there a noticeable difference between Stord and Stord '43?

Scharnhorst '43 has slower main battery reload (23s), shorter main gun range (18.9-km), no access to spotter aircraft, secondaries with higher fire setting potential though very slightly lower DPM, faster torpedo reload, French-esque +15% engine boost, modified and better module HP distribution on casemate and superstructure. That's all.

Stord '43 also has many differences, though considerable less attention has been given to her by CN communities.

• Thanks 3