What anime character would you like to make a captain

kriegerfaust

2 minutes ago, Paladin1954 said:

For Japanes BB Lady Tsunade Senju from Naruto

Tsunade.jpg

See, at least this one looks of age. Some of the anime girls people draw make me wonder about them.  Some of those are just not cool. 

• Like 1

COWBOYBEB_Unit_08114RC4.jpg

to be fair in anime age is wanky 

30 looks 15........3000 looks 12 so yeak anime is wierd

also wish granted ....buwhahahah

but look at Ein so cute

• Like 1

Voicing my opinion on the "weeb" culture got me banned from the old forum. That being said, there are actually good animes. I'd vote for Captain Migi

migi.jpg

8 minutes ago, Gillhunter said:

If you guys have a fascination with 12 year old girls, more power to you I guess. 

In Kantai Collection and Azur Lane, the type of ship (Submarine, DD, Cruiser, BB, CV) determines the body & age of the anime character.

Kancolle Fubuki, for example, is drawn as a teenage school-girl.  Kancolle Yamato is depicted as a mature woman with amazonian proportions.
Azur Lane Musashi, for example, takes the "big guns = amazingly curvy proportions" meme to another level.

Azur Lane Mikasa is treated like a respected grandmother, but she's depicted as a mature woman with an athletic figure who hasn't begun getting grey hairs with age.
spacer.png  
https://azurlane.koumakan.jp/wiki/Mikasa

Some of what is going on in anime is "cultural".
And some of it is a drawing convention or standard which is used in anime, I think.

Using head-to-body ratio to adjust a character’s height and age (part 1)
https://animeartmagazine.com/using-head-to-body-ratio-to-adjust-a-characters-height-and-age-part-1/

That said, when I first watched Kantai Kollection, season 1, a lot of what resonated with me wasn't the appearance of the characters. 
No, what resonated with me, and what I could relate to, was the "military life" and the experiences of being deployed far from home and expected to put one's life on the line to protect one's self, one's comrades, and ultimately the civilians at home from an impending invasion. 
The shared good times and the shared difficult times of being in a military unit, depicted in an anime' series was a slice-of-life portrayal that my heart could empathize with, even if the specific details of the situation (in the anime) were different than my own experiences.

Perhaps, I can explain it another way.  In the USA there are many "cartoons" and "comic book superheroes" and "newspaper comic-strip characters".
They're all drawn according to the author's wishes and the illustrator's inspirations or motivations.
With super-heroes, such as Marvel's X-Men and the DC Comics' Justice League, there are certain 'standards' of appearance and proportion utilized.  There may be variations introduced by different illustrator teams, but the characters are recognizable.
Fans of anime' can enjoy all sorts of depictions of characters, from the obscure and early anime' to the modern stuff. 
And I think all people can explore art and cartoonish characters from around the world and discover and appreciate the stuff that is "different" than what we grew-up with and is familiar to us.
Different does not automatically mean "bad".  🙂 

• Like 2
  • Bored 3

Anime is just a medium, no different than western cartoons.

Whenever I see anime compared to blatantly illegal stuff, I immediately think of this.

1702080366979558.jpg

Edited by Beleaf
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Type_93 said:

See, at least this one looks of age. Some of the anime girls people draw make me wonder about them.  Some of those are just not cool. 

The irony is that Tsunade is very much the opposite. She is actually old ( 55 ) but uses ninja magic to appear young.

Edited by Beleaf
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not a weeb so none (especially oversexualized little girls).

But as close as I could come (not sure it qualifies as "anime"?) would be the Captain from the late 70's-early 80's US show Starblazers (that was based on Space Battleship Yamato from the 70's). And him specifically and not one of the newer versions of his character. Loved that show as pre-teen and young teen.

spacer.png

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Like 4

If we are talking purely about captains that would never happen, Kancolle Nagato (because Kancolle crossover never):

image.thumb.png.144e99f142e8f529523758fa624c94d8.png

Also, Kancolle Nagato > AL Nagato.

• Like 3

I am not a real fan of Anime and have the same reservations @AdmiralThunder had responding because I am not sure where "Speed Racer" falls in Anime market.

image.png.41582f8126666a72482e55c679241f76.png

Again, from the 1960's and early 1970's.   But, as a kid, I watched a lot of this show and enjoyed it.

And, the powers to be,  made a US movie out of the animated series in 2008.    Yeah.

• Like 2

Does it have to be a character from an official IP?    Plenty good ones to choose from

5 hours ago, Kalishnikat said:

Voicing my opinion on the "weeb" culture got me banned from the old forum.

Hello again.

nrd9juc6he211.jpg

Folks, if you don't like anime, then just move along to the next thread. Nobody wants to hear you complain about it, even less people want to hear you insult it with the same tired old buzzwords and memes.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Beleaf said:

Anime is just a medium, no different than western cartoons.

