Is the modstation still not working for anyone else?

Zaydin

Title. It was supposed to be up today but it's still not working for me. I tried an uninstall and reinstall of the Modstation and it still hasn't fixed it.

I switched to Aslain’s mods due to the Modstation mods either not working or not being updated. I have not been disappointed since. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The Modstation is working, it's just that several of the mods are completely gone, and many others are grayed out.

I like the Aslain mods that you can get here. More choices than ModStation. I think ModStation project is dead now. I don't think it's a supported product anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

The Modstation is working, it's just that several of the mods are completely gone, and many others are grayed out.

No it's not working here in the NA at least for me in NY. I uninstalled and reinstalled still does not work usually the reinstall works.

14 minutes ago, clammboy said:

No it's not working here in the NA at least for me in NY. I uninstalled and reinstalled still does not work usually the reinstall works.

Interesting if there's a region difference. I'd think the Modstation is the same no matter which region you play. I downloaded it yesterday (EU) and installed. It works, but it's selection is now rather uninspiring.

Previously, when there were issues they usually were solved by re-downloading and re-installing the Modstation on top of the existing version on your PC.

3 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

We’re starting to see the combined effect of mods that came out of the RU community shifting to MK and no longer being updated for WoWs (like the All Ships in Tree mod) and WG forcing communication on to Discord.

32 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

Aslain.thumb.png.286c1ca54098bf6d7ab916cfff516b5d.pngMay be calling you.  Download ★ World of Warships ★ Modpack - Downloads - Aslain.com

Left ModStation a long time ago for @Aslain.  It is just so much better and more reliable.  Never looked back.

I’ve still been using the ModStation because of the extra layer of legitimacy/assurance (WG approves Aslains but they also directly publish the ModStation), especially since a lot of us no longer have an effective way to communicate with WG staff outside Twitch now that the forums are closed if/when something gets incorrectly flagged.

I might have to reconsider if things keep going downhill.

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Nevermore135 said:

We’re starting to see the combined effect of mods that came out of the RU community shifting to MK and no longer being updated for WoWs (like the All Ships in Tree mod) and WG forcing communication on to Discord.

I’ve still been using the ModStation because of the extra layer of legitimacy/assurance (WG approves Aslains but they also directly publish the ModStation), especially since a lot of us no longer have an effective way to communicate with WG staff outside Twitch now that the forums are closed if/when something gets incorrectly flagged.

I might have to reconsider if things keep going downhill.

Well, I played on a technically vanilla client throughout last update. I did miss certain handy UI features. Some of them the Modstation still apparently provides, but not everything. All minimap mods seem to be gone. There's only a couple of team panel options available. Additionally, the Navigator/Battle Expert options are gone.

• Like 2

It updated on patch morning for me. Even Battleframe's minimap mod that had been down for some time was available. 

• Like 1

Due to RL issues I've not played for a week.

First game was today.

Launched Modstation, clicked the button to reload mods, entered game. Everything looked fine.

Only when I finished playing and came here I noticed what @Admiral_Karasu said about Navigator/Battle Expert being gone.

I didn't even notice!! LOL And I used to rely heavily on seeing the red ships angle.

I'm now seriously thinking about switching to Aslan the lion's pack as there is so much missing from Modstation.

It's a real shame as I've been using it for years and feel comfortable with it but I guess times change.....

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Well, I played on a technically vanilla client throughout last update. I did miss certain handy UI features. Some of them the Modstation still apparently provides, but not everything. All minimap mods seem to be gone. There's only a couple of team panel options available. Additionally, the Navigator/Battle Expert options are gone.

The only one of the user interface mods that I use that was missing last patch was a  chat mod (one that displays the ship alongside the username in the chat message). That was really annoying, as having to check the player list to know who is talking is very inconvenient. What really hurts is the absence of the above-mentioned mod that shows all premium and special ships in the tech tree. Being able to check the parameters of every ship in the game at will was extremely useful.

Edited by Nevermore135

38 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

The only one of the user interface mods that I use that was missing last patch was a  chat mod (one that displays the ship alongside the username in the chat message). That was really annoying, as having to check the player list to know who is talking is very inconvenient. What really hurts is the absence of the above-mentioned mod that shows all premium and special ships in the tech tree. Being able to check the parameters of every ship in the game at will was extremely useful.

Right.. now that you mention it, I was using that mod myself too.

18 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Title. It was supposed to be up today but it's still not working for me. I tried an uninstall and reinstall of the Modstation and it still hasn't fixed it.

STOP using Modstation! Use Aslains! it works 1000 % better and update mods os much faster than Modstation that can hardly gte mods to work in time of next patch.

• Like 2

I switched back to Aslains two patches ago. They're updated patch day or the day after at the most. I got fed up with Modstation and WeeGee's shoulder shugging "not our problem" attitude

• Like 2

Always used Aslains pack, i tried Modstation when it was first released, it was all in russian, and had already updates issues, i came back quickly to Aslain's and never had to complain about it since.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Latouche_Treville said:

Always used Aslains pack, i tried Modstation when it was first released, it was all in russian, and had already updates issues, i came back quickly to Aslain's and never had to complain about it since.

Yep. Tbh I found Modstation super cumbersome in opposition to Aslain;s no nonsense interface. Not only that but he always was very supportive ( he even made a mod for my "request"!!, hidden/transparent ribbons) so.....there is no comparison.