Awful, useless, and pointless premiums

Darlith

8 hours ago, Humility925 said:

I think Vlll Indomitable is worse CV I ever play, it's not very fun and enjoy to play, low damage, plane are so slow and easy destroyed by flaks. 

IIRC, Indomitable has some of the faster aircraft among tier VIII CVs. That’s a big part of her “flavor.” Are you sure you’re not confusing her with her tech counterpart Implacable?

Edited by Nevermore135

52 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

IIRC, Indomitable has some of the faster aircraft among tier VIII CVs. That’s a big part of her “flavor.” Are you sure you’re not confusing her with her tech counterpart Implacable?

No, it's indomitable, I felt indomitable plane are kind of slow to my taste, not able handle very well when couple of ship AA (I know ideally attack solo ship but it's not always going to be like that, sometime you do had to attack even group of ship with AA at some few points. 

• Bored 1

On 1/16/2024 at 2:42 AM, Darlith said:

With the season past now I thought of a couple more to add to my "Oh right that is why this ship gathers dust" list.

Huanghe - Though I do sometimes wish this had more guns,  this one isn't bad or pointless I just miss when operations were t6 and I used this there and wanted a place to say it without starting a whole new thread. Maybe I should to talk about the t6 and 7 premiums that got outclassed by the t8 cap.

Huanghe and weird ship.  On one hand... it sucks.... Great guns but with 2/3 rds gun count of Budy.... DPM is tragic for a cruiser.

Other hand, it's pretty much the only cruiser at T6 that has AA.  CV's can't really loiter around it like they can will just about any other T6 ship.  Last CB season at T6 and AA build huanghe pairs were pretty much the meta.

I still play the ship in T6 ranked when my CV shit bucket is about to overflow...

On 1/19/2024 at 8:51 AM, Humility925 said:

No, it's indomitable, I felt indomitable plane are kind of slow to my taste, not able handle very well when couple of ship AA (I know ideally attack solo ship but it's not always going to be like that, sometime you do had to attack even group of ship with AA at some few points. 

Indomitable has literally the fastest planes in the game at Tier VIII.  Base speed of 188 compared to the second place Graf Zeppelin's 181.  Shokaku's fastest is 151 and August von Parseval's fastest is 162, making the the fourth and third fastest at Tier VIII, well behind Indomitable's 188. 

In fact, barring the jets on the supership CVs and accounting for wowswiki's incomplete data for Tier X and XI CVs, it looks like Indomitable has the fastest planes in the game, with Graf Zeppelin having the second fastest.

How the heck are they kind of slow to your taste?