Druid 3058

Frostbow

The fun continues.

• 3,058 Base XP.
  • 52 Aircraft Destroyed.
  • 2 Aircraft Carriers Sunk.
  • 1 PC mouse pushed to the brink of retirement.

😄

Link: https://youtu.be/NmpC0LiGsOM

On a related note, the art and graphics never fails to amaze. You can literally see the ricochets. Plus the details on the planes are remarkable.

shot-23_08.21_16_42.57-0393.thumb.jpg.192b8ad14374a95f6c1f9c0af323c459.jpg

shot-23_08.21_16_42.36-0178.thumb.jpg.b113d031f88df5d7be5b3a0bc6074175.jpg

shot-23_08.21_16.41_08-0617.thumb.jpg.036109de49885e6f68ea2f5e4dfea059.jpg

shot-23_08.21_16_42.11-0196.thumb.jpg.544069c47ae137d32119a197fc092e69.jpg

shot-23_08.21_16_44.49-0453.thumb.jpg.0f626d1a0f4282c07bb0458206a032e0.jpg

Edited by Frostbow
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Frostbownice video, and thanks for sharing.  Druid can be a blast to play.  And as far as graphics are concerned, this is one area where WG really hit it out of the park.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, HogHammer said:

@Frostbownice video, and thanks for sharing.  Druid can be a blast to play.  And as far as graphics are concerned, this is one area where WG really hit it out of the park.

Agree. The graphics are really beautiful to look at. And they can still improve it by a wide margin. I would like to see them enable the option to make the actual battles look more cinematic. More smoke. More splashes. Longer wakes. Longer plane smoke trail. A bit more image noise. 

But, I do want the dolphins to stay under the waves while ships are shooting or exploding. LOL

9 hours ago, Frostbow said:

I do want the dolphins to stay under the waves while ships are shooting or exploding.

My Kleber keeps driving over the poor things 😞

• Sad 1

On 8/22/2023 at 6:23 PM, Frostbow said:

The fun continues.

Nice video. Can you pls tell me how do you keep your view ON the target while shooting? For example, min 1:55 in the video. Is not just binocular view.

How do you move your camera around the target, while not dead?!?

13 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

Nice video. Can you pls tell me how do you keep your view ON the target while shooting? For example, min 1:55 in the video. Is not just binocular view.

How do you move your camera around the target, while not dead?!?

Hello, SmokinSerj! Thanks!

What you're seeing is a recording of the battle's replay file, not the actual in-game view.

How I do it starts with recording my replay files in one or two takes; sometimes three, depending on the camera angle I want to emphasize. Then, I open them in a video editor (I use Da Vinci Resolve, it is a free and capable software you can download), and edit the video clips, and finally merge them in a single timeline.

You can try this for yourself. Open any replay file, and once the battle starts, press 'c' to decouple the in-game camera. This will allow you to view your ship from any angle independent of where you were looking at during the actual battle. Press 'c' again to return to the default view.

33 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

What you're seeing is a recording of the battle's replay file, not the actual in-game view.

Ah, that explains it!

33 minutes ago, Frostbow said:

You can try this for yourself. Open any replay file, and once the battle starts, press 'c' to decouple the in-game camera. This will allow you to view your ship from any angle independent of where you were looking at during the actual battle. Press 'c' again to return to the default view.

I actually read this feature exists, but I was never keen enough to try to use it myself.

Thank you for your explanation. 🤗

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

Ah, that explains it!

I actually read this feature exists, but I was never keen enough to try to use it myself.

For what it's worth, I learned from your question & answer, too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

You're welcome!

5 minutes ago, SmokinSerj said:

I wholeheartedly recommend you try it! 👍 

Aside from being able to have a more immersive view of the replay, there's great value to it when one wants to review actual battle performance, like how or where shells land.