The Tell....... ( Mega Crates )

Col_NASTY

I can only vouch for Mega Crates.

Remember last year it was a slight Glitch in how the Crate  went down and came up then you KNEW it was a ship?

Well THIS year , turn up your sound.

It definitely makes a different " Ka- Thunk " as it goes down to bring up a crate with a SHIP or DUBS.

A bit louder/deeper and in 2 tight parts.

I got over 80 crates and a BUNCH of ships and Dubs out of them so I know.  The last few ships I was able to call it before they even came up to open.

Have fun !🤩

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Col_NASTY said:

Remember last year it was a slight Glitch in how the Crate  went down and came up then you KNEW it was a ship?

It definitely makes a different " Ka- Thunk " as it goes down to bring up a crate with a SHIP or DUBS.

I got over 80 crates and a BUNCH of ships and Dubs out of them so I know.  The last few ships I was able to call it before they even came up to open.

Have fun !🤩

I always knew it was a ship because of the glitch... it paused when going down.  Thanks for the tip on the dubs!  🙂  I wish I didn't enjoy opening those so much...

I miss the old tell where you got a bell like noise when a ship dropped just as it was about to open.

Have got two ships this year and have not noticed any tell.

6 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I miss the old tell where you got a bell like noise when a ship dropped just as it was about to open.

Have got two ships this year and have not noticed any tell.

I guess it depends on what sound system you are using. I have 5.1 on my gamer and with that sub you definitely hear it.  Even without it there's a double sound as the create drops down to get another.

12 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

Have fun !🤩

It also works for supercontainers and other event containers when you get a ship. I've been noticing that sound for awhile now. It's interesting how they have a special little sound for ship drops vs most other stuff.

2 hours ago, Col_NASTY said:

I guess it depends on what sound system you are using. I have 5.1 on my gamer and with that sub you definitely hear it.  Even without it there's a double sound as the create drops down to get another.

I have awesome speakers and good sound from my new PC and I honestly can't hear a difference. I was curious so I went and bought a 8X $3 bundle and an 8X $5 bundle. 

I got a ship from a $3 crate and sounded the same to me. I got a ship and 2500 Doubloons from the $5 crates and again it sounds the same to me.

When I trade in my certificates after finishing all T10's I will try and listen again.

I want the bell/chime thing back LOL.

@Col_NASTY

So, I have been trying to hear this louder and different noise on the ship drops. Just hadn't been hearing it despite getting quite a few ship drops. If anything, I almost felt, for me, the noise was a bit smoother/quieter?

I started to feel like there was a difference in the noise but it wasn't what you describe (for me) but just wasn't sure. Just opened a crate ($3 kind) and had a ship drop. I actually picked up on that slight difference (more smooth and not as loud of a clunk as said) and thought ship??? Yup. 

So, there does seem to be a noise difference, be it louder and clunkier as you feel or a bit smoother and quieter as it seems to me (how this is possible we get totally different sounds? LOL), when a ship drops but it is definitely subtle. You have to be listening for it actively IMO.

• Like 1