Forum Moderation

SureBridge

34 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Sorryyoucannotaddanymorereactionstoday_screenshot_08-16-2023_.thumb.jpg.ac0724ed2882f4354ffa53013abe88a5.jpg
Hmm.  Looks like I'll do things manually, again.
Thanks_WorldofWarships_trophy-icon_03-23-2022_.jpg.deef3950fd5df738a67b6b53483e1886.jpg

I imagine there will be a meme about the limited quantity of our emoticon reactions, at some point.  🙂

Perhaps we could have an emoticon with a sign saying 'I'm out of illegible'.

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Perhaps we could have an emoticon with a sign saying 'I'm out of illegible'.

Which we couldn't use because ....
Sorryyoucannotaddanymorereactionstoday_screenshot_08-16-2023_.thumb.jpg.2b45d736f72c3d42d52b433541424644.jpg

It's probably best to have that conversation in another topic, though.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

maxim to guide us

Happily, some great philosophers have done the heavy lifting for us already:

BeExcellent.thumb.gif.df2e13a7d8cc5db336fc895497cfa006.gif

and

HotFuzzTwat.thumb.gif.c828282eb4f51e13e9040c941bfabe1f.gif

Words to live by...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Now that being said, every forum needs rules and moderation. One thing I didn't liked about EU was ......it wasn't really newcomer friendly. If somebody posted a silly question... very easily could become subject of ridicule.  That... wasn't ok.

Issues like this are something that can, arguably should be, more aggressively moderated.  I'd be fine with a rule that we are expected to be friendly to newcomers, even if their first post is ranting, or a silly question.  Plus, this is where mods need to lead by example and welcome new members and get these discussions off on the right foot.  Once the expectation is set by those leading by positive example it's much easier for others to follow.

5 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

Politics and history: I'm very much for the inclusion of them, in a limited manner. We are not living in a vacuum. Obviously, direct provocations and attacks should not be allowed, but autocratic and totalitarian regimes have very different "values" compared to liberal democracies and that should not be forgotten.  A reference here and there should be ok, if persistent a request to move the discussion to PM's. Obviously starting a debate on the shortcomings of marxism or the dangers of fascism is a no go. but again a reference here and there would go a loong way to diversify the discussion and to confer depth to it. Discussing only game issues, without context, it could become rapidly dry. For example discussing mines and leaving out the fact that it was the primary weapon of the.... glorious Soviet Navy.....well....yeah.

This sort of touches on some of my concerns.  As I said in an earlier post, this is most likely only ever going to be a niche forum with a fairly small group of people posting here.  Things will be boring very fast if we're just rehashing the same discussions over and over with the same people.  This is why I favor the idea of having the rules be more relaxed and letting the place find it's own personality and direction.  While the vision may be for this to be a one stop place for all warships content, it may never be that.  That's why I'm open to the idea about letting things go where they may.  It's possible the place where the discussions are more popular is in the off topic section, and ships become very much secondary.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

This sort of touches on some of my concerns.  As I said in an earlier post, this is most likely only ever going to be a niche forum with a fairly small group of people posting here.

Well idk.......the WG deeds post got like  2.5K views and 167 replies.

1 hour ago, Slimeball91 said:

Things will be boring very fast if we're just rehashing the same discussions over and over with the same people. 

I'm still muted and I couldn't contact a LOT of the folks from EU.  In a day or two I will start ping them. Hopefully our numbers will start to inflate :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

Well idk.......the WG deeds post got like  2.5K views and 167 replies.

I'm still muted and I couldn't contact a LOT of the folks from EU.  In a day or two I will start ping them. Hopefully our numbers will start to inflate :)

I got some I can contact too but like you are muted I am banned. Talked about it with someone and HR is just being HR for the next 20hrs. Next will be perma banned. Funny never got a warning ever in the past 11 years on WG forums but cant last 1 month without getting a warning and a 1 day ban in a day.