Super *cough* cointainer thread? Yes? No?

ZeuSueZ1337

Comming up on the 24th of August (and the cakeday-SC-haul event in a few weeks time) I'm sort of wondering if there should be such a thread? Since there is no such thing on the Reddit it could draw some ex-forumites over. It should probably be a sticky topic if its created.

In the guidelines I see nothing bout' l00t-stuff pro/con, and I for one don't really consider specifically SCs to be that, but there may be other opionions on i the crowd? Or other admin/moderator considerations?

So whats the verdict? Yay? Nay?

UpDown.gif

Edited by ZeuSueZ1337
Added paragraph
  • Like 2

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction
4 minutes ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

Comming up on the 24th of August (and the cakeday-SC-haul event in a few weeks time) I'm sort of wondering if there should be such a thread? Since there is no such thing on the Reddit it could draw some ex-forumites over. It should probably be a sticky topic if its created.

In the guidelines I see nothing bout' l00t-stuff pro/con, and I for one don't really consider specifically SCs to be that, but there may be other opionions on i the crowd? Or other admin/moderator considerations?

So whats the verdict? Yay? Nay?

I'm not sure I get what your asking?  A permanent topic, my guess would be no.  But a user creating a topic about what SC you got would be expected I'd think.  I don't see why it's sticky if people are just moaning about how crappy their 50 flag drop was :classic_laugh:  Or am I missing something?

16 minutes ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

I'm sort of wondering if there should be such a thread?

We used to get a thread every 24th on the old forums, and I can assure you that there will be plenty of Anniversary brag threads from the people who pulled good loot and Anniversary "RNGesus shafted me without lube" threads from people who got fifty gazillion assorted camos. The members here will take care of that themselves. No extra encouragement at all is required! 😁

At least the Anniversary supers should all be without cost, so any complaints about 'gambling' can be dismissed immediately.

But just wait till Christmas, where I can assure you even more than I already have done that some of the people who bought paid crates and didn't get what they wanted will be here, and everywhere else that will give them a soapbox, to bring more salt than the Dead Sea.

Edited by Ensign Cthulhu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

"RNGesus shafted me without lube"

I spat my coffee out! xD

That is indeed quality (and I've run out of +1s again...)!

Salute.gif.aafc32310bb5012f9701cdd141377b22.gif

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Ensign Cthulhu said:

We used to get a thread every 24th on the old forums, and I can assure you that there will be plenty of Anniversary brag threads from the people who pulled good loot and Anniversary "RNGesus shafted me without lube" threads from people who got fifty gazillion assorted camos. The members here will take care of that themselves. No extra encouragement at all is required! 😁

At least the Anniversary supers should all be without cost, so any complaints about 'gambling' can be dismissed immediately.

But just wait till Christmas, where I can assure you even more than I already have done that some of the people who bought paid crates and didn't get what they wanted will be here, and everywhere else that will give them a soapbox, to bring more salt than the Dead Sea.

If you don't like this kind of content, than loot box economies aren't your thing.

Of course people will be complaining...that's the inevitable result of buying something and not getting what you wanted to buy.

I wanna emphasize that this is solely for a SC-thread.

Not for Santa/Satan, depending on your perspective, crates since those arguably holds quite an element of gambeling within in their mechanics.

12 hours ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

I'm not sure I get what your asking?  A permanent topic, my guess would be no.  But a user creating a topic about what SC you got would be expected I'd think.  I don't see why it's sticky if people are just moaning about how crappy their 50 flag drop was :classic_laugh:  Or am I missing something?

I was asking what the forum/mod/admins approach to such a topic would be, the reference being the one set up here (this reference will go away in a few months time, but for the time being) nothing more. And perhaps a convoluted way to lure players who wanna brag or moan bout' the stuff they get in SC, onto this forum as they are not allowed that kind of post on the, sort of, other forum - the subreddit

• Like 1

Hello @ZeuSueZ1337

You can use this topic or a new one if you and other users would like to share your SC haul. Let me know if you'd like this topic to be cleaned/closed  

This year I am thinking about makeing a YT vid of the anniversary SC "unboxing" once I collect my due, just for future reference... 😁

• Like 3

Guest Capt_of_Satisfaction
8 hours ago, ZeuSueZ1337 said:

I wanna emphasize that this is solely for a SC-thread.

Not for Santa/Satan, depending on your perspective, crates since those arguably holds quite an element of gambeling within in their mechanics.

I was asking what the forum/mod/admins approach to such a topic would be, the reference being the one set up here (this reference will go away in a few months time, but for the time being) nothing more. And perhaps a convoluted way to lure players who wanna brag or moan bout' the stuff they get in SC, onto this forum as they are not allowed that kind of post on the, sort of, other forum - the subreddit

OK, my guess would be the same as any other thread.  Be respectful and use common decency and post away about your SC's.  Obviously, we won't let this become Reddit.  But kvetch away :-) Thanks @EXEC_HYMNE_Ar_tonelico

My last SC was Marceau and I'm still smiling :classic_biggrin:

7 minutes ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

My last SC was Marceau and I'm still smiling :classic_biggrin:

And here I was just starting to like you.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

Vanguard, how does anyone like this floating disaster :classic_unsure:

<frantic barrel-scraping> She's quite pretty...?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody seems to be using this thread to post SC drops... can't find anything else except the 'Monthly' SC thread and this does not qualify because this is a daily container drop, 1st container, a TYL. Sadly what I got was:

7 days of premium time.