Holidays in Santa City escalates the progress point requirements

Arcus_Aesopi

FYI

Well, I just got to level 6 and suddenly realize the number of "progress points" required per level has jumped from 10 to 15...   *sigh*.  There's more "gaps" ahead (every 5 levels) so the "deal" I thought it was has reduced by quite a bit... was looking forward to the 2 "festive certificates" per day at the end.

Caveat Emptor!  (buyer beware!)

Since it replaces the "pass" thing for the patch, I didn't expect it to operate that differently.

WG has managed to find a way to make a nice thing disappoint me.  Ah well...  I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere... although I didn't see anything showing that little mechanic.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

It’s very interesting that there is absolutely no mention of the points needed to progress per level in the article, or that the points needed to progress would scale as you advanced. This is a very suspicious omission.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/holidays-in-santa-city/#additional-level

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Arcusaesopi said:

FYI

Well, I just got to level 6 and suddenly realize the number of "progress points" required per level has jumped from 10 to 15...   *sigh*.  There's more "gaps" ahead (every 5 levels) so the "deal" I thought it was has reduced by quite a bit... was looking forward to the 2 "festive certificates" per day at the end.

Since it replaces the "pass" thing for the patch, I didn't expect it to operate that differently.

WG has managed to find a way to make a nice thing disappoint me.  Ah well...  I'm sure it's in the fine print somewhere... although I didn't see anything showing that little mechanic.

image.thumb.png.b648bd1868e7de0df5fa62513b461f51.png

I wonder if this text vague is an explanation. 500 points is needed for the rewards, if that means 20 stages , that means each stage averages 25 so that the final steps maybe is huge?

Just a thought. I have only done the dailies so I am 5/10 on level 4. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

image.thumb.png.b648bd1868e7de0df5fa62513b461f51.png

I wonder if this text vague is an explanation. 500 points is needed for the rewards, if that means 20 stages , that means each stage averages 25 so that the final steps maybe is huge?

Just a thought. I have only done the dailies so I am 5/10 on level 4. 

Probably correct.

Getting the “extra” points daily isn’t trivial as it requires 10K BXP per day to get the 3rd “daily” you can do 5x for 5 progress points per day.  

I did it yesterday and after work to complete level 5 and today did 4K BXP to get level 6, but… that’s when I saw 11/15 progress toward 6.   

It’s a long patch so it’s probably achievable but it’ll be like that 3rd XP crate… eminently skippable! 

• Like 3

LOL at the idea that WG would give out things for low cost...

Guys, WG staff are like Ebeneezer Scrooge...don't expect actual generosity from a bunch of misers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The progression chart from the Devblog article can be seen here:

HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS - CLOSED TEST 12.11 - Development blog (worldofwarships.com)

...but I can't find a similar chart in the article on the WoWS news page:

Holidays in Santa City | World of Warships

...so I'm not sure if the in-game version will match the DevBlog. The progression definitely seems to get get more difficult the higher you go. I won't be surprised if WG has played it fast & loose with the details of this event. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Bah, humbug!

I'm not even bothering to figure this one out, personally. I'll play what I play and get what I can get without bending over backwards to get it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, oldblackdog said:

The progression chart from the Devblog article can be seen here:

HOLIDAY CELEBRATIONS - CLOSED TEST 12.11 - Development blog (worldofwarships.com)

I checked every level in the game client and the progress points match exactly what was stated in the devblog. So no lies from WG there. 

The only value not mentioned in the devblog was the cost per post-progression level. Back in November I estimated that at 50, I was correct once again: 

This also confirms my conclusion: assuming max grind, one can only obtain enough certificates (10) from post-progression to get 2 mega-crates

Again, why WG did not bother to include this in the news article is beyond me. They already did the work in the devblog, just copy and paste!

Edited by NMA101
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

I checked every level in game and the progress points match exactly what was stated in the devblog. So no lies from WG there. 

After I posted, I kept looking around for more info, but I couldn't find anything. Thanks for doing the legwork!

25 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

Again, why WG did not bother to include this in the news article is beyond me. They already did the work in the devblog, just copy and paste!

Vague and incomplete mission descriptions are a WG specialty (oops...did I say that out loud?). On the old forum, there were a couple of guys who would break down missions to the component parts, and then give advice on the best way a shlub like me could make any progress. Sometimes WG would become irritated when a poster's analysis would conclude that a mission's requirements were...ummm...bat**** insane...  

