Chat Funnies

Snargfargle

Meanwhile, in Japan...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/19/2024 at 5:25 AM, Snargfargle said:

I'm a bit curious as to just how this printing technology was first discovered.

The roots of pad printing go back to the late 1800s, with the modern uses of flexible forms like silicon going back to at least the '70s.

Meanwhile, in Coop...

Skynet.jpg.ae800a663e53b34ef13758364d741445.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Amaruk said:

The roots of pad printing go back to the late 1800s, with the modern uses of flexible forms like silicon going back to at least the '70s.

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 2

Seems normal, what could possibly go wrong?

Untitled.jpg

tarantula_poster_03.jpg?ssl=1&f=1&nofb=1

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

DarmockJalad.jpg.9ec982a6a1ffb92d6b7d61b3e4411257.jpg

Spoiler

For those who aren't familiar with Tamarian:

The player's IGN (Darmock_On_The_Ocean) is a variation of Darmok on the ocean, which means loneliness or isolation.

Darmok and Jalad on the ocean – friendship or understanding from a shared challenge.

Amaruk, his eyes open, a variation of Sokath, his eyes uncovered, means understanding.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Amaruk said:

DarmockJalad.jpg.9ec982a6a1ffb92d6b7d61b3e4411257.jpg

Hide contents

For those who aren't familiar with Tamarian:

The player's IGN (Darmock_On_The_Ocean) is a variation of Darmok on the ocean, which means loneliness or isolation.

Darmok and Jalad on the ocean – friendship or understanding from a shared challenge.

Amaruk, his eyes open, a variation of Sokath, his eyes uncovered, means understanding.

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Darmok_(episode)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708696/
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708696/quotes/?ref_=tt_trv_qu

• Like 1

This is pretty much my printer, how 'bout yours?

9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

This is pretty much my printer, how 'bout yours?

About the same.  🙂 

2 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

About the same.  🙂 

Sometimes my printer will start making a racket on its own in the middle of the night. Apparently, tank printers like mine self-clean periodically. It will occasionally run its scanner for no apparent reason too. I will have to say that I really like tank printers over cartridge ones though. In five years, I've only spent $20 on ink.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Sometimes my printer will start making a racket on its own in the middle of the night. Apparently, tank printers like mine self-clean periodically. It will occasionally run its scanner for no apparent reason too. I will have to say that I really like tank printers over cartridge ones though. In five years, I've only spent $20 on ink.

Yeah, the ink jet cartridges always get blocked.

Completely unrelated, but when you mentioned printers I got reminded of those office printers that use continuous feed paper, and how for the first time I encountered them in a completely air conditioned room. It was air conditioned because it had a huge black tower with a million blinking lights, a very fascinating sight as you can imagine, that was the main computer. The room also had an equally fascinating smell which I think was due to the air conditioning.

Now thing I can't figure out is why air conditioning in the old days had that nice chemical smell about it, whereas nowadays, if it smells, it smells bad.

Good old times....

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Yeah, the ink jet cartridges always get blocked.

Completely unrelated, but when you mentioned printers I got reminded of those office printers that use continuous feed paper, and how for the first time I encountered them in a completely air conditioned room. It was air conditioned because it had a huge black tower with a million blinking lights, a very fascinating sight as you can imagine, that was the main computer. The room also had an equally fascinating smell which I think was due to the air conditioning.

Now thing I can't figure out is why air conditioning in the old days had that nice chemical smell about it, whereas nowadays, if it smells, it smells bad.

Good old times....

Dot Matrix printer in action.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Dot Matrix printer in action.

Truly, technology is music to my ears.

image.jpeg.fdf1e39f91fdf18330d8dea106c8d034.jpeg

Most impressive.

• Haha 1

Not what you were expecting?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Snargfargle said:

Not what you were expecting?

That's fake, I think. The hair changes (there's none on the mask at the end). Still scary, though...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

That's fake, I think. The hair changes (there's none on the mask at the end). Still scary, though...

Those were fake?

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

Of course it's a fake but it's funny. Soon, however, AI will be so good that none of us will be able to ascertain AI-generated content from a recording of an actual event. When that occurs, what's going to happen to our news reporting, justice, and educational systems?

Edited by Snargfargle
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Of course it's a fake but it's funny. Soon, however, AI will be so good that none of us will be able to ascertain AI-generated content from a recording of an actual event. When that occurs, what's going to happen to our news reporting, justice, and educational systems?

They'll miraculously start working again?

• Haha 1

Maybe there's  another magical pistachio somewhere?

Spoiler

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Those were fake?

The fakes were faked by some fakers?

"Lions and tigers and bears.  Oh my."  😉 

• Like 2