Whenever I see anime compared to blatantly illegal stuff, I immediately think of this.

1702080366979558.jpg

Did someone compare anime to something illegal in this thread?

My squadron's mascot which adorned our OA-4Ms when I was in the Marines.

image.jpeg.54649fede44c50f6acf804749b1814f3.jpeg

1984~'88... I've lived here in Japan ever since (40 years next July) and never did care much for the whole anime thing. Go figure.
Don't really like sushi either, lol. But It's a nice place to live and lots of pretty women around. 😄 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Gillhunter said:

If you guys have a fascination with 12 year old girls, more power to you I guess. 

1 hour ago, Gillhunter said:

Did someone compare anime to something illegal in this thread?

spacer.png

7 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Not a weeb so none (especially oversexualized little girls).

But as close as I could come (not sure it qualifies as "anime"?) would be the Captain from the late 70's-early 80's US show Starblazers (that was based on Space Battleship Yamato from the 70's). And him specifically and not one of the newer versions of his character. Loved that show as pre-teen and young teen.

Star Blazers *is* anime'.  It was edited from Uchuu Senkan Yamato, which is an anime' production.

You're among the two people (so far) who have suggested a character that is already mentioned in this topic.  🙂 

But, as as choices go, Captain Juzo Okita, a.k.a. Captain Avatar, is a good choice.  So, we agree upon that.  🙂 

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1
  • Bored 1

So, anime is the over-proportioned eyes and... whatever? Well, if I may, for myself I'd take Destiny Angel. Captain Black, too, but DA was just so hot.

• Like 1

So, this is really old school, but...

35445663_0.jpg.2e727caf3b6e6e2579525743fd4cdd05.jpg

Would really like this on a flag...  "Mighty Mouse"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

So, anime is the over-proportioned eyes and... whatever? Well, if I may, for myself I'd take Destiny Angel. Captain Black, too, but DA was just so hot.

There were plenty of "proportions" in pin-up art, too.  🙂 
spacer.png  
https://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCKY-STRIKE-Cigarette-Poster-New-Original-Retro-Pinup-Smoker-Art-Print-077-/111203622493

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SolitudeFreak said:

If we are talking purely about captains that would never happen, Kancolle Nagato (because Kancolle crossover never):

image.thumb.png.144e99f142e8f529523758fa624c94d8.png

Also, Kancolle Nagato > AL Nagato.

Honestly, I prefer most of the Kancolle versions of IJN "ships" over their AL counterparts. However we need more than just Nagato from Kancolle, but Kongo, Yamato, Bucky, Shimakaze, Atago, and, of course, Yudachi.

Oh and before I forget,

POI!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Star Blazers *is* anime'.  It was edited from Uchuu Senkan Yamato, which is an anime' production.

You're among the two people (so far) who have suggested a character that is already mentioned in this topic.  🙂 

But, as as choices go, Captain Juzo Okita, a.k.a. Captain Avatar, is a good choice.  So, we agree upon that.  🙂 

Excuse me Mr. forum posting police but when I posted no one mentioned the character I did that I saw. Looking closer now Admiral_Karasu had mentioned the base character but with no picture, a Japanese name (I assume), and not being a weeb I didn't open the link and didn't realize it was who it is.

Also, while that is the same basic person, it is not the one I specifically said I wanted from the US Starblazers series. There are differences in him based on what series/movie you watch(ed).

And him specifically and not one of the newer versions of his character.

EDIT - here is a good analogy. Optimus Prime is a well known main character from the Transformers series. BUT we all know there are slight differences in that character based on the actual series/show/movie you refer to. When he was added as a Captain people wanted the original voice actor version for the voice over and not one of the other voice actor versions. THAT is what I mean by I want the Starblazers version of this base character. Same but not the same be it voice actor and/or slightly different traits based on series/show/movie.

So ONE person not two and it would take a weeb to know it was the same base character which I said I am not.

You really need to stop doing this kind of thing. Gives you a really bad reputation and just angers people needlessly. I don't need your permission and prior clearance to answer a question asked in a thread here. No one needs you pointing out if someone posted a similar answer. No one cares, but you, so keep it to yourself please. 100% civil comments here but I am getting tired of you doing this to posts I make.

WOW! Time to add those names I removed for the Co-op contest back onto the blacklist. Didn't take long to remind me why some where on it to begin with. May I suggest you add my name to your blacklist and maybe it will help stop forum issues between us.

wow-gif.gif

Edited by AdmiralThunder

Vash the Stampede.  Maybe some of this better qualities would rub off on me.

vash-the-stampede-b9bndy8nj97kjuo8.jpg

Like his ability to wreak complete havoc and yet win.

• Like 2