What is your favorite tier to play, do you enjoy Legendary or are they port queens going unused

kriegerfaust

I have only used legendary ships a handful of times in spite of how much i have played the game.  I don't even play the highest tier of game that much but play a tier or three below it.  i get the appeal have a ship that cannot be up tiered, so you are guaranteed the be among the strongest.  The only trouble is you are paying in credits for that as almost every match will be a loss of credits.  so can people tell me why they do or do not play legendary tier ships and what tiers they play instead.

I like lower tiers because they are less passive to play people push on points and don't hug the back field.  There are also less gimmicks and showers of torpedoes from ships so far out of range there in another postal code.  The ships are also varied more in design and playstyle instead of all long-range battleships, and cruisers with more guns the anything.  All my legendary ships were earned through research so i feel far less connected to them than my other ships.

All this is connected to the upcoming campaign in legends which is a legendary European cruiser which i have no interest in.   Included is also a European commander which i guess i have some interest in but as with the ship can only be earned as part of the paid battle pass.  A lot of other good news as we have a split tier of German destroyers and French cruisers coming.  

Edited by kriegerfaust

• kriegerfaust changed the title to What is your favorite tier to play, do you enjoy Legendary or are they port queens going unused

I like that you are always posting fun topics, but you need to ditch legends and come over to PC my friend. 

i would if i could but i am still playing on my xbox one/ps4 and am far too poor for console gaming

also i would loose al progress i have made

as for legendary i mean your tier 11 our tier 9

PC gaming is great but expensive, also i have been a console gamer my entire life

but thanks for letting this console peasant hang out among you PC elites

• Like 2

7 hours ago, kriegerfaust said:

I have only used legendary ships a handful of times in spite of how much i have played the game.  I don't even play the highest tier of game that much but play a tier or three below it.  i get the appeal have a ship that cannot be up tiered, so you are guaranteed the be among the strongest.  The only trouble is you are paying in credits for that as almost every match will be a loss of credits.  so can people tell me why they do or do not play legendary tier ships and what tiers they play instead.

I like lower tiers because they are less passive to play people push on points and don't hug the back field.  There are also less gimmicks and showers of torpedoes from ships so far out of range there in another postal code.  The ships are also varied more in design and playstyle instead of all long-range battleships, and cruisers with more guns the anything.  All my legendary ships were earned through research so i feel far less connected to them than my other ships.

All this is connected to the upcoming campaign in legends which is a legendary European cruiser which i have no interest in.   Included is also a European commander which i guess i have some interest in but as with the ship can only be earned as part of the paid battle pass.  A lot of other good news as we have a split tier of German destroyers and French cruisers coming.  

My favourite tier is 10. Probably because it's the easiest tier to play at the moment. You can rawdog tier 8s for free and tier 11s aren't much of a threat. Especially with all the completely and utterly mid superships they're adding. The only real tier 11s I played were the OG ones and Clausewitz. Otherwise none are worth it at all and are just there for pprt queens.

5 hours ago, fumtu said:

Under "Legendary" are you think on Supersheets or T10s with Legendary upgrade?

He is talking about Legendary tier on WoWs Legends (the console game.) It's basically the same as superships, except T10s from PC are legendary tier there.

Anyways to answer the question it's Tier 10 and it's not even close. T10 has the most varied and unique ships, almost every ship feels competitive to play. Mistakes actually get punished, and you don't really worry about uptiers. Each ship at T10 is just way more fun than their lower tier counterparts typically, whether its because of some gimmick coming to fruition, or the ship itself actually being good.  

• Like 1

For me, it's tiers 6-8...you get mostly historical ships....and there is less try hard toxicity.

Though I do enjoy playing DD at tiers 9 and 10 for some reason. It's a bit of an exciting challenge.

I only play tiers 5  - 10 so they count for daily and weekly missions.

Tier 5 just Nicholas as it's just stupid fun.

The rest I cycle through my most played ships (in no tier order).

Fiji.

Republique.

Neptune.

Lightning.

Cossack.

Bourgogne.

GK.

Mino.

Daring.

Etc, etc, etc

Normally play about 20 battles a day.

I enjoyed T8 the most, for me it was the last tier that feels "real"... T9 is artificially underwhelming (shafted) while T10 is artificially overtunned. T11 is an abomination and a strong reason for me to not play the game anymore (reeks of P2W). 

T8 has the most varied MM and there are lots of weird/interesting ships at that tier.

• Like 1

On 12/7/2023 at 8:37 AM, kriegerfaust said:

but thanks for letting this console peasant hang out among you PC elites

He wasn't being snobby when he said that.  The PC version of World of Warships is a completely different game than World of Warships Legends.  Tiers are different, available ships are different, missions and events are different, etc.

This forum is specifically for the PC game.  We absolutely welcome you here to talk all things WoWS, just remember that very few, if any, details will be relevant between the two games.

• Like 2

I play the mid tiers almost exclusively (tiers 6 and 7) using premium ships only. The upper tiers in co-op are not particularly any more fun and the costs are high so I only use those ships for flake events or if I need a specific mission done. I don't own any of the tier 11 crap since that is nothing but a resource dump and honestly, just uninteresting. Besides the tech tree stuff is irrelevant, expensive, and just not any more fun than the premium ships. The only tech tree ships I have outfitted with equipment are my cruisers. All the rest have none mounted, low point captains, and just sit in port to be used for snowflake events. 

• Like 1

I have only two Legendary ships Knondostat and Missouri I very rarely play with it. almost all BB which don't have strong secondaries is my port Queens 😄

• Haha 1