Is there still anyone doing ship reviews these days?

Zaydin

Can't recall the last time LWM put up a new review and Yuzorah at the Daily Bounce has been on indefinite hiatus since May. Just wondering if there is anyone considered reliable who is still doing reviews.

• Thanks 1

The wiki’s generally been pretty on top of new releases, although we’ve gotten a little behind because of the holidays

3 hours ago, Zaydin said:

Can't recall the last time LWM put up a new review and Yuzorah at the Daily Bounce has been on indefinite hiatus since May. Just wondering if there is anyone considered reliable who is still doing reviews.

There's a section of the forum devoted to it.
If you're on the "Home" page, scroll-down to where LittleWhiteMouse's reviews are and it will be a separate category just below her review repository.
The reference section of the forum.  https://www.devstrike.net/forum/7-reference-section/
The direct link to the non LWM ship reviews section of the forum.  https://www.devstrike.net/forum/8-ship-reviews/

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Zaydin said:

All currently available ship reviews would be here:  Reference Section - DevStrike! - a WoWs Community Forum

Currently, LWM has many ship reviews up (available for viewing).  There are also many (currently hidden) that are still "work in progress" (meaning a full transfer from the old forum to here).  From what I see, I will say that I had no idea of the overall volume of reviews LWM did over the years.  It is truly impressive.

We have also recently published reviews by @Verytis Brisbane (Vs Minotaur) Review and @Unlooky HMS Minotaur.

I will add that I am aware of several forum members who are working on ship reviews and guides for certain classes of ships.

In the Ship Review section of this forum, you will find the ever-growing list of ships in World of Warships.  All classes and nations are represented, with some newly introduced ships soon to be added.

Ideally, we would like to link reviews - Video, member experience, and in-depth reviews in one easy-to-view format.  This is a work in progress, too.

An example (US Cruisers) in its current state looks like this, with the ship name (linked to WoWs Wiki), followed by additional reviews for that ship.  In the future, additional reviews (either written and video) will be included for individual ships.

ShipReviewExample.png.fa51945b9b618562712b06f1d9de7209.png(Example screenshot of US Cruiser section)

Regardless of the type of review, written or video, they do take considerable time to produce.  As far as "reliable" individuals doing reviews, several WoWs CCs and others do them when time permits. These are the ones you have to hunt down.  Usually, these video reviews are top-line with a dash of personal opinions of a particular ship.  The written reviews, which are much more time-consuming to produce, go into greater detail.  

As time permits, these sections will populate with additional reviews, allowing members to access the information they seek.  And, I would imagine that over time, additional people will step up and offer reviews - written and in video format.

• Like 1