PSA: Secret Santa lives!

iDuckman

For years it was a tradition on the NA forum (and elsewhere?) to start a Secret Santa thread where the next poster would buy a present for the previous poster.  It was very successful, but one cannot gift across servers.  So this year @Forgotten_Void has started threads on the WoWs Discord for each server, hoping that the larger population would make them more successful.  Check it out!

NA https://discord.com/channels/669128285527080961/1182511944981287022

EU https://discord.com/channels/669128285527080961/1182532800654606448

SEA https://discord.com/channels/669128285527080961/1182519888707866624

--------------------------

Update: I guess we can do one here for those who don't do Discord.  Here are the rules:

• Reply to the last gifter from your server.  If there isn't a gifter from your server yet, just post Merry Christmas (or similar) and wait.
  • Make some indication that you're gifting him.  Something like, "Merry Christmas" or "Check your loot pile".  He'll be notified by the game, but it also flags you as a gifter and to whom you gifted. 
  • Buy him a gift in the Premium Shop.  As much or as little as you feel comfortable with.  Crates, dubs, whatever.  A small Santa crate is $1; a Big is less than that latte.
  • That's it.  Sit back and enjoy that warm glow.  There's nothing like it.

There are some Don'ts as well.  These are mostly to keep the gifting thread from becoming incomprehensible.

• Don't thank your gifter in this thread !  Use this one:  Secret Santa milk and cookies thread
  • Don't report what you got.  [same deal]
  • Don't gift out of sequence (unless it's to me). 
  • DO please be careful to find the last gifter.  If it gets too confusing, a "Who's next on EU?" post is okay.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, y'all.

P.S.  It's okay to open your presents early.

Edited by I_cant_Swim_
Instructions updated by iDuckman
  • Like 4

• HogHammer pinned this topic
  • I_cant_Swim_ featured this topic
On 12/16/2023 at 2:35 PM, HogHammer said:

Merry Christmas, and may you and your family have a wonderful, safe, and prosperous 2024 @clammboy.

Merry Christmas to you

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 12/16/2023 at 7:35 AM, HogHammer said:

Merry Christmas, and may you and your family have a wonderful, safe, and prosperous 2024.

Same to you, Hammer of the Hogs.  Check your email.

I'd gift to Wulf_Ace (I wonder if he has a beard, i.e. Wool-Face) but he's protected by a very large, sometimes angry moat.  Wait, how did he gift to clamm_boy?

• Thanks 1

• SureBridge unpinned this topic
  • I_cant_Swim_ unfeatured this topic

Secret Santa usually runs until after New Years Day.  It's a tradition to leave one's Christmas decorations up through Jan. 6, or the Feast of the Epiphany, when the three Wise Guys come bearing Gifts.

I wonder if there are still motivated Santas among us?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Like 1