Chat Funnies

Snargfargle

@Wolfswetpaws

Don't tell me that's not exactly how the bots act in WOWS. I'm pretty certain that they are programmed to get hit by your torpedoes if they at all possibly can, even if they have to turn around and race halfway across the map in order to do so. It's to "train" you to be "more careful."

2 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

@Wolfswetpaws

Don't tell me that's not exactly how the bots act in WOWS. I'm pretty certain that they are programmed to get hit by your torpedoes if they at all possibly can, even if they have to turn around and race halfway across the map in order to do so. It's to "train" you to be "more careful."

Okay, I won't tell you what you seem to want to avoid knowing.  😉 

I Built A Post Apocalyptic Kitchen

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I Built A Post Apocalyptic Kitchen

That looks more like my granny's kitchen than a post-apocalyptic kitchen. That is, unless the "bomb" was dropped in the 50s.

th?id=OIP.ghSVDhJp17kIEvLwr8CpagHaE3%26p

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That looks more like my granny's kitchen than a post-apocalyptic kitchen. That is, unless the "bomb" was dropped in the 50s.

On the off chance you didn't watch the entire video, the Nerdforge channel created a Fallout76 game themed kitchen.
So, style elements from the 1950's with weathering/aging applied to give it the post-apocalyptic appearance.

6 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

On the off chance you didn't watch the entire video, the Nerdforge channel created a Fallout76 game themed kitchen.
So, style elements from the 1950's with weathering/aging applied to give it the post-apocalyptic appearance.

I watched it. I was thinking that I wished I had as much energy as she does. I never seemed to have the time to build all the projects I wanted to and now that I do have the time I don't seem to have the energy.  The more she kept going, however, the more I realized that her kitchen set was starting to look like my granny's actual kitchen looked when I was a kid. I actually have a red Coca-Cola ice box out in the shop. Mine's in better shape than this one.

tk5qtlggq11.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=2f39cbd34

I've got one of these in the basement.

F469DIceBox2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0e96bea2

My great aunt still used one of these when I was a little kid in the late 50s. I remember my uncle going to the ice house to get ice for it. Yes, I still remember ice houses too. This isn't the one in my uncle's home town but it looks a lot like it. I've got some of those old phones and the switchboard that was in my grandpa's old phone company too.

63fe1409fd47dc537bad47c1c92dd82e.jpg

It's weird when you wake up one morning and realize that you are now older than your grandpa's were when they died.

• Like 4

My grandparents lived a very long time, but your point is well-taken, @Snargfargle

• Like 2

I watched it. I was thinking that I wished I had as much energy as she does. I never seemed to have the time to build all the projects I wanted to and now that I do have the time I don't seem to have the energy.  The more she kept going, however, the more I realized that her kitchen set was starting to look like my granny's actual kitchen looked when I was a kid. I actually have a red Coca-Cola ice box out in the shop. Mine's in better shape than this one.

tk5qtlggq11.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=2f39cbd34

I've got one of these in the basement.

F469DIceBox2.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=0e96bea2

My great aunt still used one of these when I was a little kid in the late 50s. I remember my uncle going to the ice house to get ice for it. Yes, I still remember ice houses too. This isn't the one in my uncle's home town but it looks a lot like it. I've got some of those old phones and the switchboard that was in my grandpa's old phone company too.

63fe1409fd47dc537bad47c1c92dd82e.jpg

It's weird when you wake up one morning and realize that you are now older than your grandpa's were when they died.

I used to work for a transportation company that had a small terminal in Indianapolis.  Within walking distance was a bar/tavern named "The Icehouse".
Apparently, it still exists.  https://www.facebook.com/icehouseindianapolis/

Or not?  https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2017/10/20/ice-house-next-indianapolis-restaurant-closing/783100001/

Or still is?  https://www.indystar.com/story/entertainment/2018/01/24/someone-stepping-up-save-indys-ice-house-bar/1061685001/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

When "muscle memory" goes wrong.

I've encountered this type of situation myself. I drove only manual-transmission vehicles for 30 years and when I finally bought an automatic I found myself reaching down and shifting it out of Drive while trying to change gears.

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 1

I've seen some weird things but...

In WOWS, it's best to continuously change your speed and heading in order to throw off the aim of the enemy.

10 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

I've encountered this type of situation myself. I drove only manual-transmission vehicles for 30 years and when I finally bought an automatic I found myself reaching down and shifting it out of Drive while trying to change gears.

Edited 10 hours ago by Snargfargle

As someone who also has driven manual transmissions most of my life, there have been times when I stepped on the non-existent clutch-pedal of a vehicle equipped with an automatic transmission.
It's really annoying, because often the brake pedal is wide enough to get stepped on in the process and the car is then braking (for no good reason) until I can properly react to the situation.
Eventually, I drove automatics often enough to train myself to handle both types appropriately without the habits of one affecting the situation of the other.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

In WOWS, it's best to continuously change your speed and heading in order to throw off the aim of the enemy.

One word:  "shotgun".  😉 

• Like 1

On 4/2/2024 at 5:11 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

One word:  "shotgun".  😉 

hmm... wedding?

6 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

hmm... wedding?

No, not wedding.  😉 

• Like 1

M' father often told me, when I was just a lad,
A sailor's life was very hard, the food was always bad,
But now I've joined the navy, I'm on board a man-o-war,
And now I find a sailor ain't a sailor any more!

Chorus:
Don't haul on the rope, don't climb up the mast,
If you see a sailing-ship it might be your last,
Get your 'civvies ready for another run-ashore,
A sailor ain't a sailor, ain't a sailor any more!

The 'killick' of our mess, he says we've had it soft,
It wasn't like this in his day, when he was up aloft,
We like our bunks and sleeping-bags but what's a hammock for?
Swinging from the deckhead or lying on the floor?

They gave us an engine that first went up and down,
Then with more technology the engine went around,
We're good with steam and diesel but what's a mainyard for?
A stoker ain't a stoker with a shovel any more!

They gave us an Aldiss Lamp, we can do it right,
They gave us a radio, we signal day and night,
We know our codes and ciphers but what's a 'sema' for?
A 'bunting-tosser' doesn't toss the bunting any more!

They gave us a radar set to pierce the fog and gloom,
So now the lookout's sitting in a tiny darkened room,
Loran does navigation the Sonar says how deep,
The Jimmy's 3 sheets to the wind, the Skipper's fast asleep.

Two cans of beer a day, that's your bleeding lot!
But now we gets an extra two because they stopped The Tot,
So, we'll put on our civvy-clothes and find a pub ashore,
A sailor's still a sailor, just like he was before!

• Like 1

Before the guy even did it, I was thinking that I'm going to need some construction paper and a pair of scissors.

• Haha 3

Do you remember when you were young and had excess energy?

I patched a truck tire this morning and it completely wore me out. I think the next time I run over a nail I'm paying the $25 to get it fixed at the tire shop.

1 hour ago, Snargfargle said:

Do you remember when you were young and had excess energy?

Yes.
Those are fond memories.
I also am glad that I know local tire-shops able to install new tires and/or fix punctured tires.