Soo......who else has log in problems? :(

Andrewbassg

I can log in EU. I can also play. But I can't log in on NA. I was able to log in, collect some stuff, but when I pressed battle, I was kicked out and no juice ever since. 😞 Or should I say cookies, perhaps....

• Sad 1

Ok, I'm bumping this coz, now I have the same problem on EU. On NA I'm already pink, and since I was kicked out once more 😞 

Run WGCheck, Check/Repair...to no avail. Opened a ticket, and they say 

Due to a heavy volume of tickets, our wait times have increased. We're working to answer as quickly as we can, in the order the tickets were received. Please expect delays.

I don't know if it is related to this, more people having the same issues, or its just the holiday season.

FWIW I've been turfed out of the server once, so far. Luckily, I was mucking about with equipping W. Virginia '44 (fell out of a Satan box), so it didn't matter much...

4 minutes ago, Verblonde said:

FWIW I've been turfed out of the server once, so far. Luckily, I was mucking about with equipping W. Virginia '44 (fell out of a Satan box), so it didn't matter much...

In my case either the login screens stay there forever, or if I manage to enter and press battle, get promptly kicked out. "Interestingly" managed to play 1 coop battle, but no luck with Asym battles....

56 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

In my case either the login screens stay there forever, or if I manage to enter and press battle, get promptly kicked out. "Interestingly" managed to play 1 coop battle, but no luck with Asym battles..

But this reminds me of an issue I once had, very similar to what you describe here, last year about. Began with the download of an update. Froze or kicked me out as you mentioned. In my case, I solved it by uninstalling and re-installing the game. A file repair might also have worked, but I grabbed the hammer.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

But this reminds me of an issue I once had, very similar to what you describe here, last year about. Began with the download of an update. Froze or kicked me out as you mentioned. In my case, I solved it by uninstalling and re-installing the game. A file repair might also have worked, but I grabbed the hammer.

Yeah that seems the last resort. Nothing else worked.

Y61YAtE.png

Kicked out again......already penalised to play 12 coop battles....

Edit: Btw  here is the uninstall questionaire for those interested....

7k7uQTr.png

Edited by Andrewbassg
  • Like 3

The login screen and 'check your internet connection' is something I see regularly. Now, I'm a VPN user, so what usually (but not always) fixes it is choosing another VPN connection. My theory is this is a DNS related issue, and if it is a possible fix might be using something like Cloudflare DNS to bypass the issue.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, I_cant_Swim_ said:

This is why was earlier asking (and wondering) about that Gamecheck I had used in the past. The only thing is... now it's gone.

• Like 1

Signed in as normal for my first battle after the 12.11 update.  Clicked on "Battle" and arrived at the loading screen.  The clicked "Start" and the battle started but...I was still stuck on the loading screen.  I could hear my guns fire with a left click and the ships bell ring when I pressed W.  Stuck for th3e entire battle until it ended and then I'm at the summary screen that shows up at the end of the battle.  Then exited the game, ran check & repair, reloaded with no mods and without using mod center.  Exact same sequence of events.  No idea what's going on although I did submit a ticket to tech support.

Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, Atahotep said:

Signed in as normal for my first battle after the 12.11 update.  Clicked on "Battle" and arrived at the loading screen.  The clicked "Start" and the battle started but...I was still stuck on the loading screen.  I could hear my guns fire with a left click and the ships bell ring when I pressed W.  Stuck for th3e entire battle until it ended and then I'm at the summary screen that shows up at the end of the battle.  Then exited the game, ran check & repair, reloaded with no mods and without using mod center.  Exact same sequence of events.  No idea what's going on although I did submit a ticket to tech support.

Any ideas?

My guess would be that the mods have corrupted your game files. There's a lot of issues people are having now, so it's potentially also at server end, though. Going to merge this with the existing thread.

BTW, welcome aboard!

4 hours ago, Atahotep said:

Update:  I just had the exact same thing occur on the EU server with my EU account

If the client is the same ( which I assume it is) you will have the same problems. Pretty much the only solution is to redownload the whole game. 😞 

Btw, my ticket still hasn't been answered, so it is pretty clear that they have their hands full ........

7 hours ago, Atahotep said:

Any ideas?

I have the exact same issue.  Battle went on without me being able to see anything, but I could hear it.  I restarted the computer, restarted the game, and got back into the same battle but still not able to get off the start screen.  I tried again in a co-op battle but with the "mission" screen up in stead of the "team" screen, and though still not getting any game visual, the map on that screen did update, and I found that I could at least enter directional commands to the ship through the keyboard.  So I drove forward, had a bot BB ram me and sink and actually finished 6th on the team.  😉

But now, no playing until this gets figured out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrewbassg said:

If the client is the same ( which I assume it is) you will have the same problems. Pretty much the only solution is to redownload the whole game. 😞 

Btw, my ticket still hasn't been answered, so it is pretty clear that they have their hands full ........

My ticket is still open as well 😞

• Sad 1

My issue is the damn lag spikes since patch drop.  It's annoying as hell as it makes it hard to use a CV, DD or SS.  Ell, it's rough to use a CA and BB as well.  I know it isn't on my end as I am not having this issue on WT.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Mono_De_Mantequilla said:

I ran the game check and removed all mods.  Restarted and working fine now.

Do you actually mean the actual Gamecheck.exe? If you do, how did you get it? It's missing from my current installation.

18 hours ago, Atahotep said:

Update:  I just had the exact same thing occur on the EU server with my EU account

If you have corrupted files, the problem will persist. I've never tried a complete re-install, so I don't know how well that fix it if it isn't a clean install. As for how to get a clean install, I assume you'd have to completely remove all existing game files from your computer before reinstalling.

Another problem popped up two days ago:  bought doubloons and they never were credited to my game account.  Filed a ticket and it more or less said:  it's gonna take a while even though there is a receipt.....

• Sad 2

8 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

Do you actually mean the actual Gamecheck.exe? If you do, how did you get it? It's missing from my current installation.

If regular user (i.e no steam) you have WG Check. And then the other, the Check and Repair.

8 hours ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

If you have corrupted files, the problem will persist. I've never tried a complete re-install, so I don't know how well that fix it if it isn't a clean install. As for how to get a clean install, I assume you'd have to completely remove all existing game files from your computer before reinstalling.

Well in my case did solve the problem. And yes and no. You can have separate instances, as separate folders and will remove the selected one, only.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Asym said:

And, two days later, 10 minutes ago, that purchase posted.......late to say the least !

In my case after launched the reinstalled game got a response. Still one good thing, they removed all penalties. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Andrewbassg said:

If regular user (i.e no steam) you have WG Check. And then the other, the Check and Repair.

I can except that logical explanation, except.. as I've mentioned previously, my old rig and installation had Gamecheck. And I've never used the Steam version, and I have no clue as to why I had it.

15 minutes ago, Admiral_Karasu said:

I can except that logical explanation, except.. as I've mentioned previously, my old rig and installation had Gamecheck. And I've never used the Steam version, and I have no clue as to why I had it.

The way Wg check launches is the same way as safe mode is launched. Via the submenu on the play button. IDRE but Game Check wasn't a separate .exe ? Coz then it is entirely possible to be a leftover from the old ( pre WGC) install. For the server is just a shortcut and probably the two things are actually the same thing, anyway.