Who is Santa_Sinks_Ships?

PrairiePlayer

Is WG sending out gift packages to some players?  I just received notice that I have been gifted several Santa gift containers from someone named Santa_Sinks_Ships (who I don't know).  I have not accepted the gifts yet, because I don't who who sent them.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Is WG sending out gift packages to some players?  I just received notice that I have been gifted several Santa gift containers from someone named Santa_Sinks_Ships (who I don't know).  I have not accepted the gifts yet, because I don't who who sent them.  

Same here. 8 Santa's gift containers + 8 Christmas tree tokens

Has anyone tried contacting him in the game chat?

• Like 2

I tried to contact the mystery donor and noticed he (or she) is off-line.  I did send a PM.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

just received notice that I have been gifted several Santa gift containers from someone named Santa_Sinks_Ships (who I don't know).

Searching WoWs numbers for that name directs to page with a different name, so he or she likely recently changed it, presumably as part of these activities.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

It is just me.  I am working a little overtime this time of year

Enjoy the gifts.  It is that time of year -- I give and do not take.  You have already gifted me in your own little way by just being a good person.

If I stop by again, perhaps I can gift a little more...

So Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

Thanks much, Santa!  Good to see you!

Tries to think how Santa got that name...

"Uh, sir? That's a flying sled being pulled by reindeer guided by a man in red robes."

"Yes, it's Santa.  Pay them no mind."

"Coming in awfully low to the water, sir.  And what are those reindeer carrying in their front hooves?  Are those torpedoes?"

*sounds of gasping*

"Evasive action!"

"Sir, I think those torpedoes are homing in on us!"

"Someone aboard has been naughty this year!  I knew it!  Quickly, send the damage control party to throw them overboard!"

"It's too late sir!  I can see the red light of the torpedoes' noses oh so bright!"

"All hands, abandon ship! "

...and decides he better just watch out, better not cry, and better not pout.

Edited by Jakob Knight
  • Haha 12

3 hours ago, Santa_Sinks_Ships said:

Enjoy the gifts.  It is that time of year -- I give and do not take.  You have already gifted me in your own little way by just being a good person.

Thank you on behalf of the community.

Perhaps you'd care to participate in the Secret Santa event?  Thread is pinned.

• Like 3

Also, since I'm doing fly-bys off and on, you will need to login into your account on the World of Warships Premium Shop webpage (that's if you have been good).

@Nevermore135  that T.O.W., by the way, is old school. I have advanced weaponry from Skunk Works on my ride...ho, ho, ho...

Santa.png.7606c8601b912d6b24d646ada5f163b3.png

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Santa_Sinks_Ships said:

Received my gift. Thank you very much, Santa!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Santa_Sinks_Ships said:

Good on you for what you are doing for people. Well done.

salute.jpg.070269b8e9e537aca9bce7213eacb524.jpg

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 3

It's amazing indeed to have people like that on here - puts a little magic to Christmas, even for us 50-year-olds of all ages.

• Like 4

And a thank you to @Santa_Sinks_Ships from me. 

Very nice to receive a gift of 8 Santa gift containers from a complete stranger.

A reminder that there are nice people out there.

All the best to you and your family this holiday season.

• Like 3

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the complete surprise that @Santa_Sinks_Ships and a helper from across the great pond presented to me today. I am, well, in German, I'd say "völlig geplättet", but I'm unsure how to express this in English ("dumbstruck", "gobsmacked" and "flabbergasted" may not carry the positive tune that is inherent to my expression here).

Kind regards, Nightowl

• Like 4

Just had a nice cup of Dallmayr Prodomo at the Munich Christmas Market to warm up.  Parking was a little tight, but I found a nice rooftop to land on (I took my compact sleigh this trip - can you find it?)  Still on my travels with several more stops to make.

MunichChristmas.thumb.jpg.0f6ea59b6888a202292554eab6be260f.jpg

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Santa_Sinks_Ships said:

Just had a nice cup of Dallmayr Prodomo at the Munich Christmas Market to warm up

Nice! The good thing is, with the beard and the hood pulled up, no-one will recognize you. Ho-ho-ho! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1