Edited by oldblackdog
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, NMA101 said:

I checked every level in the game client and the progress points match exactly what was stated in the devblog. So no lies from WG there. 

The only value not mentioned in the devblog was the cost per post-progression level. Back in November I estimated that at 50, I was correct once again: 

This also confirms my conclusion: assuming max grind, one can only obtain enough certificates (10) from post-progression to get 2 mega-crates

Ouch… max grind is 10K BXP per day.  Used to be 6K BXP on the battle pass and that took some dedication.

Hope I can get to the Stord 43 because I’m not making 10K per day…

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Ouch… max grind is 10K BXP per day.  Used to be 6K BXP on the battle pass and that took some dedication.

Hope I can get to the Stord 43 because I’m not making 10K per day…

actualy its more. 2k base exp is hard to get, most will get 1400-1800 on a win and here is the trick the remaining base exp does not go to the next bar so if you have a 1600 BXP match and a 1500 BXP match then 1100 BXP are wasted.

at least there are no win conditions.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

FYI

I very very disappointed to discover this as well. They did say though that we would need 500 points (out of 1,000 in total) to complete all 20 stages. I figure I'll still get at least a few post progression stages done.

You didn't think they were going to let us easily accumulate dozens of extra Santa certificates did you? That was too good to be true sadly. If I can get 5 or 6 extra certificates I'll be happy. My goal is to get 25+ points a day. Do the two daily missions for 10 each, do the weekly mission twice, and that means I do the other 2,000 base xp mission twice for 2 more points.

Edited by CFagan_1987
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, pepe_trueno said:

actualy its more. 2k base exp is hard to get, most will get 1400-1800 on a win and here is the trick the remaining base exp does not go to the next bar so if you have a 1600 BXP match and a 1500 BXP match then 1100 BXP are wasted.

at least there are no win conditions.

Yup, but fortunately I play PVE so the BXP comes in smaller chunks… not quite as much “waste”.  🙂

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Arcusaesopi said:

Yup, but fortunately I play PVE so the BXP comes in smaller chunks… not quite as much “waste”.  🙂

I've mainly been doing this event in Asymmetric battles but if I have like 200 base xp left for a mission I will jump into coop to do it.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CFagan_1987 said:

I've mainly been doing this event in Asymmetric battles but if I have like 200 base xp left for a mission I will jump into coop to do it.

Yup, the onslaught of pvp players in coop is evident this time of year 🙂

Someone asked “why would anyone have 10K coop battles” in one of my matches!  I just said “I like it more” but also lol thinking I’m a lightweight among my forum-mates!

😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

“why would anyone have 10K coop battles”

Only 10k?

uncle-roger-haiya.gif

I'm pushing 20k coop battles. But I'm also good in randoms and spent time in CBs.

People judging others based on the preferred mode is so 2019.

Back on topic, WG is always good for a hidden dick move, they just can't play straight with the players. I'm going to finish the event easy this month, as I have more time of (yay for health issues, I guess 😩). But WG could have done much better with it.

Edited by Aragathor
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Arcusaesopi said:

FYI

Thanks for pointing this out.  I haven't played much this year - just came back a few days ago to use my armory coupons before they expired and then again last night to start knocking off flakes.  After clicking around a little, I figured this was the new version of the battle pass. There used to be two steps of premium - one that bought the premium rewards and another that gave some added perq's and missions for more battle points- is that top level no longer available?  I haven't read through all of the recent news yet.

Anyway, I was considering buying the premium battle pass (or whatever it's called now).  But if it takes that much effort, I won't bother.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NMA101 said:

The answer is obvious, they hope to make more money by confusing the players...because if the players knew the truth, WG fears we would spend less.

Got to love the way they 'respect' us...

• Like 2

Good to know.  I was not planning on buying the second progression until I had completely finished the first.  WG might have just dicked themselves out of 3500 dbs.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CFagan_1987 said:

Yes I managed the dailies the first day, yesterday (EU server)that way. Played plenty of Asymmetric and mixed it with coop.

I bought the Premium variant, I will fix the stages. But in deep contrast to the Normal updates where I buy the Premium as I know I will get quite a lot of post-progression rewards i.e. quite  a lot of coal and blue boosters, I will now maybe reach 1 Mega + some small as exchange. OTOH with my large gameplay I know that i can miss a few because only 1 missed point makes the 2nd postprogression Mega impossible and I will not get desperate playing for that. Now when the realistic result for me that normally plays 15-25 hours weekly will be maybe 800-850, I can play more relaxed.

Edited by Gnirf
  • Like 3